PDA

View Full Version : Jake Peavy Arrested

rowand33
01-05-2007, 12:48 AM
From rotoworld:

Jake Peavy was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct Thursday at Mobile Regional Airport.

The Mobile native was taken to the Mobile County Metro Jail shortly before 7 a.m. and was released on a $350 bond. The police failed to say why Peavy was arreseted, but Padres GM Kevin Towers told The Associated Press he was told that Peavy was headed for a goodwill tour of the Dominican Republic with other major league players when he double-parked to drop off his bags and was told by airport police to move his car. "The airport police told him he couldn't park his car there and he said, 'Write me up a ticket and I'll pay for it,'" Towers said. "He was arrested."

Kinda funny, actually.

DumpJerry
01-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Kinda arrogant. He got what he deserved. He has two legs, two arms and two lungs like everyone else, he isn't someone special.

HotelWhiteSox
01-05-2007, 01:14 AM
pretty lame on the part of the rentacop imo

fquaye149
01-05-2007, 02:15 AM
Kinda arrogant. He got what he deserved. He has two legs, two arms and two lungs like everyone else, he isn't someone special.

um?:?:

VenturaIsAGod
01-05-2007, 02:29 AM
um?:?:

....I thought the same thing :D:

But yeah, that's pretty ignorant of him to wave his money around just because he can. The law wasn't made to try to get people to pay the fine. Maybe he can earn himself a jerk label and then the Sox will get him for cheap, a la AJ.

South Side Irish
01-05-2007, 02:49 AM
I can't write off Peavy as arrogant yet. Airport security that patrol the parking lots/drop off lanes are very pushy, and I get irritated with them pretty often, too. I would have loved to say that a few times! TBS, I understand why security is so over-cautious, and Peavy deserves to get at ticket. But arrested? Jeez... a little over the top!

And to think, the state of Alabama will need every last cent it has to pay for a new football coach, and they're puting poor baseball players in jail for no reason. :redneck

getonbckthr
01-05-2007, 02:55 AM
Basically Peavy did something we all wanted to do at some point in our lives. The difference is he has the money to actually do it and not have to worry about financial ramifications.

MUsoxfan
01-05-2007, 04:00 AM
Basically Peavy did something we all wanted to do at some point in our lives. The difference is he has the money to actually do it and not have to worry about financial ramifications.

Exactly. If I could do tell the cops to write me a ticket everytime I picked someone up at Midway, I certainly would.

DumpJerry
01-05-2007, 06:21 AM
Exactly. Hence my arrogance comment about him feeling better than the rest of us commoners.

The Immigrant
01-05-2007, 07:41 AM
Exactly. Hence my arrogance comment about him feeling better than the rest of us commoners.

This is America, my man. If you want equality with the commoners, go back to Russia. :tongue:

hi im skot
01-05-2007, 09:02 AM
I can't write off Peavy as arrogant yet. Airport security that patrol the parking lots/drop off lanes are very pushy, and I get irritated with them pretty often, too.

Definitely...I had airport security chasing after me through the terminal of the Quad Cities Airport last year for a minor parking situation...

It was actually pretty hilarious.

Jake Peavy...I salute you!

Steelrod
01-05-2007, 09:20 AM
He must think he's in the NBA!

AuroraSoxFan
01-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Just a bored rent-a-cop with not much better to do who wanted to feel empowered. No big deal really. Surprised it made national news honestly.

INSox56
01-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Hilarious

JohnTucker0814
01-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Definitely...I had airport security chasing after me through the terminal of the Quad Cities Airport last year for a minor parking situation...

Jake Peavy...I salute you!

It's the Quad City Airport... and I was the rent a cop that was chasing you down... okay so I'm really not...

I didn't find it funny running after you!

They just remodeled that airport and it actually looks like a decent airport now, we even have more than 1 flight per day out of here! haha

hi im skot
01-05-2007, 10:36 AM
It's the Quad City Airport... and I was the rent a cop that was chasing you down... okay so I'm really not...

I didn't find it funny running after you!

They just remodeled that airport and it actually looks like a decent airport now, we even have more than 1 flight per day out of here! haha

Were you an old lady by any chance? :smile:

Yeah, I'm actually quite impressed with the QC airport now...it's actually respectable.

DSpivack
01-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Can't blame Peavy for it. Few days before Christmas my sister picked me up from O'Hare, I was putting my suitcase in the car and the rent-a-cop stared at us and yelled that we should move on. Umm, can I not get in the car?

QCIASOXFAN
01-05-2007, 01:48 PM

Jake Peavy...I salute you!:rolling:

maurice
01-05-2007, 02:17 PM
The general populance normally is not arrested for parking violations.

hi im skot
01-05-2007, 03:49 PM
:rolling:

You laugh because you can totally imagine it happening in the QC!

South Side Irish
01-05-2007, 09:11 PM

Great point.

DumpJerry
01-06-2007, 12:38 AM
This is America, my man. If you want equality with the commoners, go back to Russia. :tongue:
Mr/Ms. Immigrant, I was born less than two miles from Comiskey Park. Nowhere near Russia. Never been there.

brewcrew/chisox
01-06-2007, 12:20 PM
The law wasn't made to try to get people to pay the fine.[/COLOR]

Tell that to Daley and his parking ticket scofflaw campaign.

downstairs
01-06-2007, 12:48 PM

If you mouth off, you bet you'll be.