PDA

View Full Version : Kip Wells knocked around today

Jerry_Manuel
03-10-2002, 03:57 PM
Today against Tampa Bay:

2 1/3 Innings, 7 Hits, 5 Runs all earned, 0 Walks, 2K's.

Wilson Alvarez got the win going 3 innings, allowing one hit, on 1 walk and 3 strike outs.

czalgosz
03-10-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Wilson Alvarez got the win going 3 innings, allowing one hit, on 1 walk and 3 strike outs.

Wow, blast from the past...

Chisox_cali
03-10-2002, 04:01 PM
Today against Tampa Bay:

This pic says it all:
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020310/capt.1015794575pirates_devil_rays_fsm103.jpg
Pittsburgh Pirates coach Spin Williams, left, talks to starting pitcher Kip Wells, right, on the mound with catcher Jason Kendall (18) in the third inning in which Wells gave up five runs to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays Sunday, March 10, 2002, at Al Lang Field in St. Petersburg, Fla. The Devil Rays won, 10-0. (AP Photo/Scott Martin)

RedPinStripes
03-10-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

This pic says it all:
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020310/capt.1015794575pirates_devil_rays_fsm103.jpg
Pittsburgh Pirates coach Spin Williams, left, talks to starting pitcher Kip Wells, right, on the mound with catcher Jason Kendall (18) in the third inning in which Wells gave up five runs to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays Sunday, March 10, 2002, at Al Lang Field in St. Petersburg, Fla. The Devil Rays won, 10-0. (AP Photo/Scott Martin)

That looks familiar.

Cheryl
03-10-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

This pic says it all:

Hey, Kip! No crying in baseball!

duke of dorwood
03-10-2002, 04:52 PM
Anyone have a picture of "the look" before the coach came out? The "get me outta here" look?

voodoochile
03-10-2002, 05:12 PM
HOW DID WE LET THIS STUD GET AWAY?!?!?!???!???!?!??!?

:D:

Wonder if Kipper plunked anyone after he got rocked and before he got pulled...

Daver
03-10-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
HOW DID WE LET THIS STUD GET AWAY?!?!?!???!???!?!??!?

Wonder if Kipper plunked anyone after he got rocked and before he got pulled...

I wonder if he crapped his drawers again.:redneck

RedPinStripes
03-10-2002, 05:55 PM
Maybe he's writing an apology letter to his team mates for pitching like ****?

RichH55
03-10-2002, 08:59 PM
Man if 2 and 1/3 innings of bad spring training pitching warrants this much of a response on Kipster we might break the thread # record when he has a bad game in the regular season....lets at least have the games count before we throw Kip in the career over catergory

baggio202
03-10-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Man if 2 and 1/3 innings of bad spring training pitching warrants this much of a response on Kipster we might break the thread # record when he has a bad game in the regular season....lets at least have the games count before we throw Kip in the career over catergory

i was thinking we might end talking about kip more than the sox this season :(:

bc2k
03-10-2002, 10:25 PM
Today against Tampa Bay:

Almost as bad as Ritchie's line.

RichH55
03-10-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by baggio202

Well nothing will compare to what Royce has done to posting here.,...but i think Kip will have a solid if unspectacular year, so there is no need to worry about him

Jerry_Manuel
03-11-2002, 06:53 AM

I'm just posting it because I wanted you to see it. Considering you are the President of the Kip Wells fan club.

RedPinStripes
03-11-2002, 08:43 AM

I'm just posting it because I wanted you to see it. Considering you are the President of the Kip Wells fan club.

LOL!

baggio202
03-11-2002, 12:02 PM

thanks high priestess

Lisa
03-11-2002, 12:34 PM

Does that make me Vice President?

Kip had a bad outing against TB. But he had 2 good outings previously against Detroit and Toronto. Last time I checked, our pitchers weren't faring too well, either.

We'll regret giving up the Kipper, mark my words.

RichH55
03-11-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Lisa

Kip had a bad outing against TB. But he had 2 good outings previously against Detroit and Toronto. Last time I checked, our pitchers weren't faring too well, either.

I don't know about regret........But I think he will be successful, but if Ritchie pitchs a good year then you can chalk it up to a good trade for both teams....No way the deal gets made without Wells....you can argue that we should ahve kept Lowe or Fogg, but I doubt they become anything special...so the only thing of value we lost either way was Wells....but best of luck to the kid anyway

Jerry_Manuel
03-11-2002, 12:44 PM
thanks high priestess

It's been awhile since I've been insulted, thanks Baggio.

Jerry_Manuel
03-11-2002, 12:45 PM

That's up to Baggio.

I disagree, but only time will tell.

Iwritecode
03-11-2002, 12:46 PM

IIRC, that's pretty much what Kip did in a Sox uni. 2-3 good games followed by 2-3 horrible games. He just never seemed to be able to put it all together as a starter. He didn't do too bad in the BP though. That's where we will probably miss him if some of our BP guys can't return from their injuries. It should be interesting to see how he handles the pressure of being a #1 on a team with little offense...

RedPinStripes
03-11-2002, 12:52 PM

No you won't ....mark my words.....he's a damn sissy boy.

Lisa
03-11-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

I thought those were the kind you liked best? :D:

I seriously hope I'm wrong and that everything turns out, but...I have this feeling...and I always seem to be right, dammit!

bjmarte
03-11-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Yea, I agree. I think he may have the stuff arm wise but mentally he can't handle playing in the big leagues. We may regret losing him someday if he gets his head together but I don't think that will be anytime soon, definetly not this year.

voodoochile
03-11-2002, 02:03 PM

I thought those were the kind you liked best? :D:

I seriously hope I'm wrong and that everything turns out, but...I have this feeling...and I always seem to be right, dammit!

What a burden that must be... Where were you when the market went belly up last year when I needed someone who is always right?

Seriously though...

The whole trade will come down to Ritchie. If he lives up to his billing, the rest won't matter. If he struggles, then it won't matter how well the others do - the Sox will have acquired a mediocre pitcher for guys who have pitched solidly for them in the past.

baggio202
03-11-2002, 03:21 PM

lisa..so you want the same position that einhorn has wirth the sox???...do absolutley nothing except take a picture for the media guide and collect millions??....how about we trade??..you be pres and ill be vice pres...deal?? :cool:

baggio202
03-11-2002, 03:23 PM

It's been awhile since I've been insulted, thanks Baggio.

just returning the favor...i was warned you need to have thick skin to post over ..i guess its true..either that or a lot of beer :gulp: