PDA

View Full Version : Pinieiro to Red Sox

Flight #24
01-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Per rotoworld, 1-yr / $4M. Nice pickup for them. It says they want him to be a closer, but I'd have loved for the Sox to take a shot on him as a middle reliever at that price, add in the standard KW team option, and have a lottery ticket to "fix" him and return him to his early-career strong starting potential.

FedEx227
01-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Joel Pinieiro as a closer.... :o: :whiner:

palehozenychicty
01-04-2007, 01:59 PM

What he said...

Fenway
01-04-2007, 04:48 PM

the mood in Boston
:whiner: :whiner: :angry: :(: :o: :whiner:

caulfield12
01-04-2007, 05:13 PM
I don't think it's a bad move at all, especially any pitching contract under $4 million. It could be they end up with Pineiro as a #5 and move Papelbon back to the pen, but he's very good insurance for a Schilling or Wakefield breaking down.

Is Timlin, Hansen or DelCarmen the favorite for closer at this point?

Fenway
01-04-2007, 05:44 PM
I don't think it's a bad move at all, especially any pitching contract under $4 million. It could be they end up with Pineiro as a #5 and move Papelbon back to the pen, but he's very good insurance for a Schilling or Wakefield breaking down.

Is Timlin, Hansen or DelCarmen the favorite for closer at this point?

The indications are Hansen by the All Star break

caulfield12
01-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Different Red Sox subject, but why did they let Loretta go so easily?

Is Pedroia really seen as a sure-fire solution...or do you consider him a big risk to start the season, like the White Sox with Brian Anderson last year?

Will Epstein last the season? Seems like he's sticking his final "life" out on the line with the Dice-K and Drew signings....what's the latest with JD scuttlebutt?