PDA

View Full Version : SoxFest tickets on sale JAN 9. 10AM

chisoxmike
12-20-2006, 04:16 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20061220&content_id=1764894&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Individual-day passes for SoxFest 2007, presented by U.S. Cellular, will go on sale to the general public Jan. 9 at 10 a.m.
Passes, which cost $30 each for Friday and Sunday and $40 for Saturday, can be purchased online at whitesox.com

(My question is...how many more threads will be started on this today?)

CLR01
12-20-2006, 05:15 PM
This has to be a lie. I am pretty sure I read here that the Sox were going to screw over the average fan and not offer individual day passes. Something about success going to there heads or something.

LuvSox
12-20-2006, 05:29 PM
This has to be a lie. I am pretty sure I read here that the Sox were going to screw over the average fan and not offer individual day passes. Something about success going to there heads or something.

The Ross Gload fan club had 2,000 tickets in reserve, they were just released to the general public.

ewokpelts
12-20-2006, 05:40 PM
$100 for 3 days...not exactly a deal...wasnt it $45 for 3 days last year?

PennStater98r
12-20-2006, 06:14 PM

The increase is going toward the "Bring Back Freddy and Ross" fund.

ChiSoxGirl
12-20-2006, 10:47 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20061220&content_id=1764894&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

(My question is...how many more threads will be started on this today?)

These prices seem rather steep. I thought paying $75 each for my weekend passes (which comes out to $25/day) was bad, but now it seems like a deal....

bafiarocks03
12-20-2006, 11:46 PM
WooooG ood news for Saraaaa!- D

itsnotrequired
12-20-2006, 11:47 PM
WooooG ood news for Saraaaa!- D

She lives!

:bandance::bandance::bandance:

Iwritecode
12-20-2006, 11:54 PM

Well, the hotel packages doubled in price. I'm not the least bit surprised that the day passes doubled as well.

crazyozzie02
12-21-2006, 02:07 AM

they said on whitesox.com that single-day tickets would be released to the public in early january.

ewokpelts
12-21-2006, 03:02 AM
Well, the hotel packages doubled in price. I'm not the least bit surprised that the day passes doubled as well.and you can no longer get a 3 day pass without a hotel..that sucks dogballs too

i just confirmed my dealer's room reservation ...$375 for 2 nights.....the dealer rate in 2006 was $69 a night with dealer badges for the show.

anewman35
12-21-2006, 08:14 AM
and you can no longer get a 3 day pass without a hotel..that sucks dogballs too

We've been through this. The Sox would rather not have the same people there all three days, and this is their way of trying to prevent it. Makes sense to me.

Iwritecode
12-21-2006, 10:13 AM
We've been through this. The Sox would rather not have the same people there all three days, and this is their way of trying to prevent it. Makes sense to me.

The very first year I went to Soxfest I just went for one day. When I found out about the 3-day pass, I decided that going for just one day isn't worth it. There's way too much to do that you just can't squeeze into a single day. Not to mention the hassle of trying to find parking rather than using the valet.

Sure they might get different people there each day but IMHO, their experience won't be nearly as good as it could be.

spiffie
12-21-2006, 10:30 AM
The very first year I went to Soxfest I just went for one day. When I found out about the 3-day pass, I decided that going for just one day isn't worth it. There's way too much to do that you just can't squeeze into a single day. Not to mention the hassle of trying to find parking rather than using the valet.

Sure they might get different people there each day but IMHO, their experience won't be nearly as good as it could be.
I tend to agree. For me three days was too many, and 1 day not enough. I would kind of like to see it spread to 4 days, and have 2-day passes available.

Anyone know if there's any chance of them releasing a day-by-day list of who will be there before single day passes go on sale? At those prices I don't really want to gamble on who might or might not be there on any given day.

ewokpelts
12-21-2006, 11:23 AM
I tend to agree. For me three days was too many, and 1 day not enough. I would kind of like to see it spread to 4 days, and have 2-day passes available.

Anyone know if there's any chance of them releasing a day-by-day list of who will be there before single day passes go on sale? At those prices I don't really want to gamble on who might or might not be there on any given day.

Unless the sox are now guranteeing autos or let you get a wristband without waiting in 3 lines...then this will be a MASSIVE FAILURE.....

i dont know if you remember last year....wait in a line to get a wristband, but even with one, you pretty much stuck, becuase 400 people in an autograph line move pretty slowly, like cattle that know they're getting slaughtered and go slower to delay the inevitable...everyone trying to get 15 items signed, pictures, acting rude through the whole process.....you're better off just buying the autographs on the secondary market..save yourselves valuable time and frustration...

soxfest should be run like a card show....you're not quite rushed at show, but the line keeps moving and people are put back on the show floor quicker...
but doing soxfest like a card show would also entail getting a LARGER room...NOT GOING SMALLER AND LIMITING ACCESS.
mccormick place would be a better choice, of if they still wanted to go hilton, the hilton and towers, which the cubs AND bears use......plenty of room there, in both hotel rooms and floor space.....and oddly enough, the FAN'S ROOM RATE for bears conventionis cheaper than the dealer rate for soxfest AND you get the 4 bears passes FOR FREE.

mark my words...soxfest will suck big time this year, ESPECIALLY if you only go one day.

chisoxmike
12-21-2006, 12:15 PM
1 day of SoxFest is enough. I don't really know what people need to go for 3 days in a row for? To spend more $$$$$$$ :dunno:

spiffie
12-21-2006, 12:35 PM
1 day of SoxFest is enough. I don't really know what people need to go for 3 days in a row for? To spend more $$$$$$$ :dunno:
Two of the three days I went last year I spent less than $10. Between the autograph sessions and the seminars/Q&A sessions there's plenty there to keep most people interested for multiple days without spending money.

jenn2080
12-21-2006, 12:58 PM

I am with you. One day is definately plenty. I went Friday last year and I was exhausted. I could not imagine getting up and doing it all over again on Saturday.

chisoxmike
12-21-2006, 01:00 PM
I like to go Saturday. It's the longest of the three. I go to the KW, Ozzie, Hawk seminar buy some stuff I don't need and walk around.

I'm not into autographs at all so none of that interests me, but if you are, I can see why going three days would be worth it then.

anewman35
12-21-2006, 06:26 PM

Maybe I just get bored easilly, but the last few years I've always just went the Saturday, and I'm always wanting to shoot myself by the end, that's how bored I am. It's interesting for a few hours, but I can't imagine 3 days there.

Fake Chet Lemon
12-21-2006, 09:30 PM
One day pass, three day pass......I'll take a pass on the whole thing.

It used to be about giving something back to the fans, now it's just a new revenue center. That's life, I'm not going to lose any sleep. Besides, I know I'll get all the interesting info from SoxFest I need right here.

SoxFan78
12-22-2006, 10:06 AM
After going on Friday and Sunday last year, im glad im not going this year. Way too many people, way too many long lines. The only good things were the Q & A's with the management and players.

spiffie
12-22-2006, 10:20 AM
I wonder if part of it might be that for those folks who make commutes in for SoxFest (as by the locations of the last few posters I would guess might be the case), there's a sense that, "Well, I'm down here, I better get as much of it as I can." Maybe it's easier for those folks with a short commute in city to pop in and out, and never get too overwhelmed, or tired, of the whole event. Just a thought.

Iwritecode
12-22-2006, 10:37 AM
After going on Friday and Sunday last year, im glad im not going this year. Way too many people, way too many long lines. The only good things were the Q & A's with the management and players.

Last year was horrible. I can't imagine how many first-timers were completely turned off by the experience. Normally it's crowded, but not wall-to-wall like it was.

I wonder if part of it might be that for those folks who make commutes in for SoxFest (as by the locations of the last few posters I would guess might be the case), there's a sense that, "Well, I'm down here, I better get as much of it as I can." Maybe it's easier for those folks with a short commute in city to pop in and out, and never get too overwhelmed, or tired, of the whole event. Just a thought.

That's exactly it for me. I don't want to spend that much money to drive in, pay to park, get a couple of autographs and maybe one seminar and then leave again. You don't even get a chance to hang out with everyone at the bar, which is where most of the excitement happens anyway.

Brian26
12-22-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm surprised at all of the negativity towards the event here.

An entire weekend of baseball-related activities in the middle of January is something I always look forward to. If you're not into autographs, the seminars and Q&A's are worth the price of admission alone.

chisoxmike
12-22-2006, 10:51 AM
If you're not into autographs, the seminars and Q&A's are worth the price of admission alone.

Especially the KW, Ozzie, & Hawk Q & A. That's basically what I go for. I could care less about autographs.

ewokpelts
12-22-2006, 01:10 PM

An entire weekend of baseball-related activities in the middle of January is something I always look forward to. If you're not into autographs, the seminars and Q&A's are worth the price of admission alone.not at 40 bucks a day

ChicagoHoosier
12-22-2006, 10:44 PM
not at 40 bucks a day

I am contemplating going as a first-timer this year (if I get tickets). But I'm curious based on the feedback on this thread, whether $40 is worth seeing Kenny, Ozzie, and Hawk in person. It's more important to find out what they said and what the attitude is, and I get that on the news or on this board later that night.

Having said that, is it still worth the trip if you live way out in the burbs? Sounds like Saturday is the best day if one is not looking for autographs, and I won't be able to go that day anyway, so maybe this won't be my first year.

Is it THAT bad that it's wall to wall people? Maybe they just need a larger venue now that we've won the WS and have a larger casual fan base.

Iwritecode
12-23-2006, 12:12 AM
I am contemplating going as a first-timer this year (if I get tickets). But I'm curious based on the feedback on this thread, whether $40 is worth seeing Kenny, Ozzie, and Hawk in person. It's more important to find out what they said and what the attitude is, and I get that on the news or on this board later that night.

Having said that, is it still worth the trip if you live way out in the burbs? Sounds like Saturday is the best day if one is not looking for autographs, and I won't be able to go that day anyway, so maybe this won't be my first year.

Is it THAT bad that it's wall to wall people? Maybe they just need a larger venue now that we've won the WS and have a larger casual fan base.

Between 01 and 05 it was great. A little crowded, some waiting in line, but nothing over-whelming. Last year they double-booked the event. You could barely move or breath.

What this year holds is hard to tell. One can only hope they fixed the problems from last year and it's not wall-to-wall people. It IS a smaller venue though...

ewokpelts
12-23-2006, 01:05 AM

they ended up putting all the seminars online(audio files)...so it's up to you.....
i'll be there(as a vendor), but my cost to stay at the hotel(trust me, you wanna just crawl in a hotel bed after 9-12 hours of standing around trying to sell stuff) skyrocketed......the room alone will cost me $375

MrT27
12-23-2006, 01:58 AM
I always try to go to the Saturday, that one day is plently for me. Once you are done buying your goodies from the garage sale/stands all there really is are the smeinars. I waited in line for 45-an hour to get Baines autograph in 05' and it was not fun, I don't plan on doing that again. Not to mention the incredable line there is to just get in...

If you have never gone before I suggest going. It may get boring at times but if you crave something White Sox (becides thsi site) in the winter, this does just the trick.

Beer Can Chicken
12-23-2006, 02:16 AM

Grown men hunting for autographs = creepy as hell.

ewokpelts
12-23-2006, 06:30 AM
at soxfest it's 85% kids(or thier moms) hunkered in the lines....the auto hounds lurk by the ramps at the END of the signing, or at the seminars and training academy sessions.....
and of course, there's the bar

ewokpelts
12-23-2006, 06:32 AM
I always try to go to the Saturday, that one day is plently for me. Once you are done buying your goodies from the garage sale/stands all there really is are the smeinars. I waited in line for 45-an hour to get Baines autograph in 05' and it was not fun, I don't plan on doing that again. Not to mention the incredable line there is to just get in...

If you have never gone before I suggest going. It may get boring at times but if you crave something White Sox (becides thsi site) in the winter, this does just the trick.for 4.95 plus shipping, you can get a certified auto from a card pack of baines almost any day of the week on ebay....