PDA

View Full Version : Chances are.....

Shoeless_Jim
12-31-2006, 11:18 AM
I have been thinking about Joe Crede and his agent Scott Boris and my guess is that Joe will sign a 1 year deal with the sox and then, depending on how good of a year he has, he will sign a multi million dollar deal with some rich team. And Boris, as you all know got Zito a huge undeserved deal recently, and i dont think the so will be able to afford Crede after this year. :o: :(: :whiner:

Someone please prove me wrong!!

DumpJerry
12-31-2006, 11:21 AM
Crede has said many times that he wants to stay with the Sox and if his representative, Scott Boras (a/k/a Borass), does not agree, he'll change agents. Maybe Mr. Boris will be available.....

Shoeless_Jim
12-31-2006, 11:24 AM
my bad....im not a good speller ...i hope that you are right.

UserNameBlank
12-31-2006, 11:25 AM
IMO, a lot of the Crede talk will depend on how Pods plays this year. Seriously. A crappy Pods could mean Fields in LF, and a nice showing by Fields in LF puts Crede on the block. A fall from contention by the deadline also does the same.

No matter what, Spring Training should be really fun to watch this year. Besides the battle for the fifth spot, there will be battles for the bullpen and guys like Owens, Sweeney, and Fields are all going to try and show they are ready to play in the big leagues. Could a monster ST put Fields or Sweeney on the opening day roster this year?

DumpJerry
12-31-2006, 11:27 AM
my bad....im not a good speller ...i hope that you are right.
I hope so, too. Normally, the client is the boss. But when it comes to Borass, I think he takes over when he tells a 28 year old kid he can get him a contract that will pay him more than the salaries of all of his high school classmates, teachers and administrators combined if he (the kid) just "leaves it up to me."

How many 28 year olds would say no to that?

Jjav829
12-31-2006, 11:27 AM
I have been thinking about Joe Crede and his agent Scott Boris and my guess is that Joe will sign a 1 year deal with the sox and then, depending on how good of a year he has, he will sign a multi million dollar deal with some rich team. And Boris, as you all know got Zito a huge undeserved deal recently, and i dont think the so will be able to afford Crede after this year. :o: :(: :whiner:

Someone please prove me wrong!!

I can prove you wrong pretty easily...

Joe Crede isn't a free agent until after 2008.

DumpJerry
12-31-2006, 11:28 AM
IMO, a lot of the Crede talk will depend on how Pods plays this year. Seriously. A crappy Pods could mean Fields in LF, and a nice showing by Fields in LF puts Crede on the block. A fall from contention by the deadline also does the same.
Who would play Third???????

RKMeibalane
12-31-2006, 11:43 AM

Why, Pablo, of course! :cool:

UserNameBlank
12-31-2006, 11:44 AM

I say that because Fields is a 3B who would only be playing the OF because he is blocked by Crede. No Crede means he wouldn't be blocked anymore. I wouldn't think the Sox would necessarily want to trade Joe, but he's already been rumored around two deals this offseason and the Sox don't like Boras, so add that to the injury concerns, the dollar concerns, and the fact that Fields is nearly ready and I think he is at least going to be shopped.

esbrechtel
12-31-2006, 11:45 AM
a bad year by pods would not put fields in LF...i think sweeney would end up out there, how does that put crede on the block? i really dont see fields living up to the hype

UserNameBlank
12-31-2006, 11:47 AM
a bad year by pods would not put fields in LF...i think sweeney would end up out there, how does that put crede on the block? i really dont see fields living up to the hype

Sweeney hasn't shown power in the minors while Fields has. I think Ozzie may like Sweeney more since he always talks about him, but Fields might be closer at this point. I doubt Ryan will be rushed to play if the Sox don't think he is totally ready.

thomas35forever
12-31-2006, 01:53 PM
I can prove you wrong pretty easily...

Joe Crede isn't a free agent until after 2008.
Good job, Jjav.:cool:

broker3d
12-31-2006, 01:57 PM
I just hope that Crede takes a page out of Ryan Howard's book---and changes agents. Because as long as Boras is his agent, he will not re-sign with the White Sox after 2008.

munchman33
12-31-2006, 02:17 PM
I don't see any logical scenerio that keeps Joe Crede here past his arbitration eligibility. What's a reasonable price for the Sox to pay Joe in this current market? 18-20 million a year? Gimme a break. Kenny isn't that stupid.

broker3d
12-31-2006, 02:22 PM
In today's market (excluding a Scott Boras connection) Crede is about a $13-15 million guy.

DumpJerry
12-31-2006, 02:26 PM
I don't see any logical scenerio that keeps Joe Crede here past his arbitration eligibility. What's a reasonable price for the Sox to pay Joe in this current market? 18-20 million a year? Gimme a break. Kenny isn't that stupid.
The Sox offered Crede arbitration about two weeks ago.

Where's the love for Owens? All I see is Sweeney on this thread. I saw some real good leather from Fields at Third during the final series in Minnesota on that **** field they have which is a nightmare for infielders.

itsnotrequired
12-31-2006, 02:35 PM

Where's the love for Owens? All I see is Sweeney on this thread. I saw some real good leather from Fields at Third during the final series in Minnesota on that **** field they have which is a nightmare for infielders.

I thought they couldn't offer arbitration until January 4th.

munchman33
12-31-2006, 02:44 PM

I said past his arbitration eligibility. As in after 2008.

ChiSoxFan7
12-31-2006, 05:44 PM
if two of the combined happens

A)one of the OF/3B trio in the minors does well
B)sox fall from contention early (tho i personally don't think sthey will)
C)KW get's an offer he can't refuse
d) crede's back keeps flaring up

crede will go

otherwise i think we have a GG/clutch 3B, because just like PK the sox will see the talent and offer a deal that will be "fair".

Steelrod
12-31-2006, 06:58 PM
Crede has said many times that he wants to stay with the Sox and if his representative, Scott Boras (a/k/a Borass), does not agree, he'll change agents. Maybe Mr. Boris will be available.....
Thats what all his clients say. Remember Maggs?
The proof will be in the pudding. At his agents advice, no surgery, hence no long term Sox contract.
Say it isn't so, Joe!

Domeshot17
01-01-2007, 01:03 AM
I was talking about this with a good friend of mine the other day and he said something that made sense. Crede has all the power here. Crede is the one who is going to choose surgery or no surgery. He is the one who can either have another good season or a mediorce one. And, most importantly, he is the one who signs the dotted line. Boras can tell him all he wants to leave, but Crede chooses his team.

Crede may be worth 40-45 mil over 4-5 years with an option, but thats it. I love Joe, but he isnt a top 3 hitter on the team, and if he isnt a 3-4-5 hitter, he shouldnt get more then 12 per (unless its the Yankees or Red Sox). Crede and his numbers probably aren't even worth 10 per even with his D figured in, but I could settle on 10 per.

Joe has really become a rising star, even though most rising stars do it in their early 20s and not late. However, the question is, will he become the kind the buys into his own hype, and goes out and signs with a team throwing him 14 per for 5 years, or stay the kind that buys into the team, and takes a fair, hometown deal?

jabrch
01-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Crede may be worth 40-45 mil over 4-5 years with an option, but thats it.

The market will say Joe is worth more than that.

Aramis Ramirez just got 5/75. I'm not sure how Joe doesn't get the same sort of money.

Domeshot17
01-01-2007, 01:49 AM
I would take Joe over Aramis ANY DAY OF THE YEAR

However

Aramis got paid because he hits home runs. They don't come when they matter, and he has hands of stone, but he is a high 30 home run hitter who drives in 100+ runs and hits over .300 and is around those numbers consistently. Joe just had his first SOLID season. Joe may be clutch, and he may be gods gift of a defensive 3B, but in an idiots market, money is based on offense, and Joe just isn't the offensive player Aramis is. I would rather spend that kind of money on Buehlre then I would on Joe personally.

munchman33
01-01-2007, 04:16 AM
I would take Joe over Aramis ANY DAY OF THE YEAR

However

Aramis got paid because he hits home runs. They don't come when they matter, and he has hands of stone, but he is a high 30 home run hitter who drives in 100+ runs and hits over .300 and is around those numbers consistently. Joe just had his first SOLID season. Joe may be clutch, and he may be gods gift of a defensive 3B, but in an idiots market, money is based on offense, and Joe just isn't the offensive player Aramis is. I would rather spend that kind of money on Buehlre then I would on Joe personally.

When Joe hits the market, he will be the second biggest bat on the market, right after Miguel Cabrera.

This year, Carlos Lee got $18 million a year being the second best offensive talent. And none of it was actually based on his actual ability. There simply weren't better options, and the team spending the most wins out. Joe will easily surpass what he's actually worth, possibly by twice as much.

soxinem1
01-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Crede has said many times that he wants to stay with the Sox and if his representative, Scott Boras (a/k/a Borass), does not agree, he'll change agents

Players hire Boras to get them the maximum deal, not because he is a nice guy. We can call him all the names we want, the jerk gets the deals for his clients from someone.

In all honesty, I think the countdown to Crede's departure is imminent. If his 2007 and 2008 stats are like his 2006 season, he will cost too much to keep, and he is outta here. STL, among others, will jump all over him. If he returns to pre-July 2005 form, the White Sox will pull a Ventura on him and let him go. If his back becomes an issue, no one will gamble with a huge contract on him.

And let's not forget the slim but always possible senario that sees the Sox fall out of a pennant race sometime during the next couple seasons. Crede will be among the first to go if that happens.