PDA

View Full Version : Spring training hotel to stay at

Mots09
01-04-2007, 12:43 PM
For spring training in Tucson. Never been before and not too familiar w/ the area. Any suggestions?

Mots09
01-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Electric Park is where they play thier home games correct? Is that in the middle of city, west, or close to convetion center.
thanks

digdagdug23
01-04-2007, 06:36 PM
You ended your sentence with a preposition, SHAME ON YOU!!!!

:redneck

Steelrod
01-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Electric Park is where they play thier home games correct? Is that in the middle of city, west, or close to convetion center.
thanks
South end of Tucson.

jamokes
01-04-2007, 08:32 PM
There is a Holiday Inn about a half mile past rightfield in Tucson.

maurice
01-04-2007, 10:17 PM
TEP also is not far from the airport, which (not suprisingly) has a Courtyard and some lower priced options. If you have the $$$ and the desire to splurge, you should stay where Ozzie stays (http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/TUSSP).

C-Dawg
01-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Electric Park is where they play thier home games

And its easy to get to from I-10, the exit is Ajo Way.

I stayed at the Motel 6 on Benson Highway both times I went; its a couple miles west of the park also just off I-10.

The Rockies ballpark is also in Tucson so you might want to check it out too.

Viva Medias B's
01-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Near TEP Park around the intersection of Irvington and Palo Verde Road, there are a number of hotels including a Days Inn and a Red Roof Inn. The Holiday Inn Palo Verde referenced in this thread is further north on Palo Verde Road. There are also a Clarion further north on Alvernon (which Palo Verde becomes after the overpass). Around Tucson International Airport, there are also accommodations along the road that leads to the airport. Finally, there are several hotels in the vicinity of the University of Arizona.

For more hotel information in Tucson, try this link (http://www.visittucson.org/static/index.cfm?contentID=41&Reset=0).

Southsider101
01-09-2007, 09:54 PM
I've stayed at the Clarion Tucson Airport and the Best Western Airport. Both are on Tucson Blvd south of Tucson Electric Park. Both are affordable, serviceable motels on Tucson's south side. My impression is that the hotel prices rise as one gets closer to Mid-town (Broadway Ave) and the U of A campus.

cwsfannick
01-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Reserved rooms today at the Hampton Inn by the Airport. Pdimas, Jose, Steve our friend from Cincy and myself will be going down for the St. Paddy's day weekend. Any other WSIer's going down this weekend?

Viva Medias B's
01-10-2007, 08:15 AM
Reserved rooms today at the Hampton Inn by the Airport. Pdimas, Jose, Steve our friend from Cincy and myself will be going down for the St. Paddy's day weekend. Any other WSIer's going down this weekend?

I did St. Patrick's weekend last year, and it was a chilly one. This year, I'm going the weekend after that in an effort to seek a warmer Tucson, even though El Niņo may make it a cooler Tucson.

Mots09
01-10-2007, 02:36 PM
we are going down the 14-18th of March this year and I am geeked.

I have reservations right now at Holiday Inn Palo Verde but is there a hotell closer to stadium so we can walk to games?

Basically what's closest hotel to stadium, also any local watering holes around hotels near stadium?
thanks

Viva Medias B's
01-10-2007, 02:50 PM

I have reservations right now at Holiday Inn Palo Verde but is there a hotell closer to stadium so we can walk to games?

Basically what's closest hotel to stadium, also any local watering holes around hotels near stadium?
thanks

The Holiday Inn Palo Verde is the closest hotel to the stadium; keep your reservations there. You can walk to TEP Park from there, but it's a good 20-30 minute walk. There really are no watering holes in the area (except for the hotel bar). For those of you not familiar with the area, it's a spacious area in the midst of industrial parks.

Mots09
01-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the reply Viva!

Looking forward to just get down there in the sun.

ewokpelts
01-10-2007, 04:23 PM
If you have leftover hyatt points from soxfests past, or hilton points from this year's soxfest, I'd recommend using those for ST hotel rooms.

cwsfannick
01-10-2007, 10:11 PM

thanks

One of watering holes our group hit last year was Mahoney's I believe. Huge place made better by 2 for 1 beer night. Located down by the rest of the U of A bars.

michned
01-10-2007, 11:44 PM
There really are no watering holes in the area (except for the hotel bar). For those of you not familiar with the area, it's a spacious area in the midst of industrial parks.

Don't get me started on this subject...:mad:

Also, there is a place called Famous Sam's at the corner of Campbell and Irvington in the Safeway shopping center (several other locations around town). It is about one mile southwest of the park but a little too out of the way to walk. Overall though, a fairly nice place with pool tables and good sandwiches.

palehosepub
01-14-2007, 07:14 PM
does anyone know what hotel the Sox stay in?