PDA

View Full Version : Heath Phillips?

jabrch
12-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Where's he fit in?

julio-cruz
12-23-2006, 05:42 PM
hopefully in the Devil Rays organization with other prospects- after we aquire Crawford or Baldelli. :wink:

Cuck_The_Fubs
12-23-2006, 06:01 PM
hopefully in the Devil Rays organization with other prospects- after we aquire Crawford or Baldelli. :wink:

Please, I hope not. I want some proven veteran pitchers more than a fast slugger that carries a giant pricetag.

BadBobbyJenks
12-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Please, I hope not. I want some proven veteran pitchers more than a fast slugger that carries a giant pricetag.

Giant Price tag? Seems to me Crawford is signed for an incredibly fair deal for what he produces

julio-cruz
12-23-2006, 11:48 PM
yeah, I thought that maybe he bypassed the teal option on accident?:?:
Though Crawford is a steal at this current market-- think it's like $27-mil the next 4-5 years. However, the Devil Rays will be trading him or Baldelli- those are their two blue chips. Unfortunately,for the Devil Rays, I am thinking that many clubs are even more unwilling to let go of their "major league ready" pitching prospects: The market has been too rough.
Maybe a package of Heath Phillips, Sean Tracy and a few others for one of those two? I don't see the Angels trading Santana for Crawford. Anyways, I am getting into 'what's the score' territory.

California Sox
12-24-2006, 11:48 AM
yeah, I thought that maybe he bypassed the teal option on accident?:?:
Though Crawford is a steal at this current market-- think it's like $27-mil the next 4-5 years. However, the Devil Rays will be trading him or Baldelli- those are their two blue chips. Unfortunately,for the Devil Rays, I am thinking that many clubs are even more unwilling to let go of their "major league ready" pitching prospects: The market has been too rough.
Maybe a package of Heath Phillips, Sean Tracy and a few others for one of those two? I don't see the Angels trading Santana for Crawford. Anyways, I am getting into 'what's the score' territory.

According to Gammons the Angels are more than willing to trade Santana due to weak home/road splits. It's wishful thinking that a package of lesser pitching prospects like Tracey and Phillips will get you either of those guys. McCarthy was the sort of player Rays were looking for. Maybe you could spin Danks for Crawford, but Phillips isn't going to be the centerpiece of a deal for an all star.

julio-cruz
12-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Yeah, but Bill Stoneman is one stubborn GM. Also, their outfield is already full- Anderson, Guerrero, Matthews, Rivera (now the DH- leg injury).Wasn't thinking that Phillips would be centerpiece. But maybe a combo of him and Tracey along with some others would be somewhat intrigueing enough for the D-rays.
I agree, for the most part it is wishful. But you never know.

soxfanreggie
12-25-2006, 11:51 PM
If some of these starting pitchers and other "stars" are getting $10-$20 mil, getting Carl Crawford for $5-6 mil a year is an absolute STEAL!

maurice
12-26-2006, 01:12 PM
Where's he fit in?

Charlotte or another organization.

For more info on Phillips, click here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78162).

Gammons Peter
12-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Maybe you could spin Danks for Crawford

it'll take two or three MORE top prospects to get him. You people crack me up thinking Crawford is coming that cheap.

California Sox
12-26-2006, 05:01 PM
it'll take two or three MORE top prospects to get him. You people crack me up thinking Crawford is coming that cheap.

Obviously. I meant as the centerpiece player.