PDA

View Full Version : Chicago patch???

lths06
01-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Does anyone know if the Sox will sport the city of Chicago patch on their jerseys next year? I remember they were thinking about doing it last season...

esbrechtel
01-02-2007, 06:28 PM
i sure hope so that would be so awesome

Parrothead
01-02-2007, 08:41 PM
:whocares

Foulke You
01-02-2007, 08:44 PM
As far as I know, there have been no announcements of a Chicago flag patch. It has been suggested on numerous WSI uniform threads in the past but to my knowledge, the Sox themselves have never entertained the idea as cool as it would be.

ewokpelts
01-02-2007, 11:40 PM
i wrote brooks about it in 2005(before the season started)...he had mentione dthat it was a good idea, and "maybe" in 06.....but when 06 rolled along, there was a better patch option...world champions

ShoelessJoeS
01-02-2007, 11:47 PM
i sure hope so that would be so awesomeI agree. Though not as cool as the World Champs patch of last year (duh), it would still be awesome.

letsgosox15
01-02-2007, 11:48 PM
it would be nice to have that on the jerseys

the gooch
01-03-2007, 08:24 AM
why do the silver and black need red, white, and blue?
uniforms are busy enough as it is.
out-of-town folk will ask why the Samoan, Cuban, or [insert country here] flag is on the white sox uniforms.

itsnotrequired
01-03-2007, 08:32 AM
out-of-town folk will ask why the Samoan, Cuban, or [insert country here] flag is on the white sox uniforms.

How would this be any different than teams that put numbers or initials on their uniforms to honor a former player, team official, etc.? I think it would be neat to have a small patch on the sleeve but am pretty indifferent. If the Sox do it, fine but if not, that's fine too. Out-of-towners can go and try to figure out what it means or they can sit in the dark.

the gooch
01-03-2007, 09:08 AM
How would this be any different than teams that put numbers or initials on their uniforms to honor a former player, team official, etc.? I think it would be neat to have a small patch on the sleeve but am pretty indifferent. If the Sox do it, fine but if not, that's fine too. Out-of-towners can go and try to figure out what it means or they can sit in the dark.
I couldn't care less about those that wouldn't know either, but why add red and blue to silver and black? I like the sock-in-a-diamond logo on the sleeve because it's simple and is the right color.

itsnotrequired
01-03-2007, 09:11 AM
I couldn't care less about those that wouldn't know either, but why add red and blue to silver and black? I like the sock-in-a-diamond logo on the sleeve because it's simple and is the right color.

I don't think anyone was suggesting removing any Sox logos. If there are concerns over the colors, the Sox could make the Chicago flag silver and black, similar to what they did with the MLB logo that is on the uniforms. Personally, I wouldn't mind the true colors.

batmanZoSo
01-03-2007, 09:24 AM
I don't think anyone was suggesting removing any Sox logos. If there are concerns over the colors, the Sox could make the Chicago flag silver and black, similar to what they did with the MLB logo that is on the uniforms. Personally, I wouldn't mind the true colors.

Each element of the Chicago flag has meaningful symbolism If they're going to put the flag on the uniform, it wouldn't be right to change the colors to match the insignia.

I'm pretty in favor of the flag being added to the jersey. That would be very cool. Texas does it with their state flag, but theirs has the same colors as the Ranger uniform. I think it would add a nice touch. I mean silver and black are not intrinsically White Sox. I would guess that this franchise has donned either blue, red or both much more often than black throughout history.

itsnotrequired
01-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Each element of the Chicago flag has meaningful symbolism If they're going to put the flag on the uniform, it wouldn't be right to change the colors to match the insignia.

I'm pretty in favor of the flag being added to the jersey. That would be very cool. Texas does it with their state flag, but theirs has the same colors as the Ranger uniform. I think it would add a nice touch. I mean silver and black are not intrinsically White Sox. I would guess that this franchise has donned either blue, red or both much more often than black throughout history.

True, the flag has symbolism but I would say the shapes and their orientation are more symbolic than the actual colors. I'm with you though and would like to see the real flag but in this case, making it silver and black wouldn't look that bad.

I mean, which would look worse, the flag with the same layout and different colors or the flag with the correct colors but with hearts, horsehoes, moons and rainbows?:redneck

the gooch
01-03-2007, 09:44 AM
True, the flag has symbolism but I would say the shapes and their orientation are more symbolic than the actual colors. I'm with you though and would like to see the real flag but in this case, making it silver and black wouldn't look that bad.

I mean, which would look worse, the flag with the same layout and different colors or the flag with the correct colors but with hearts, horsehoes, moons and rainbows?:redneck
Cubune:
"The Chicago Lucky-Charms once again find the horseshoe is not only found in their sleeve when they eek out a 14-3 win over the Minnesota 34's."

itsnotrequired
01-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Cubune:
"The Chicago Lucky-Charms once again find the horseshoe is not only found in their sleeve when they eek out a 14-3 win over the Minnesota 34's."

See, now this is funny. Glad to see you got the Lucky Charms reference.

:thumbsup:

ewokpelts
01-03-2007, 05:14 PM
that's on the road jersey

I want Mags back
01-03-2007, 11:27 PM
I say no, unless they make the stripes black and the stars silver

chisoxfanatic
01-03-2007, 11:33 PM
I'd say that I like this idea, especially since the Sox ARE Chicago's team!

oeo
01-03-2007, 11:45 PM
I say no, unless they make the stripes black and the stars silver

No offense, but what's the point of that? If you're going to change the colors and put your own variation of the flag on there, why not just leave it off? Silver and black does not equal the Chicago flag which equals no point.

VenturaIsAGod
01-04-2007, 03:07 AM
I think we can all agree the patch would look good on some red, white, and blue throwbacks, in case the team wants to bring those back for a game or two. I know a lot of people hate those uniforms, but I'd personally like to see it.

ewokpelts
01-04-2007, 09:44 AM
I think we can all agree the patch would look good on some red, white, and blue throwbacks, in case the team wants to bring those back for a game or two. I know a lot of people hate those uniforms, but I'd personally like to see it.then it WONT be a throwback