i dont know i am new to this sorry

where should i have put it

Domeshot17
01-02-2007, 10:35 PM
quick run down for you

Sox direct related news and polls in the clubhouse

News from the other mlb teams (signings trades retirements) in talking baseball

Rumors and Cubs crap goes in whats the score

The parking lot is for everything else, basketball football news world events discussions about peanut butter etc. (not politics and religion however)

letsgosox15
01-02-2007, 10:35 PM
oo ok thanks

23Ventura
01-02-2007, 10:37 PM
I went with over. They got 90 last year, and I expect the bullpen to be much stronger this year. I also think that Buehrle is going to bounce back after his horrible second half. Call me crazy, but I really expect them to win the division.

letsgosox15
01-02-2007, 10:39 PM
im hoping there favored for like third again just like 2005 so they come out with a chip on their shoulder and play ozzie ball once again and prove everyone wrong again

QCIASOXFAN
01-02-2007, 10:59 PM
I voted C, trades are still going and we still have about 3 months until the season starts. I will make my prediction in mid March.

letsgosox15
01-02-2007, 11:04 PM
say nothing more happens in the offseason what would u say over or under

A. Cavatica
01-02-2007, 11:09 PM
I hate to be a pessimist, but unless/until some more moves are made, I have to go with under. The rotation's worse, we have no leadoff hitter, we're due to experience some significant injuries, and the new live arms in the bullpen are wild ones.

letsgosox15
01-02-2007, 11:16 PM
i put under also because of the same reasons yes they have a lot of potential and upside but the upside isnt for this year, its for 2007 and many years after that. people say we upgraded the bullpen i think we made it about the same. sisco had not that good of numbers comparable to cotts. and who ever takes McCarthy's spot in the bullpen well struggle also most likely so i think its even. in the rotation we lost a potential 15 game winner and we lost the pitcher who everyone thought would be the # 1 or 2 starter that wins us 15 + games a year. our rotation went from deep 6 to top 4 with every 5th game toss up. also for hitting everyone got a year older. cant expect dye and thome to put up those #'s again. struggling leadoff hitter, aging 2nd basemen, out of shape shortstop, good third basemen, struggling center fielder, aging right fielder, DH, Catcher, adn 1B

letsgosox15
01-02-2007, 11:18 PM
wow i need to work on my spelling:D:

spiffie
01-02-2007, 11:50 PM
You have the best lineup in baseball + the best rotation in baseball + the best bullpen in baseball. Minimum 102 wins next year.

crazyozzie02
01-02-2007, 11:58 PM
i really dont know when it comes to this. i think that it all rests on who the 5th starter is going to be. Our offense should be good, if not better (depending on anderson and uribe), the bullepen should be inproved, but the big question mark is whos gonna take the ball every fifth day. so when it all comes down to it, im gonna have to go with c.

letsgosox15
01-03-2007, 03:03 AM
i really dont say you can say the sox bullpen got better do u call sisco a improvment over cotts? how bout who takes over for McCarthy (Floyd/Haeger)? Who takes over for Riske? Jenks is out of shape and doesnt have the velocity that we all loved in 2005. You cant expect Thorton to put up the #'s he did again last year. McDougal is very wild and inconsistent so u never know what you will get from him.

crazyozzie02
01-03-2007, 03:21 AM
i really dont say you can say the sox bullpen got better do u call sisco a improvment over cotts? how bout who takes over for McCarthy (Floyd/Haeger)? Who takes over for Riske? Jenks is out of shape and doesnt have the velocity that we all loved in 2005. You cant expect Thorton to put up the #'s he did again last year. McDougal is very wild and inconsistent so u never know what you will get from him.

I beg to differ on this one. If i can remember right, Mike was one of the more consistant pitchers in the pen after we traded for him. As for Jenks, he was awesome last year and is working out with Thome in the offseason to get back into shape. I almost crapped my pants everytime cotts came in because their was at least a 75% chance of a run coming in, and Sisco has a lot of potential, so i will take him over cotts. I think it breaks down to this:

Jenks-->No Replacement (Great Closer)
McDougal-->No Replacement (Good Mid/Set-up man)
Thorton-->No Replacement (Great Set-up man)
Cotts-->Sisco (Will Be Better than cotts)
Riske-->Wasnt that good
McCarthy--> Floyd/Haeger (depending on who gets the starting job, i think that could both be good in this roll)

AuroraSoxFan
01-03-2007, 08:35 AM
I went with over. They won 90 in 06 despite blowing so many games. Some hitters will likely have a dropoff in numbers (Dye, Thome). Great players but those numbers are hard to repeat. However, the upside of Anderson should help offset that. Pods and Uribe should get on base more as well. Pen should be upgraded. Buerhle, Javy, and Contreras should all have better years as well. Long as they get a fairly reliable #5 guy in place I can't see then winning less than 90 games.

ondafarm
01-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Over as in close to 100 wins and another world championship.

White Sox Randy
01-03-2007, 09:33 AM
I say over 90.

Ofcourse Kenny will still make a change or two.

As of today, I say the lineup should be the same level as last year - one of the highest scoring in the game. Maybe a slight dropoff for the trio of Dye, Konerko and Thome. Offset by the probable improvement by Crede, Uribe and Anderson. Also, Toby Hall helps the offense.

And, the Sox have been VERY lucky to avoid injuries and we'll assume that this continues.

The rotation is probably the same unless they open with Floyd and he totally flops. Haeger would probably fill in fine in the fifth spot. What if the Sox move Buehrle at the deadline ? This could be the biggest ? on the team. What if we finish the season with 2 of Floyd, Haeger, Danks, Broadway or Gio in the rotation ?

The bullpen looks much improved now. Don't forget that we didn't have MacDougal for most of last year and Thornton took a while to figure things out. I think our pen will be good from the start this year and it will make a big difference.

As far as the division goes, the Twins should be down, Cleveland up and K.C. up. Detroit should be about the same. I say that the Sox battle it out with Detroit for the title.

I can't predict who will win at this point but I think the Sox will win 90-94 games.

veeter
01-03-2007, 09:40 AM
I voted the off-season.... category. I think they'll win 90+, after Kenny's done with his moves.

letsgosox15
01-03-2007, 10:28 AM
i believe the sox will win 87-94 games this year and end up in the wild card. i just see the Tigers with too much potential right now. they picked upped and aging GAry Sheffield but that could come up big in the summers. He will be playing DH so he should be able to stay healthy. there pitching is young and very good. unless they get injured i see all 5 of their starters winning at least 12-13 wins each. As for their lineup it stayed about the same. they got a lot of upside but the sox will still dominate them when they play each other like always.:D:

bryPt
01-03-2007, 11:46 AM
96 Wins, win division by 3 games. KW has 2 big moves left in him before ST, one being a big play that pushes the team into the favorite as WS champs and they back it up.

flo-B-flo
01-03-2007, 01:00 PM
They will win 90-95. Win the division. And beat the NL pretender for the Series. Off season is boldly wishing time over here.

mccoydp
01-03-2007, 01:07 PM
At least 90 games. The improved bullpen will certainly ease that.

As many other posters have mentioned, I also don't think that Kenny is done wheeling-and-dealing yet. Something significant is coming, I believe...

JB98
01-03-2007, 01:53 PM

Man, I'm glad this guy got banned. Cotts, McCarthy and Riske ranged from inconsistent to horrible last year. Only a fool would find those three guys difficult to replace.

I don't know if Jenks is out of shape. I haven't seen Bobby in awhile, although I've read the Sox training staff is taking steps to keep him in shape this offseason. I think Thornton will duplicate his success from last year, and MacDougal has always been a good relief pitcher when healthy. He was solid for us down the stretch last year.

I voted over 90. I think we'll be in that neighborhood, so I'll stay on the optimistic side. I won't make any official predictions about won-loss records until March. KW may not be done yet. If he makes another move, it remains to be seen whether that will increase or decrease my optimism for the season.

Bob G
01-03-2007, 02:07 PM
(From another thread)

My predictions for our '07 pitching staff assuming no further trades:

MB: 12 --> 17 Rebound year for Mark
JC: 13 --> 16 If Jose stays healthy
JG: 18 --> 18 Our most consistent SP
JV: 11 -->12 Has good enough stuff for at least 12 W's
#5: -----> 12 Not sure who this will be yet-BM was probably good for 12W's
FG: 17 --> 0 Will probably win 20 in the NL
Bullpen: 19 --> 20 Should be better than last year

Total: 90 --> 95 might be just enough for the postseason