PDA

View Full Version : Mark Teahen

Grzegorz
12-21-2006, 06:19 AM
Mark Teahen; a very intersting player. I am wondering what other WSI'ers think about possibly getting him from the Kansas City Royals.

Of course, a deal for him would have to be the perfect storm; Crede would have to leave, Josh Fields would have to be converted to LF successfully, and Alex Gordon's development would have to make Teahen expendable.

caulfield12
12-21-2006, 08:30 AM
Teahen is young and affordable, I think the Royals can sit back and look at putting Teahen at either corner OF spot, 1B (especially if Shealy doesn't emerge as the starter) or DH, as Sweeney's always hurt and this is his last season. There was some thought about moving him to 2B, but that evaporated when they decided to keep Mark Grudzielankek.

I don't see them trading a player like this to the White Sox, it would be too dangerous, because Teahen was their most dangerous hitter the last four months of the season. He absolutely hammered us.

And who were you even thinking of trading them? I just don't see a good fit or match.

We don't have a prospect at SS or catcher we could trade them either, those are their weakest spots on the MLB roster. I guess we could deal Stewart, but he's not an upgrade from Buck, certainly there would be a fall-off offensively.

12-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Tehan is a stud, at least against us, he is something they might want to build on.

Grzegorz
12-21-2006, 10:31 AM
And who were you even thinking of trading them? I just don't see a good fit or match.

I am not suggesting that the White Sox make this deal, I am stating that he appears to be a nice player with potential. Third base might become an issue for the CWS so I am looking around at potential players that I as a CWS fan would like to see at third base if a conditional opening appears.

The Royals need to build for the future so they either need an infusion of young talent or be willing to trade their excess (position) young talent for major league talent.

The Royals would "flip" that established talent to a contender to further stock their young talent.

Britt Burns
12-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Teahan isn't going anywhere, Alex Gordon or not. He is young, cheap, and has a ton of upside. Even the Royals aren't dumb enough to trade him, not for a few years at least.

chisoxmike
12-21-2006, 12:25 PM
The Sox made Teahen look like Babe Ruth in 2006.