PDA

View Full Version : Sox get Optimistic Outing from Parque

HawkDJ
03-10-2002, 01:21 PM
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sox_story.asp?intID=3732523

doublem23
03-10-2002, 02:57 PM
After barely reaching 80 mph in his first spring start, Parque topped out at 84 against Colorado.

What exactly is there to be optimistic about this??? :?:

czalgosz
03-10-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

What exactly is there to be optimistic about this??? :?:

After a rough first inning, he settled down and had a pretty good outing. He's throwing 10 mph faster than he did two weeks ago. I'd say that he's progressing okay.

baggio202
03-10-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

After a rough first inning, he settled down and had a pretty good outing. He's throwing 10 mph faster than he did two weeks ago. I'd say that he's progressing okay.

when parque was on he threw 91 mph....btw this is funny as im typing this farmer just said .."parque threw 84 yesterday???..it had to be with the wind"....he said one guy had him throw one pitch at 84...most of his pitches were 81-82...funny how a guy can spin a story

Chisox_cali
03-10-2002, 04:51 PM
This is what the rotation should be:

Buehrle
Ritchie
Garland
Wright
Rauch

With Parque pitching in the pen that's where the most help is needed especially in the left handed dept.

RichH55
03-11-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
This is what the rotation should be:

Buehrle
Ritchie
Garland
Wright
Rauch

With Parque pitching in the pen that's where the most help is needed especially in the left handed dept.

That rotation coming out of ST scares me....Man if that Lidle trade was there I've very disappointed we didn't take it...>Rowand is very replaceable and getting another 2 or 3 guy with something more than a potential tag on his resume sounds better to me all the time

czalgosz
03-11-2002, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by RichH55

That rotation coming out of ST scares me....Man if that Lidle trade was there I've very disappointed we didn't take it...>Rowand is very replaceable and getting another 2 or 3 guy with something more than a potential tag on his resume sounds better to me all the time

I probably would have done that trade too, but the flip side is that Cory Lidle is 30 and never showed anything before last season. He could be a good pitcher that had a breakthrough season last year, but he could also be just a flash in the pan.

kermittheefrog
03-11-2002, 01:55 AM
That Lidle trade would have been a steal especially in comparison to some other K-Willy specials. I'm confident in our rotation. Last year the Twins won 86 games with 3 starters and a mediocre offense. We have big bats and enough arms to put together at least an average pitching staff but upside to have one well above.

RedPinStripes
03-11-2002, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
That Lidle trade would have been a steal especially in comparison to some other K-Willy specials. I'm confident in our rotation. Last year the Twins won 86 games with 3 starters and a mediocre offense. We have big bats and enough arms to put together at least an average pitching staff but upside to have one well above.

Very well said kermit.

RichH55
03-11-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

I probably would have done that trade too, but the flip side is that Cory Lidle is 30 and never showed anything before last season. He could be a good pitcher that had a breakthrough season last year, but he could also be just a flash in the pan.

Thats still a risk I'm willing to take...I like Rowand but with the depth we have and the spot he plays taking a chance on Lidle being a flash in the pan is well worth it to me