PDA

View Full Version : Mlb.com Ranks the players

HawkDJ
03-09-2002, 11:35 PM
I've included the Sox and Cubs players in this. If you want me to just post the link, tell me. I think it will be better this way so you know where the Sox guys are instead of fishing through the list.

Oufielders:
1. Sammy Sosa
8. Magglio Ordonez
29. Moises Alou
35. Carlos Lee
58. Kenny Lofton
76. Jeff Liefer
91. Delino DeShields
95. Aaron Rowand
112. Corey Patterson
128. Darrin Lewis

Catchers:
29. Sandy Alomar Jr.
33. Todd Hundley

First Basemen:
10. Paul Konerko
11. Fred McGriff
13. Frank Thomas

Second Basemen:
6. Ray Durham

Shortstops:
10. Alex Gonzalez
21. Royce Clayton

Third Basemen:
10. Jose Valentin
22. Bill Mueller
35. Chris Stynes
41. Joe Crede

Starting Pitchers:
15. Jon Lieber
20. Mark Buehrle
21. Kerry Wood
56. Todd Ritchie
71. Juan Cruz
85. Jason Bere
99. Jon Garland
142. Jim Parque
158. Mark Prior
159. Julian Tavarez

Relievers:
3. Keith Foulke
22. Kyle Farnsworth
39. Jeff Fassero
49. Tom Gordon
51. Bob Howry

nut_stock
03-10-2002, 12:52 AM
after looking at the list, I'd say Konerko ought to feel pretty good being ranked ahead of the Big Hurt.

Daver
03-10-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock
after looking at the list, I'd say Konerko ought to feel pretty good being ranked ahead of the Big Hurt.

I have to wonder why MLB would even rate Frank at first.

SoxRulecubsdrool
03-10-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by daver

I have to wonder why MLB would even rate Frank at first.

Come on! For his great defensive play of course.

:gulp:

joeywpb
03-10-2002, 01:44 PM
That was funny! Hurts favorite band is Tenacious D! Looking at those rankings made me think. I have been drafting all of my fantasy leagues this past weekend, but had to stop by when I saw shillings line last nite(OUCH). I do not have ONE cubs batter in any one of my 21 teams(I need to get out more). The only pitcher I have from them is Bere(he is a x-sox 1st), but I do have Juan Cruz in about 4 of the leagues(but I got him so late in the draft he was a must). I am practicaly a professional at this(2000 PTC champ talking here). There players SUCK(or Blow) take your pix. If anyone needs the 411 on draft day(don't buying that worthless "fantasy info packs"-just email me, and sit back."GO SOX" The squad is having a pretty good weekend. I like the 3 runs scored in the bottom of the 8th against those same cubs-to save howry. I believe Foulke got the W-(just like old times). 21 days, and COUNTING.

Lisa
03-10-2002, 02:39 PM
I'm sorry, but I can't take anything in that ranking seriously, as they ranked Sosa FIRST among ALL outfielders. Please. There's such a thing as validity, and this ranking doesn't have it.

Vsahajpal
03-10-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Lisa
I'm sorry, but I can't take anything in that ranking seriously, as they ranked Sosa FIRST among ALL outfielders. Please. There's such a thing as validity, and this ranking doesn't have it.

Where should he be ranked?

czalgosz
03-10-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

Where should he be ranked?

At the highest, third. Bonds and Walker are definitely better.

RedPinStripes
03-10-2002, 04:46 PM
how are they ranking this? offense, defense, or combined? Sosa #1? He's a step above carlos Lee defensivly. And i guess 1st base is based on defense while rf is baised on offense. According to the rf poll baised upon the 1 dementional sosa , how could pauly be ahead of frank? Frank is just as bad at 1st as Sosa is at rf. Another poll by mlb that makes no sense.

czalgosz
03-10-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
how are they ranking this? offense, defense, or combined? Sosa #1? He's a step above carlos Lee defensivly. And i guess 1st base is based on defense while rf is baised on offense. According to the rf poll baised upon the 1 dementional sosa , how could pauly be ahead of frank? Frank is just as bad at 1st as Sosa is at rf. Another poll by mlb that makes no sense.

It's fantasy rankings, so I assume that defense has nothing to do with it.