PDA

View Full Version : Forget Baldelli deal for now...

caulfield12
12-16-2006, 11:34 PM
Don't be surprised if the Colorado Rockies trade Tavares for a pitcher they can package with shortstop Clint Barmes and another pitcher to get Rocco Baldelli from Tampa Bay. The asking price for Baldelli reportedly is a shortstop and two power arms. That's a lot.

from chicagosports.com/phil rogers

getonbckthr
12-17-2006, 04:59 AM
Uribe, Broadway and Floyd?

caulfield12
12-17-2006, 08:26 AM
Uribe, Broadway and Floyd?

I think the point of the article was it would be pretty rIdiculous to give up two young arms for a player the D-Rays don't want to keep long-term.

That move (getting rid of Floyd and Broadway) might work, but I don't think they would want Uribe in return.

And then we'd have to desperately go out into the market at this point looking for a SS and end up with someone like John McDonald or Russ Adams (unless you want Cintron to be an everyday player, which he questionably has shown the ability to do).

Cuck_The_Fubs
12-17-2006, 09:57 AM
I don't care who the hell we get. Give me a guy that can bunt and hit a breaking ball, and then i'll be happy.

Zisk77
12-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Thats too much to give up for a guy with a lot of potential , but has never done anything, and who has had major knee injuries. Also he is named Rocco :redneck

White Sox Randy
12-18-2006, 12:35 PM
I would rather trade for Rios. It seems that they would both take about the same to acquire.

Who would you rather have Rios or Baldelli ?

Domeshot17
12-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Baledlli personally, but neither at a BIG price. If you can get either for Haeger and Broadway then I would be happy. I am just a big fan of Rocco Baldelli.