PDA

View Full Version : Some "Classy" 2007 Stats

bludupree
01-04-2007, 09:06 AM
The word "class" was used within 499 posts in Sox Clubhouse alone during 2006, while "classy" was used 184 times, for a total of 683.

Is this an indication of people on this website being obsessed with social and/or economic status? Or perhaps it is another case of WSI follow the leader? One may never know.

I didn't have time to search the other areas of the website, but I'm sure there are some impressive numbers there too. Any chance at getting these 2 words banned? I didn't think so.

caulfield12
01-04-2007, 09:09 AM
The word "class" was used within 499 posts in Sox Clubhouse alone during 2007, while "class" was used 184 times, for a total of 683.

Is this an indication of people on this website being obsessed with social and/or economic status? Or perhaps it is another case of WSI follow the leader? One may never know.

I didn't have time to search the other areas of the website, but I'm sure there are some impressive numbers there too. Any chance at getting these 2 words banned? I didn't think so.

I think you need to edit your post. I think you mean "class" and "classy" are your two words searched for...

Jerko
01-04-2007, 09:12 AM
:?: 683 uses of "class" and "class" in 4 days???? That IS a lot........

And if you meant 2006, well, 538 of those were by Hangar so the total is sure to go down.......

Jerko
01-04-2007, 09:12 AM
I think you need to edit your post. I think you mean "class" and "classy" are your two words searched for...

Getting the year right would be nice too.........

bludupree
01-04-2007, 09:31 AM

Oops....was in a hurry. Thanks.

Mickster
01-04-2007, 09:45 AM
The word "class" was used within 499 posts in Sox Clubhouse alone during 2006, while "classy" was used 184 times, for a total of 683.

Classy post. :wink:

Iwritecode
01-04-2007, 09:56 AM

I just did the search for class and actually looked at the context they were used in. The first two were talking about a class at school. The third was talking flying first class.

So I must ask, what was your original point?

bludupree
01-04-2007, 10:25 AM
I just did the search for class and actually looked at the context they were used in. The first two were talking about a class at school. The third was talking flying first class.

You write code correct? Maybe you could write something to analyze the context that the word is used in. Until then I am out of ideas. The number of times "classy" is used is extreme.

UserNameBlank
01-04-2007, 10:27 AM
You write code correct? Maybe you could write something to analyze the context that the word is used in. Until then I am out of ideas. The number of times "classy" is used is extreme.

Who gives a **** anyway?

bludupree
01-04-2007, 10:29 AM

I did my search in Sox Clubhouse ofer the last year, looked at the first 10 or 15, and the majority were the in the context I was talking about.

Jjav829

Newest WSI rule: No using the word classy. :?:

Did you know the word banana was used in 121 threads in 2006? This site is way too obsessed with bananas. :rolleyes:

bludupree
Who gives a **** anyway?

I do. That is why I posted it.

Iwritecode
01-04-2007, 10:30 AM

That would be damn near impossible. Besides...

:whocares

Mickster
01-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Why is this thread even in the Sox Clubhouse?

Iwritecode
01-04-2007, 10:31 AM
Newest WSI rule: No using the word classy. :?:

Did you know the word banana was used in 121 threads in 2006? This site is way too obsessed with bananas. :rolleyes:

What about tomatoes?

soxinem1
01-04-2007, 10:32 AM
I think ****, ****, *******, ****ing, and ********** were used more than 'class' or 'classy'!!!

Jjav829
01-04-2007, 10:33 AM
What about tomatoes?

133 times. Seems a bit extreme to me...:smile:

Jerksticks
01-04-2007, 11:07 AM
tomatos was only used 29 times. nice work gents. lets keep that misspelling down.

johnr1note
01-04-2007, 11:31 AM
I'll use the words "class" or "classy" as much as I want.

Class class class class.

Classy Classy Classy Classy.

There, that should help scew the totals.

Bannana, tomato, HULABALOO!

TheVulture
01-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Just for the record, the use of "classy" has always irritated me too. Someone's a classy guy for jumping off a bridge to save a drowning baby, do you mean that a lower class person wouldn't do something like that? Get me a pitchfork, I'm ready for the class war.