PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way

duke of dorwood
03-09-2002, 05:58 PM
At this stage of ST that we can keep both Harris and Simmons on the big league roster?

Jerry_Manuel
03-09-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
At this stage of ST that we can keep both Harris and Simmons on the big league roster?

Sure, but it would be at the expense of Liefer, Rowand, or Graffanino.

duke of dorwood
03-09-2002, 06:12 PM
I had heard Simmons is out of options, this may be the toughest decision they have to make.

Jerry_Manuel
03-09-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I had heard Simmons is out of options, this may be the toughest decision they have to make.

That's correct, either Simmons makes the team or he's gone. Williams claimed to be excited to get Simmons back, it shouldn't be a difficult decision.

voodoochile
03-09-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

That's correct, either Simmons makes the team or he's gone. Williams claimed to be excited to get Simmons back, it shouldn't be a difficult decision.

Not necessarily, he would merely have to clear waivers to become eligible to be shipped down. He isn't exactly a hot prospect...

Daver
03-09-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Not necessarily, he would merely have to clear waivers to become eligible to be shipped down. He isn't exactly a hot prospect...

The Sox also lose the Waiver fee they paid to acquire him.

And I doubt he would clear waivers.

czalgosz
03-09-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Depends when they would try to put him on waivers. If they do it right at the end of Spring Training, which is most likely, I would be willing to bet that somebody would take a flyer on Simmons. Guarantee you that someone will be hurt, some young guy will be disappointing, something to give Brian Simmons a job.