PDA

View Full Version : Indians close to signing Keith Foulke

Foulke You
12-29-2006, 01:20 PM
Foulkey is probably going to the Tribe. Ugh, if his knee is finally healthy, he can definitely fill the void left by Bob Wickman:(: He could've been a nice option along with MacDougal as a setup man for Jenks. Oh well:

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061226&content_id=1767846&vkey=news_cle&fext=.jsp&c_id=cle

INSox56
12-29-2006, 01:21 PM
They've been close to signing him for over a week now. LOL

DSpivack
12-29-2006, 02:15 PM
They've been close to signing him for over a week now. LOL

First Bobby Howry, and now Keith Foulke? The Indians sure like their washed-up former Sox closers.

buehrle4cy05
12-29-2006, 02:35 PM
First Bobby Howry, and now Keith Foulke? The Indians sure like their washed-up former Sox closers.

:bkoch:
"I'm availible."

oeo
12-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Foulkey is probably going to the Tribe. Ugh, if his knee is finally healthy, he can definitely fill the void left by Bob Wickman:(: He could've been a nice option along with MacDougal as a setup man for Jenks. Oh well:

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061226&content_id=1767846&vkey=news_cle&fext=.jsp&c_id=cle

I'm not too worried about the Indians. They've had three good months of baseball in the last two years.

kittle42
12-29-2006, 03:14 PM

As much as I don't care for Howry, I'd hardly call him washed up.

NonetheLoaiza
12-29-2006, 04:40 PM

I don't think that 3 Keith Foulkes could fill the void left by Bob Wickman.

soxfan1983
12-29-2006, 04:52 PM
:bkoch:
"I'm availible."

im working at a library public desk and just bursted out laughing when i read this. good stuff:dtroll:

Foulke You
12-29-2006, 05:41 PM
I don't think that 3 Keith Foulkes could fill the void left by Bob Wickman.
:roflmao:

Funny, yet so true! I always felt that Wickman kind've looked like the Michelin man wearing an Indians hat.:cool:

santo=dorf
12-29-2006, 06:20 PM
They signed Roberto Hernandez a few months ago too.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-29-2006, 07:45 PM
They signed Roberto Hernandez a few months ago too.

Which almost certainly means Roberto's next stop will be the Urinal -- where all washed up ex-Sox pitchers eventually go to die.

Brian26
12-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Which almost certainly means Roberto's next stop will be the Urinal -- where all washed up ex-Sox pitchers eventually go to die.

I just realized there is no Mike Sirotka tag :D:

Brian26
12-29-2006, 07:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/5460.jpg
"Don't worry, the shoulder is feeling much better now."

ondafarm
12-30-2006, 01:38 AM
I don't think the Indians have a closer yet, with or without Foulke.

DumpJerry
12-30-2006, 01:14 PM
My brother who, along with his wife, are good friends with the the Tirbe's owner's daughter. They were at the family Holiday Party a week or so ago and the owner told my bro that they are siging Foulke.

I'm not worried.

soxinem1
01-03-2007, 04:35 PM
As much as I don't care for Howry, I'd hardly call him washed up.

I agree agree about Howry, his stuff and mechanics actually looked better after he healed a couple years ago.

And Foulke has been lights out against us since he left here. I don't think his arm is the issue, it's his legs. If he has anything left, he could make a difference, against us anyway.

Foulke You
01-03-2007, 07:14 PM
I agree agree about Howry, his stuff and mechanics actually looked better after he healed a couple years ago.

And Foulke has been lights out against us since he left here. I don't think his arm is the issue, it's his legs. If he has anything left, he could make a difference, against us anyway.
It took Howry a couple years to recover from that shoulder injury but he is definitely effective again. 2005 with the Tribe was definitely his full comeback year.

You are correct soxinem, Foulke's problem is in his legs. Specifically his knee. When healthy, he still has a decent fastball to go with one of the best change ups in the AL. I think he still has a few decent years left which is why I'd rather see him go to a non-AL Central team.