PDA

View Full Version : Prospects and Kids to upgrade OF?

getonbckthr
12-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Mods- Not sure if this would count as a Clubhouse, WTS or Minor League please move accordingly.

Looking at the list of young and potentially good pitchers we have in our system its seems pretty lengthy. Now I admit i'm not as up to date on all these kids as some people here but here is the list of kids in our system that could prove beneficial for not only our team but as possible trade bait to upgrade the outfield or at SS.

Aardsma, Haegar, Floyd, Logan, Masset, O. Perez, Danks, H. Phillips, Sisco, Reynoso, Vasquez, Broadway, Malone, R. Rodriguez, Liotta, Mccullough, and Honel.

If my opinions of any these kids are off or over rated feel free to let me know, but from the looks of things we enough pieces to both A) find someone to fill the 5th spot and bullpen roles effectively and B) use as trade bait to upgrade whether its in LF, CF or at SS.

Thank You mystery mod, for I was Blind and Now I see.

Daver
12-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Kris Honel should not be on your list, he's been hurt for most of the last two years, no team would give anything for him until he proves he is healthy.

getonbckthr
12-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Kris Honel should not be on your list, he's been hurt for most of the last two years, no team would give anything for him until he proves he is healthy.
Ya his name just stood out because its a name you hear often.

Domeshot17
12-23-2006, 08:05 PM
I would take Malone off that list also, he will never amount to anything, Im pretty sure most GM's are aware of this

beck72
12-26-2006, 07:46 AM
It seems KW does really value the young arms--esp. Masset for the bullpen. With the additions of Aardsma and Masset as potential 7th, 8th inning guys to go along with Thornton [not to mention Gavin Floyd as another set up arm], MacDougal could be used to upgrade the OF. I'm not completely sold on him being healthy. Yet he'd have great trade value.

With the Marlins in need of a closer and a CFer, would they part with a guy like Olsen for Anderson and MacDougal, who the sox could move to the DRays for Baldelli?

jabrch
12-26-2006, 12:26 PM
It seems KW does really value the young arms--esp. Masset for the bullpen. With the additions of Aardsma and Masset as potential 7th, 8th inning guys to go along with Thornton [not to mention Gavin Floyd as another set up arm], MacDougal could be used to upgrade the OF. I'm not completely sold on him being healthy. Yet he'd have great trade value.

With the Marlins in need of a closer and a CFer, would they part with a guy like Olsen for Anderson and MacDougal, who the sox could move to the DRays for Baldelli?

McDougal is the vet of that bunch. He's also the only one with MLB closing experience to back up Bobby. I'd rather keep him.

spiffie
12-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Here's an out-of-the-blue sort of idea...what would Jenks fetch in the trade market?

After all, if Kenny Williams can be trusted to have gotten so many high-quality arms in the recent deals, why not trade the guy with weight problems and a history of not working hard while he might be very valuable? We have MacDougal, Thornton, Masset, Floyd, and Sisco all available to compete for the closer job, and with Cooper around to work with them it seems likely one of them could certainly be ready by April for that job. We'd still have a 6-deep pen of those five guys plus Aardsma under that scenario. I have to think Bobby could certainly fetch some choice young arms to add to the stockpile Kenny is building.

soxtalker
12-26-2006, 01:29 PM
Here's an out-of-the-blue sort of idea...what would Jenks fetch in the trade market?

After all, if Kenny Williams can be trusted to have gotten so many high-quality arms in the recent deals, why not trade the guy with weight problems and a history of not working hard while he might be very valuable? We have MacDougal, Thornton, Masset, Floyd, and Sisco all available to compete for the closer job, and with Cooper around to work with them it seems likely one of them could certainly be ready by April for that job. We'd still have a 6-deep pen of those five guys plus Aardsma under that scenario. I have to think Bobby could certainly fetch some choice young arms to add to the stockpile Kenny is building.

That is an intriguing idea. It would be so much like the McCarthy trade -- unexpected, probably not even one started by the Sox "shopping him", and enabled by the previous trades. He's a big name with high value. And a lot of Sox fans would be furious.

ondafarm
12-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Not sure we need to upgrade LF, CF or SS. Keep in mind anybody we get we need to pay.