PDA

View Full Version : WS Champs patch on road jersey

ChicagoHoosier
12-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Not sure if this belongs in the Clubhouse or in the Parking Lot, but curious if anyone knew if/where the appropriate place would be to sew on a WS Champsionship patch on a road gray jersey. I've seen the patches on the home pinstriped jerseys, but unsure if a patch really belongs on my road jersey that I wear to every game.

When I say it doesn't belong, obviously I can put whatever I want on my jersey. But since it's authentic, I like to keep it as authentic as possible. In the same breath, I'd like to honor to 2005 Sox every time I wear it.

Baby Fisk
12-28-2006, 12:09 PM
The Sox only wore that patch on their home jerseys.

FARMEO
12-28-2006, 05:04 PM
You can still find the 2005 World Series patch that was worn during the games. However, the separate "champions" part is impossible to find.

OzzieBall2004
12-29-2006, 07:58 PM
You can still find the 2005 World Series patch that was worn during the games. However, the separate "champions" part is impossible to find.

You are thinking of the 2005 World Series logo patch actually worn during the World Series. He's referring to the commemorative patch the team wore for home games during the 2006 season.

I wouldn't put the white patch on the grey jersey, but thats just me. If you could find a way to dye it the exact color of the jersey it might look cool though.

I would recommend just buying the "WS05" patch though. Plenty on eBay, and I bet Grandstand would do it cheap too.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=2005+world+series+patch

ChicagoHoosier
01-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Yeah, maybe the WS05 patch is the way to go to honor that WS team. I agree that I shouldn't put the WS Champions patch on. I want to keep it as authentic as possible. Guess I'll just need to buy a home jersey from 06 where they had the champions patch!

ohiosoxfan12
01-02-2007, 04:15 PM
I bought a road jersey from mlb.com and it came with a WS 05 patch. It was an extra 10 bucks or so. They also had extra patches you could buy.