PDA

View Full Version : Padres interested in Garland.

mikef1331
12-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Yahoo article: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/post/Padres-hunt-for-hurler?urn=mlb,18559

Towers said he is looking to the trade market for a front-line starting pitcher if Wells doesn't return. The Atlanta Braves (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/atl/)' Tim Hudson, the Philadelphia Phillies (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/phi/)' Jon Lieber, the Oakland A's Dan Haren and Jon Garland (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6396/) of the Chicago White Sox (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/chw/) are known to be available via trade. Source: North County Times (http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/12/20//sports/professional/padres/23_28_3012_19_06.txt)http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/nt/ic/ut/bsc/newwin12_1.gif (http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/12/20//sports/professional/padres/23_28_3012_19_06.txt)

lakeviewsoxfan
12-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Oh **** here we go again

chisoxmike
12-20-2006, 02:15 PM
It does not say that they are interested in Garland. It says that Garland is on a list of pitchers available for trade, which he is not.

CHIsoxNation
12-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Talk about a misleading title.

Chez
12-20-2006, 02:22 PM
I would imagine EVERY team is interested in Garland. But he's not available.

12-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Talk about a misleading title.

It should be "All teams interested in Garland"

kittle42
12-20-2006, 02:27 PM
It should be "All teams interested in Garland"

I'm sure that despite the obviously misleading title and overall non-substance to the actual "news" blurb, this thread with get a double tomato award given the level of discourse around here lately.

Craig Grebeck
12-20-2006, 02:34 PM
It does not say that they are interested in Garland. It says that Garland is on a list of pitchers available for trade, which he is
Fixed.

mikef1331
12-20-2006, 02:35 PM
How is the title misleading? The article is about the Padres looking for a new pitcher and they discuss Garland, however briefly it may be.

Do I think that Garland will be traded? No. Do I want to see Garland traded? Definitley Not.

I was just reporting what I read. This is, after all, a White Sox discussion board.

It's just a rumor people, calm down.

A lot of people around here seem to be extremely on edge lately.

spawn
12-20-2006, 02:36 PM
How is the title misleading? The article is about the Padres looking for a new pitcher and they discuss Garland, however briefly it may be.

Do I think that Garland will be traded? No. Do I want to see Garland traded? Definitley Not.

I was just reporting what I read. This is, after all, a White Sox discussion board.

It's just a rumor people, calm down.

A lot of people around here seem to be extremely on edge lately.
Well, considering everyday you see rumors that this team or that team is interested in either Garland or Crede, can you blame us? It's getting really old.

mikef1331
12-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Well, considering everyday you see rumors that this team or that team is interested in either Garland or Crede, can you blame us? It's getting really old.

If you're tired of reading about trade rumors than why did you read this thread and then post about it?

spawn
12-20-2006, 02:47 PM
If you're tired of reading about trade rumors than why did you read this thread and then post about it?
Because I wanted to see if others were as sick of this as I am.

If you're going to post threads like this, maybe you need to get thicker skin.

mikef1331
12-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Because I wanted to see if others were as sick of this as I am.

If you're going to post threads like this, maybe you need to get thicker skin.

This is the "What's the Score?" section of WSI is it not? Isn't this the section for postiong trade rumors that people have either heard of or come up with themselves?

You act like I'm the one who wrote the article on Yahoo. Like I said before, I was just posting a White Sox related news bit that I had read.

It seems to me that you're the one who needs the thicker skin if you can't handle hearing one little rumor about a Sox player being mentioned as possibly being on the trading block.

As I stated before, if you're tired of reading these type of threads then why do you or anyone else even bother reading the "What's the Score?" section of WSI?

SABRSox
12-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Garland for Jake Peavy, and that's about the only Padre I'd do it for.

lumpyspun
12-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Garland for Jake Peavy, and that's about the only Padre I'd do it for.

They have a pretty cool stadium...I would trade Garland straight up for Petco Park...

fquaye149
12-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Fixed.

No you didn't. Garland is no more available for trade than Buehrle.

That is to say: maybe, but probably not

spawn
12-20-2006, 03:15 PM
This is the "What's the Score?" section of WSI is it not? Isn't this the section for postiong trade rumors that people have either heard of or come up with themselves?

You act like I'm the one who wrote the article on Yahoo. Like I said before, I was just posting a White Sox related news bit that I had read.

It seems to me that you're the one who needs the thicker skin if you can't handle hearing one little rumor about a Sox player being mentioned as possibly being on the trading block.

As I stated before, if you're tired of reading these type of threads then why do you or anyone else even bother reading the "What's the Score?" section of WSI?
1. Nowhere in the article does it say the Padres are interested in Garland. All it says is supposedly he's available via trade. So the title of your thread is misleading.
2. Again, if you're going to post threads like this, expect some negative feedback because as I said, these pseudo-trade rumors get really old.
3. I'm not the one getting upset because someone had the temerity to criticze his thread. That, my friend, would be you.
4. In reagrds to why I read the "What's The Score?" section...I do a search for all new posts. This happened to be at the top of the page so I looked to see what crap someone was saying now. Then I see it's not even a trade rumor regarding Garland...it was a rumor that Garland is on the trading block.

twsoxfan5
12-20-2006, 03:34 PM

If you dont like reading trade rumors, no matter how ridiculous they may be, then don't read the threads about trade rumors. I dont get why trade rumors make some people so angry. And I also dont get why people who do hate them continue to make themselves angry by reading them constantly.

spawn
12-20-2006, 03:43 PM
If you dont like reading trade rumors, no matter how ridiculous they may be, then don't read the threads about trade rumors. I dont get why trade rumors make some people so angry. And I also dont get why people who do hate them continue to make themselves angry by reading them constantly.
I have no problems with trade rumors. And I'm not angry at all. Just answer this: Is this an article about the Padres wanting Jon Garland?

fquaye149
12-20-2006, 03:47 PM

why do you rumor-mongers get so defensive about your gossiping?

mikef1331
12-20-2006, 03:48 PM
I have no problems with trade rumors. And I'm not angry at all. Just answer this: Is this an article about the Padres wanting Jon Garland?

You need to go back and re-read the first post of the thread.

PS: The way this thread is going it's going to end up in the Roadhouse.

Iwritecode
12-20-2006, 04:03 PM

No, it's an article about the Padres possibly looking for a pitcher. The reporter took it upon himself/herself to mention a few names of pitchers.

Whether or not the Padres are actually interested in Garland is debatable.

spawn
12-20-2006, 04:10 PM
You need to go back and re-read the first post of the thread.
I did. maybe you need to reread the article.

No, it's an article about the Padres possibly looking for a pitcher. The reporter took it upon himself/herself to mention a few names of pitchers.

Whether or not the Padres are actually interested in Garland is debatable.
Exactly.

DumpJerry
12-20-2006, 04:18 PM
I wish Kenny would just finally trade Garland, Crede, Buehrle, Uribe, Podsednik, Dye, Anderson, and Iguchi so we can finally stop all these rumors.

We'll keep Konerko and AJ.

PennStater98r
12-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Yahoo article: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/post/Padres-hunt-for-hurler?urn=mlb,18559

:borass: Little did you all know - mikef1331 is my handle on this site, and I just acquired John - what no H? - Jon Garland as a client. You White Sox fans will be happy to know that he's the second coming of Greg Maddux - better known as "God" and the bad news is that he's going to be somewhere else very soon.......... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Could I have a glass of water please. Bull****ting makes me thirsty.

Ol' No. 2
12-20-2006, 07:14 PM
This just in: The Padres would also be interested in Johan Santana, Roy Oswalt and Roy Halladay.

Ol' No. 2
12-20-2006, 07:25 PM
If you dont like reading trade rumors, no matter how ridiculous they may be, then don't read the threads about trade rumors. I dont get why trade rumors make some people so angry. And I also dont get why people who do hate them continue to make themselves angry by reading them constantly.There's a difference between a legitimate rumor and made-up BS.

DumpJerry
12-20-2006, 07:26 PM
This just in: The Padres would also be interested in Johan Santana, Roy Oswalt and Roy Halladay.
...........not to mention Koufax, Gibson, Lolich, and Jenkins...........

areilly
12-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Jon Garland for Jake Peavy + Cla Meredith.

spawn
12-20-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm wondering if the Padres are interested in either Lilly or Marquis?

voodoochile
12-20-2006, 09:30 PM
At the request of the poster who started this thread, I am closing it.