PDA

View Full Version : Sox' Lease

johnny72
03-09-2002, 02:23 PM
Does anyone know when the White Sox' lease at Comiskey expires?

Dadawg_77
03-09-2002, 02:28 PM
I don't know about length but this is from the ISFA web site..."The Authority has also collected more than $13.6 million in fees and lease payments from the Chicago White Sox since the inception of the Authority." The chairman in his statement says the Sox have paid 14.5 million since the inception (doesn't count anything after the 2000 season. Also in the notes it say the ISFA and Sox reach an agreement that the Sox wouldn't contribute the 1 million dollar maintenance payment in 2000 and remit a guaranteed rental payment of $1,240,000 for each of the 2001 through 2007 seasons amd the Authority would advance $8million for the renovations.

Anderson audited there statements, so who knows how accurate they are.

Daver
03-09-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by johnny72
Does anyone know when the White Sox' lease at Comiskey expires?

I beleive it was a twenty five year lease,but I am not positive,PHG will know.

Paulwny
03-09-2002, 03:30 PM
According to this ,it's 20yrs.

http://www.stadianet.com/go.php?s=comiskeypark&p=facts

PaleHoseGeorge
03-09-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
According to this, it's 20yrs.

Wow. Twenty years isn't a very long lease for a $135 million investment by the state. We're already in the second-half of the deal and ballpark has been under renovation, and will be in future years, too.

Isn't it just a shame Jerry can't draw more folks to the ballpark? Isn't this the part where we, the customers, get blamed for JR's management not having a clue how to capitalize on this windfall?

Yea. K-mart's shoppers are to blame for 20,000 layoffs, too.

:reinsy
"I love making money. I hate to compete."