PDA

View Full Version : Mulder?

letsgosox15
01-01-2007, 01:48 PM
i dont know about any of you guys but i wouldnt mind having Mulder in a sox uniform. i really liked him when he was healthy and i think we could get him cheap because of his injuries. i know that he said that its done to 3 teams and the sox aren't one of them, but i am wondering if you guys would like Mulder if he could stay healthy?

sox1970
01-01-2007, 02:03 PM
i dont know about any of you guys but i wouldnt mind having Mulder in a sox uniform. i really liked him when he was healthy and i think we could get him cheap because of his injuries. i know that he said that its done to 3 teams and the sox aren't one of them, but i am wondering if you guys would like Mulder if he could stay healthy?

Who wouldn't?

letsgosox15
01-01-2007, 02:04 PM
who would u rather have mulder or buehrle

eastchicagosoxfan
01-01-2007, 02:06 PM
What's his long tem prognosis, and what's he recovering from? The Sox have 6-8 AA-Rookies to fill the fifth spot. Would Mulder consider a role in a pen? The Sox have done very well with reclamation projects, Kevin Tapani comes to mind, but I think youth will be served.

sox1970
01-01-2007, 02:08 PM
who would u rather have mulder or buehrle

I want the Sox to keep Buehrle as long as he bounces back to form in 2007. I'm hoping last year was a wakeup call for him to get in better shape. The Sox desperately need him to be a 16-18 game winner.

As for 2007, I'd rather have Buehrle and take my chances. They drafted him. He won a World Series here. You gotta stay with him for 2007.

Garland_IS_God
01-01-2007, 02:11 PM
I would love to have him on the team. Im biased though. A friend of mine is cousins with Mulder and I just want him to sign so we could get free tix every once in a while. :tongue:

letsgosox15
01-01-2007, 02:15 PM
i too would rather have buehrle than mulder because one buehrle is a proven 13-18 game winner (except for last year) and 2 i am pretty sure buehrle is younger than mulder

jabrch
01-01-2007, 02:29 PM
I can't see us spending the money on him given the uncertainty of his near future.

oeo
01-01-2007, 02:45 PM
I can't see us spending the money on him given the uncertainty of his near future.

I don't see him getting a ton of money because of that uncertainty from anyone...unless it has incentives. He's from the area, so he may be more willing to come here; if he's healthy, scoop him up. This is exactly the kind of high-risk, high-reward guy that Kenny goes after.

jabrch
01-01-2007, 02:59 PM
I don't see him getting a ton of money because of that uncertainty from anyone...unless it has incentives. He's from the area, so he may be more willing to come here; if he's healthy, scoop him up. This is exactly the kind of high-risk, high-reward guy that Kenny goes after.

Has Kenny ever signed a guy who we knew wouldn't be able to pitch until about the all-star break?

I can't think of any.

I'd personally pass on Mulder - but I wouldn't be unhappy if we signed him assuming the price was right.

Foulke You
01-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Has Kenny ever signed a guy who we knew wouldn't be able to pitch until about the all-star break?
Wow, I hadn't realized Mulder was going to be gone for so long. Has it been determined exactly what type of injury he is suffering from? Is it the labrum or rotator cuff? It's too bad because Mulder was a heck of a pitcher before he got hurt last year.

SouthSideLove
01-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Traditional common sense would say to stick with Buehrle, and take a pas on Mulder. Again, the injuries scare me. Since the "big three" from the A's a few years back were broken up, Hudson and Mulder have not been themselves for quite some time (both battling injuries as well). I'm not going to buy into superstition, but I think those guys would have thrived if they had originally signed to a team in the West.

Bottom line, Buehrle is a South Side hero here with the Sox, and he has all the makings of becoming our true long-term franchise ace. When it's all said and done, you may see number 56 retired on the center field wall alongside Ted Lyons and Billy Pierce. Buehrle is a MUST, and Mulder is a BUST.

LauraJ14
01-01-2007, 05:47 PM
i too would rather have buehrle than mulder because one buehrle is a proven 13-18 game winner (except for last year) and 2 i am pretty sure buehrle is younger than mulder

Mulder Career 103-57 with 4.11 ERA
Mulder is 29
Mulder averaged 17.5 wins from 2001 to 2005.

Buehrle Career 97-66 with 3.38 ERA
Buehrle is 27
Buehrle averaged 16 wins from 2001-2005.

jabrch
01-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Wow, I hadn't realized Mulder was going to be gone for so long. Has it been determined exactly what type of injury he is suffering from? Is it the labrum or rotator cuff? It's too bad because Mulder was a heck of a pitcher before he got hurt last year.

Rotator cuff. Estimates are that he's back about June 1, if things go as planned. He has a couple of offers of guaranteed money on the table.

jabrch
01-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Mulder Career 103-57 with 4.11 ERA
Mulder is 29
Mulder averaged 17.5 wins from 2001 to 2005.

Buehrle Career 97-66 with 3.38 ERA
Buehrle is 27
Buehrle averaged 16 wins from 2001-2005.

Mulder also threw in the most pitcher friendly AL park, while Mark has thrown in a hitter friendly park.

kittle42
01-01-2007, 06:04 PM
I think the Sox should get Mulder. Fox Mulder.

01-01-2007, 09:30 PM
I put up this option back in the summer of 2006. I was told by 99% of the responses to go to hell. If you don't believe me ,trace my posts. For anyone agreeing to this post, I got grilled, surprise, for what I thought was a well put post.

itsnotrequired
01-01-2007, 09:49 PM
I put up this option back in the summer of 2006. I was told by 99% of the responses to go to hell. If you don't believe me ,trace my posts. For anyone agreeing to this post, I got grilled, surprise, for what I thought was a well put post.

You want a cookie or something?:redneck

You proposed the trade "just for fun" and one of the reasons was that Buehrle is a Cards fan and Mulder is a Sox fan. How did you expect people to react?

01-02-2007, 09:48 AM
You want a cookie or something?:redneck

You proposed the trade "just for fun" and one of the reasons was that Buehrle is a Cards fan and Mulder is a Sox fan. How did you expect people to react?

Chocolate Chip please!

I also put down that they are both lefty, similar W-L records, 2004 and the 2005 AL All Star starters, most of the responses were that Mulder was worthless.

itsnotrequired
01-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Chocolate Chip please!

I also put done that they are both lefty, similar W-L records, 2004 and the 2005 AL All Star starters, most of the responses were that Mulder was worthless.

The responses weren't so much that Mulder was "worthless" but if given the choice between Buehrle and Mulder, most everyone would take Buehrle. Buehrle is younger, had been pitching better, had a better contract status, etc. It seemed like the trade that was suggested just for the sake of making a trade. That can be fun to discuss but is pretty pointless, IMO.

Considering Mulder has been in decline, is coming off of rotator surgery, won't be available until June and is rumored to be offered guaranteed money by Texas, I don't see the point in the Sox going after him, especially at the dollars that are rumored ($12 million, 2 year deal).

JayBeast
01-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Funny, me and my buddy were just talking about what a nice bargin he (Mulder) could be if you were to bring him into the line-up by summer...
The other person we discussed was Darin Erstad, I think he is born to play for Ozzie.

White Sox Randy
01-03-2007, 10:58 AM
The other person we discussed was Darin Erstad, I think he is born to play for Ozzie.

Then, I wish he was born about 5 years later.

caulfield12
01-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Then, I wish he was born about 5 years later.

I can't even begin to list the players the Sox have taken on as part of "reclamation" projects 2-3 years TOO late over the past couple of decades.

OTOH, I would prefer Erstad (if only 80% healthy) to Sweeney, Owens, Terrero or Mackowiak playing CF full-time this year.