PDA

View Full Version : Minor League Transactions through 12/20

rdivaldi
12-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Per BA...

Signed RHP Ryan Bukvich
Signed SS C.J. Lang
Signed OF Sean Smith

Rule 5 Losses: RHP Paul Moviel (Devil Rays, Double-A); and LHP Jay Marshall (Athletics, Major League)

rdivaldi
12-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Former White Sox farmhands/role players signing with other teams through minor league FA:

Jamie Burke - Seattle
Jorge Velandia - Tampa Bay
Arnie Munoz - Washington

soxfanreggie
12-26-2006, 12:45 AM
Good to see Burke and Munoz catch on with another team. They really didn't have a future here. However, can anyone tell me why we couldn't sign a very large majority of our draft picks? I can't remember the last time we didn't sign a top 10 round pick but we had 2 this year. I know some don't sign because they are in school/going to school or want more money, but it seems to me like there are too many unsigned picks.

jabrch
12-26-2006, 01:51 AM
Good to see Burke and Munoz catch on with another team. They really didn't have a future here. However, can anyone tell me why we couldn't sign a very large majority of our draft picks? I can't remember the last time we didn't sign a top 10 round pick but we had 2 this year. I know some don't sign because they are in school/going to school or want more money, but it seems to me like there are too many unsigned picks.

That's fairly normal. We have been drafting some guys who would have been amazing steals if they'd come. They didn't - no big deal. Just get one and it makes not getting 10 of them worth it.

The changes to the draft, a slotting system, that I have heard about, would really change the face of the draft.

maurice
12-26-2006, 02:16 PM
can anyone tell me why we couldn't sign a very large majority of our draft picks?

If you have a question about a specific player, do a search. We probably discussed it at the time.

MeanFish
12-26-2006, 07:08 PM
I find it humorous that Washington picked up Munoz. Am I alone in my thinking?

rdivaldi
12-26-2006, 09:17 PM
I find it humorous that Washington picked up Munoz. Am I alone in my thinking?

Perhaps they thought he could do no worse than the time he faced them.