PDA

View Full Version : Sox new top 10 minor leaguers

CashMan
12-30-2006, 02:00 PM
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/askba/263050.html

ondafarm
12-30-2006, 11:27 PM
So they list the new Sox top ten as:

1. Ryan Sweeney, of2. Josh Fields, 3b3. John Danks, lhp4. Gio Gonzalez, lhp5. Lance Broadway, rhp6. Kyle McCulloch, rhp7. Charlie Haeger, rhp8. Nick Masset, rhp9. Aaron Cunningham, of10. Adam Russell, rhp

If Haeger is down at #7 and they aren't even listing Floyd and Sisco then I like this list, a lot.

rdivaldi
12-30-2006, 11:45 PM
and they aren't even listing Floyd and Sisco then I like this list, a lot.

Floyd and Sisco have too many major league innings to qualify for BAs prospect rankings.

I'm surprised Jim "Cubbie" Callis actually took the time to answer a White Sox question. Guess he was forced to..

Tragg
12-31-2006, 09:46 AM
Just looking at that draft list on the BA link reminds me of how overwhelming all of those supplemental choices are. I didn't realize you actually lost a choice for signing a FA...I thought you just gained one if you lost a FA. I guess I haven't been paying attention.

Chad Bradford and Alan Embree are giving teams an extra top 60 pick ...something players of this caliber would NEVER net in, say, a trade (if draft choices were tradeable). Hard to believe that all of these players offered arbitration by their prior clubs (or do I have my rules confused?).

beck72
12-31-2006, 11:03 AM
It is amazing that Broadway and Haeger are the same age [23]. And yet even though Haeger has dominated AAA, he finds himself behind Broadway, who has only thrown in AA. One yr difference in levels is a lot.

UserNameBlank
12-31-2006, 11:13 AM
Just looking at that draft list on the BA link reminds me of how overwhelming all of those supplemental choices are. I didn't realize you actually lost a choice for signing a FA...I thought you just gained one if you lost a FA. I guess I haven't been paying attention.

Chad Bradford and Alan Embree are giving teams an extra top 60 pick ...something players of this caliber would NEVER net in, say, a trade (if draft choices were tradeable). Hard to believe that all of these players offered arbitration by their prior clubs (or do I have my rules confused?).

Tell me about it. I think I counted 5 draft picks for the Rangers in the first round and supplemental round combined. And they lost who, Carlos Lee and Gary Matthews? I saw there was a high pick for DeRosa, too. Come on already.

Daver
12-31-2006, 11:23 AM
It is amazing that Broadway and Haeger are the same age [23]. And yet even though Haeger has dominated AAA, he finds himself behind Broadway, who has only thrown in AA. One yr difference in levels is a lot.

Not really.

Quite a few players never play in AAA, many beleive that the competetion is better at AA, because AAA rosters have a lot of guys that will never make it to the majors.

the gooch
01-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Not really.

Quite a few players never play in AAA, many beleive that the competetion is better at AA, because AAA rosters have a lot of guys that will never make it to the majors.
That reminds me of the time Buehrle was trashing Cub fans for being stupid.

During the Crosstown Series someone yelled to him: "Go back to Triple-A."
MB's response: "I never was in Triple-A."

UserNameBlank
01-02-2007, 09:40 AM
That reminds me of the time Buehrle was trashing Cub fans for being stupid.

During the Crosstown Series someone yelled to him: "Go back to Triple-A."
MB's response: "I never was in Triple-A."

He should have said "I already am. Look who were playing against."

kwkonsl
01-03-2007, 02:08 PM
He should have said "I already am. Look who were playing against."

:rolling: That would have been great.