PDA

View Full Version : SoxFest 07

JohnTucker0814
12-18-2006, 10:36 PM
I've noticed in the people that are scheduled for SoxFest it looks like a good bunch this year: Buehrle, Contreras, Garland, Konerko, Ventura, etc... However why aren't the young prospects at SoxFest anymore? I remember when Borchard, Honel and those guys attended, I love to see Fields, Sweeney, Gonzalez, etc... any of you guys know who I can e-mail at the White Sox regarding this?

chisoxfanatic
12-18-2006, 11:07 PM
This isn't a "scientific" answer; but, I'll take a guess in thinking they might be wrapping up winterball somewhere. It seems winterball's become more popular for some of our young players than even a few years ago.

soxchick20
12-18-2006, 11:52 PM
I've noticed in the people that are scheduled for SoxFest it looks like a good bunch this year: Buehrle, Contreras, Garland, Konerko, Ventura, etc... However why aren't the young prospects at SoxFest anymore? I remember when Borchard, Honel and those guys attended, I love to see Fields, Sweeney, Gonzalez, etc... any of you guys know who I can e-mail at the White Sox regarding this?

Yes, I've wondered this too. I'd definitely love to meet Sweeney and others as well. Maybe your email will spark something....

Ol' No. 2
12-19-2006, 01:46 AM
This isn't a "scientific" answer; but, I'll take a guess in thinking they might be wrapping up winterball somewhere. It seems winterball's become more popular for some of our young players than even a few years ago.Most of them bailed out early on winter ball this year.

Iwritecode
12-19-2006, 02:01 AM

I've got a ball autographed by both Rauch and Borchard. I'm sure it's worth a ton now.

With the prices they are charging to get into it now and the demand going through the roof, I'm sure they feel compelled to put more of the "bigger" name players out there.

JohnTucker0814
12-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Anyone know who I should e-mail with the idea to bring more prospects with the "bigger" names?

ewokpelts
12-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Anyone know who I should e-mail with the idea to bring more prospects with the "bigger" names?Email Brooks.

LauraJ14
12-19-2006, 05:03 PM
If you notice though, they are bringing back some of the players from 1977 and my all time favorite Sox player - Robin Ventura!

swanson24
12-22-2006, 10:36 PM
I'm sorry if this is a little off topic but does anybody know when the individual day passes for Soxfest will be made available? The Sox website just said a limited number will be available in January but did not give a specific date.

itsnotrequired
12-22-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm sorry if this is a little off topic but does anybody know when the individual day passes for Soxfest will be made available? The Sox website just said a limited number will be available in January but did not give a specific date.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82533

soxchick20
01-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Well, your wish (and mine) came true. Just checked the SoxFest page, and Josh Fields, Jerry Owens, and Ryan Sweeney are all scheduled to attend. Yes! I'm definitely pumped now to meet them.

Domeshot17
01-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Is Thome scheduled to be there?

soxwon
01-12-2007, 08:43 PM

Honel- The kid from Providence HS?
He's been a prospect for 6 years now, has he pitched at all?

soxwon
01-12-2007, 08:44 PM
i guess you can pick up your ordered tickets at the park from the 19th thru 24th 10-4 pm.

soxchick20
01-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Is Thome scheduled to be there?

Last I checked, he wasn't on the list. Neither was Crede, Dye, or A.J. But I doubt all four of those guys would miss. I hope they don't.

ewokpelts
01-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Is Thome scheduled to be there?the guy lives in the burbs, i'm pretty sure he'll be there

crazyozzie02
01-15-2007, 02:54 PM
the guy lives in the burbs, i'm pretty sure he'll be there

i agree with you. im just hoping that he is there on saturday so i can finally meet him

salty99
01-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Thome will not be at soxfest along with Dye or AJ.

soxchick20
01-15-2007, 05:37 PM

Damn, really. How about Crede?

crazyozzie02
01-15-2007, 10:27 PM

whats your source on this? i wont believe it until i see it. not that im calling you a liar, but im gonna keep my thome hopes alive.

Brian26
01-15-2007, 10:35 PM
whats your source on this? i wont believe it until i see it. not that im calling you a liar, but im gonna keep my thome hopes alive.

The source is Scott Merkin on the official Sox website.

TornLabrum
01-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Here is the list posted on the Sox official site:

David Aardsma, Brian Anderson, Mark Buehrle, Alex Cintron, Jose Contreras, Josh Fields, Jon Garland, Toby Hall, Bobby Jenks, Paul Konerko, Rob Mackowiak, Jerry Owens, Scott Podsednik, Ryan Sweeney, Javier Vazquez, Harold Baines, Greg Walker, Razor Shines, Darrin Jackson, Hawk Harrelson, Ed Farmer, Chris Singleton, Robin Ventura, Ken Kravec, Chet Lemon, Jorge Orta and others.

Believe what you want.

Daver
01-15-2007, 10:40 PM
the guy lives in the burbs, i'm pretty sure he'll be there

Since when is Cleveland a Chicago Suburb?

Brian26
01-15-2007, 10:42 PM

I understand Jim bought a house in the western burbs and has been spending time there this offseason.

crazyozzie02
01-15-2007, 10:52 PM
I understand Jim bought a house in the western burbs and has been spending time there this offseason.

thats what i thought too. Didnt someone say that they knew someone who went to his house on halloween? If hes not there, im not gonna kill myself over it

whitesoxwilkes
01-15-2007, 10:57 PM

That's correct. He splits time between there and a hunting cabin (!) downstate.

chisoxmike
01-15-2007, 11:08 PM

He lives in Hinsdale. I believe Jenks lives there too.

salty99
01-15-2007, 11:11 PM
I saw Jenks on Saturday in Burr Ridge. He was there signing autos for a charity where that guy who was spinning was at. A few people told me he works out there 4 days a week sometimes with Neal Cotts. He looked to be in much better shape than the beginning of last season.

crazyozzie02
01-15-2007, 11:23 PM
I saw Jenks on Saturday in Burr Ridge. He was there signing autos for a charity where that guy who was spinning was at. A few people told me he works out there 4 days a week sometimes with Neal Cotts. He looked to be in much better shape than the beginning of last season.

i thought that he was working out with thome

Brian26
01-15-2007, 11:24 PM

Cotts works out at East Bank Club. I talked to him the other day on my way home when he was walking his dog.

salty99
01-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Cotts works out at East Bank Club. I talked to him the other day on my way home when he was walking his dog.

YOu guys are probably right about it being Thome since he lives in that same area. And Brian what the heck are you doing talking to that CUBBIE!

My guess would be that Crede might be added if he signs his 1 year deal this week like Scott Merkin was speculating.

soxchick20
01-18-2007, 02:07 PM
My guess would be that Crede might be added if he signs his 1 year deal this week like Scott Merkin was speculating.

The list was updated and Crede is now scheduled to attend!

salty99
01-18-2007, 02:13 PM
The list was updated and Crede is now scheduled to attend!

:)

salty99
01-20-2007, 01:47 PM
I picked up my tickets today and included was 2 free vouchers for a regular April or May game. They are also using at least 3-4 levels this year. The food and exhibitors are all on level 4.

JohnTucker0814
01-20-2007, 03:52 PM
I picked up my tickets today and included was 2 free vouchers for a regular April or May game. They are also using at least 3-4 levels this year. The food and exhibitors are all on level 4.

Did they give you a map of where the fest is taking place? It's going to be hard this year without knowing exactly where each autograph booth is...

jamokes
01-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Honel was a prospect for 6 years or whatever...........prospects turn into suspects after a while. It's sad when kids don't make it.

soxwon
01-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Honel was a prospect for 6 years or whatever...........prospects turn into suspects after a while. It's sad when kids don't make it.

he was 18 when drafted out of high school
got hurt is rehabbing.

salty99
01-21-2007, 12:34 AM
Did they give you a map of where the fest is taking place? It's going to be hard this year without knowing exactly where each autograph booth is...

They have each station listed by which room and which level it's on. This is located on the ticket back. Things are going to be much more spread out this year it looks like.

DumpJerry
01-21-2007, 12:42 AM
He lives in Hinsdale. I believe Jenks lives there too.

Thome and Jenks are neighbors. In the Chicago suburbs.

EBC is not far from where he lives.

sandknit
01-21-2007, 01:27 AM
Will the garage sale be back in effect for 2007?

StillMissOzzie
01-21-2007, 02:38 AM

I just picked up mine today too. Two free tickets.............YES!

They have each station listed by which room and which level it's on. This is located on the ticket back. Things are going to be much more spread out this year it looks like.
The back of the SoxFest pass is sort of a mini-program

Yes, it is listed on the back of the pass.

Damn, are these passes BIG! At slightly larger than 5" x 7", it's like wearing the cover of a paperback book. They are gonna be like wearing a billboard around your neck! And it says that you'll need to have your pass on ALL THE TIME to gain access to the various SoxFest exhibits & stuff.

Edit: For point of reference, the pass is almost identical in size to the cover of a Reader's Digest Condensed Book!

SMO
:gulp:

HotelWhiteSox
01-21-2007, 02:58 AM
Sure enough, already on ebay
http://i22.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/85/ea/3b85_1.JPG

salty99
01-21-2007, 05:50 AM

Yes of course.

Brian26
01-21-2007, 11:12 AM

EBC is not far from where he lives.

Correct. I see him walking his two dogs occassionally in front of his building at night. He lives a couple of blocks down from me.

Brian26
01-21-2007, 11:14 AM

Any chance you can scan that and post before Friday, Salty?

Brian26
01-21-2007, 11:20 AM
I just realized something...did Oscar Gamble and Richie Zisk pull out? They aren't on the list of invitees anymore, although I could swear they were at one point. It seems like Orta and Kravec have replaced them.

salty99
01-21-2007, 10:34 PM
LEVEL 3: Salons Room
Autograph Stage 1 - Changed to Empire Room I think
Autograph Stage 2
Garage Sale
Kids Corner

LEVEL 4: Exhibit Hall
Food
Exhibitors

LEVEL 5:
Autograph Stage 3 - State Room
Seminar Room - Red Lacquer Room
Training Academy - Grand Ballroom
Comcast -Grand Ballroom
Spring Training -Grand Ballroom
CHISOX Charities -Across from State room
Whitesox.com - Across from State room
White Sox Sales - Across from State room

LEVEL 6:
Autograph Stage 4 - Adams Room
Autograph Stage 5 - Monroe Room

chisoxmike
01-21-2007, 10:38 PM
Sure enough, already on ebay
http://i22.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/85/ea/3b85_1.JPG

Damn, those are nice. So that's where the money went.

WSC2005
01-24-2007, 09:02 AM
I have tickets just for Saturday - when should I arrive? Does anyone know if the seminars are all in the same place - can we just get good seats there and stay for several seminars? Will players sign outside of signing sessions? Are the autograph lines hell? Thanks.

jenn2080
01-24-2007, 09:06 AM
I have tickets just for Saturday - when should I arrive? Does anyone know if the seminars are all in the same place - can we just get good seats there and stay for several seminars? Will players sign outside of signing sessions? Are the autograph lines hell? Thanks.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/...le_soxfest.pdf

Some players may sign outside of the fest, but why would you want to harrass them when they are there all weekend? Check the link for the autographs that will be allowed per session. This is a new venue so know one knows what to expect.

WSC2005
01-24-2007, 09:16 AM
I am bringing my son (10) and I just want to maximize the experience - will probably target getting Konerko's autograph and that is it. Don't want the experience to be about waiting for hours for autographs but about seeing and hearing the sox players - so the seminars are probably the way to go. We are just there on Saturday so was wondering if before/after seminars would be appropriate to ask for autographs in a non harassing way. Thanks.

salty99
01-24-2007, 09:32 AM
YOu can go to one seminar and just stay in there for as many as you want. There are always annoying people who ask for autographs during the Q&A portion of the seminars. Last year BA and McCarthy stood around after their seminar was over and signed for as many people that were there. Most of the players won't do this.

MrT27
01-24-2007, 10:00 AM
YOu can go to one seminar and just stay in there for as many as you want. There are always annoying people who ask for autographs during the Q&A portion of the seminars. Last year BA and McCarthy stood around after their seminar was over and signed for as many people that were there. Most of the players won't do this.Last year at the seminars a TON of people asked for an autograph after asking a question, very annoying.

soxchick20
01-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Last year at the seminars a TON of people asked for an autograph after asking a question, very annoying.

yes it was. These guys are signing 300-400 autographs and then coming to the seminars. If the autograph is that important, wait in line during his signing. Usually, there will be someone who announces "No autographs" before the players come on stage, but there are still a ton of people who continue to ask for one.