PDA

View Full Version : Pedro Martinez update

SouthSide_HitMen
01-02-2007, 02:57 AM
Didn't see this (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061230&content_id=1768499&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb) anywhere. The Mets are hoping for a post All Star Game return (July / early August). He has gained 10 pounds of muscle during his rehab (hopefully legitimately). The Mets can hang in there until August in that division and hopefully Pedro can be a difference maker come October.

Martinez told the AP his "progress has been excellent" and that he has no "problems anymore with my reach or flexibility. And so far, everything is going well."

He was excellent to start the season. Pedro's $54 mil / 4 year deal seemed huge at the time but compared to some of this off season's deals it seems reasonable, even after considering the health risks.

Ted Lilly 4 years, $40 mil
Daisuke Matsuzaka 6 years, $52 mil (plus $8 mil in escalator clauses + the $50 mil signing fee)
Gil Meche 5 years, $55 mil
Vicente Padilla 3 years, $33.75 mil
Jason Schmidt 3 years, $47 mil
Jeff Suppan 4 years, $42 mil

FedEx227
01-02-2007, 02:59 AM
He makes relatively the same amount of money as Gil Meche... man that makes sense.

balke
01-02-2007, 03:01 AM
Didn't see this (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061230&content_id=1768499&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb) anywhere. The Mets are hoping for a post All Star Game return (July / early August). He has gained 10 pounds of muscle during his rehab (hopefully legitimately). The Mets can hang in there until August in that division and hopefully Pedro can be a difference maker come October.

Martinez told the AP his "progress has been excellent" and that he has no "problems anymore with my reach or flexibility. And so far, everything is going well."

He was excellent to start the season. Pedro's $54 mil / 4 year deal seemed huge at the time but compared to some of this off season's deals it seems reasonable, even after considering the health risks.
Ted Lilly 4 years, $40 mil
Daisuke Matsuzaka 6 years, $52 mil (plus $8 mil in escalator clauses + the $50 mil signing fee)
Gil Meche 5 years, $55 mil
Vicente Padilla 3 years, $33.75 mil
Jason Schmidt 3 years, $47 mil
Jeff Suppan 4 years, $42 mil

He's paid his worth. When healthy all he does is win. I'd like to see him pitch game 1 in the World Series for the Mets next season.

FedEx227
01-02-2007, 03:02 AM
He's paid his worth. When healthy all he does is win. I'd like to see him pitch game 1 in the World Series for the Mets next season.

I don't think he's going to be traded to the Brewers.