PDA

View Full Version : Rumor with Mets

doctor30th
12-29-2006, 11:22 PM
Javier Vazquez and pitching prospect for Lasting Milledge, John Maine, and/or disgruntled Aaron Heilman.

Minaya Loves Vazquez apparently, but I don't see them parting with Milledge.

delben91
12-29-2006, 11:24 PM
Javier Vazquez and pitching prospect for Lasting Milledge, John Maine, and/or disgruntled Aaron Heilman.

Where'd you hear/read this?

I can't imagine Kenny trading yet another starter. Then again, what do I know?

eriqjaffe
12-29-2006, 11:24 PM
I could get behind this, I think. At least, with Maine, he'd be getting somebody who has had some success as a starting pitcher at the major-league level, even if it wasn't a full season. Heck, he showed more composure in the NLCS than Vazquez did in the 6th inning of all his starts combined.

JermaineDye05
12-29-2006, 11:28 PM
Where'd you hear/read this?

I can't imagine Kenny trading yet another starter. Then again, what do I know?

I'm guessing that's what he's proposing considering those are the names that have been thrown around during the offseason but I don't see this happening anytime soon. I don't think there's been 1 trade that has been rumored to hapen go down.

SABRSox
12-29-2006, 11:31 PM
We don't want Maine. We want Pelfrey.

doctor30th
12-29-2006, 11:34 PM
Well oddly enough, my barber. He's a scout for the Mets, which I just found out so I think I'm going to get my hair cut more often. He said "they" (his word) called him and asked him some questions about some prospects and what not. He also said that Rumors are about as useful as an icecube to a Eskimo. I just thought it was interesting.

Huisj
12-30-2006, 01:52 AM
My Barber's no scout, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and he saw the Mets on ESPN once last summer, and he says he heard KW on his cell phone in the lobby talking about an imminent trade with the mets where the sox would give up a player or two for a few players from the mets, and then he said that fans on both sides will be both upset and happy and argue back and forth about it endlessly on message boards. :tongue:

drewcifer
12-30-2006, 01:58 AM
No way.

MUsoxfan
12-30-2006, 03:00 AM

Steal of the century. If that deal were truly on the table, Kenny would be shaking with excitement while digging the pen out of his briefcase.

kittle42
12-30-2006, 04:22 AM
Well oddly enough, my barber. He's a scout for the Mets, which I just found out so I think I'm going to get my hair cut more often. He said "they" (his word) called him and asked him some questions about some prospects and what not. He also said that Rumors are about as useful as an icecube to a Eskimo. I just thought it was interesting.

That's odd. The guy who cuts my lawn is a scout for the Padres!

UserNameBlank
12-30-2006, 04:59 AM

I suggested this before but I''ll do it again: Vazquez + Sox lower level prospect for Heilman, Pelfrey, and Soler. We need more arms.

BTW, I hope that Bruuuuce Baldelli rumor is BS. I think there is a good chance the Sox can get a career line of .289/.329/.451 and about 15 SB's per season out of Sweeney, with the benefit of having a LH bat vs. a RH bat and without the injury risk. In turn for substituting a CF with a RF, the Sox get to keep Anderson, Masset, and Broadway. A Baldelli deal would be pretty ****ty for the Sox IMO, but a ransom from Javy would be awesome.

Baby Fisk
12-30-2006, 07:54 AM
So over Christmas dinner my mom suddenly mentions that she's a scout for the Phillies and that Pat Gillick is still hearing from KW about a possible Rowand deal. I was stunned! Anyway, my mom's pretty credible and not prone to lying, but she didn't want to reveal any other names that might be in the mix. Take it FWIW.

LuvSox
12-30-2006, 08:50 AM
Well oddly enough, my barber. He's a scout for the Mets

I get my haircut by some fat chick with bad acne. I've got to change that!

RKMeibalane
12-30-2006, 01:29 PM
So over Christmas dinner my mom suddenly mentions that she's a scout for the Phillies and that Pat Gillick is still hearing from KW about a possible Rowand deal. I was stunned! Anyway, my mom's pretty credible and not prone to lying, but she didn't want to reveal any other names that might be in the mix. Take it FWIW.

My next-door neighbor is the special assistant to the Phillies traveling secretary, and he says that the Phillies are desperate to move Ryan Howard and Chase Utley. It's almost as give they're willing to give them away.

getonbckthr
12-30-2006, 01:48 PM
I deliver pizza's to Cardinal headquarters here in St Louis, as I was creeping up to his office I heard Walt Jocketty discussing a Pujols for Crede and Buerhle deal. The only hang up was whether we are willing to give up Mackowiak in exchange for Wainwright as part of the deal. More details as I get them.

cws05champ
12-30-2006, 02:24 PM
My uncle is body suit guy and works for the Mets now....he says this deal is going down!
:cool:

lumpyspun
12-30-2006, 02:46 PM
My brother lives in Manhattan and goes to school at Columbia. He met a girl whose brother is a very artsy, trendy Greenwich Village type. Turns out her brother designed the Mets logo back in the 60's. My brother just got off the phone with him. He said this deal is a lock.

nedlug
12-30-2006, 03:16 PM
My next-door neighbor went to high school with a janitor at Shea Stadium. Well, the janitor overheard a conversation that the peanut guys were having, and one of them saw Steve Phillips talking on his cell with Bruce Levine in the concourse. Steve said that he felt through his ESP with Omar Minaya the deal will be made by 3pm today. Get excited!!!!

getonbckthr
12-30-2006, 03:55 PM
My next-door neighbor went to high school with a janitor at Shea Stadium. Well, the janitor overheard a conversation that the peanut guys were having, and one of them saw Steve Phillips talking on his cell with Bruce Levine in the concourse. Steve said that he felt through his ESP with Omar Minaya the deal will be made by 3pm today. Get excited!!!!
5 minutes

DumpJerry
12-30-2006, 04:04 PM
My cell phone rep moonlights as a baggage handler at the Phoenix Airport........

Seriously though, my friend's Merry Maid is a scout for the Rockies, and she says......

Domeshot17
12-30-2006, 04:07 PM
My Uncle is a Mailman.

Frater Perdurabo
12-30-2006, 08:30 PM
My Uncle is a Mailman.

Then we must be cousins... :redneck

BeviBall!
12-30-2006, 09:19 PM
My uncle is body suit guy and works for the Mets now....he says this deal is going down!
:cool:

Can't get enough of this kind of joke.

broker3d
12-31-2006, 11:36 AM
Can't get enough of this kind of joke.

I can, and I have.

getonbckthr
12-31-2006, 01:02 PM
I can, and I have.
Party Pooper.

kittle42
12-31-2006, 01:38 PM
I can, and I have.

I do hope your sig is in teal.

getonbckthr
12-31-2006, 02:22 PM
I can, and I have.

I do hope your sig is in teal.
:hawk I tell ya what Broker your what hurts!