PDA

View Full Version : Someone Had To Do It: Ross Gload Appreciation Thread

whitesoxwilkes
12-16-2006, 12:21 PM
For your granny at Camden Yards this summer and, um, like all that other stuff you did that I really can't recall...thanks, Ross Gload.

veeter
12-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Take it easy on us this year, Ross. Good luck.

jenn2080
12-16-2006, 12:24 PM
I love you Ross Gload!

You will always be my favorite White Sox player. No one will be better then you. Words can not even describe how upset I am that you are gone.:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

spawn
12-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Later Ross. You deserved more playing time, and now you'll get it. Godd luck.

sox1970
12-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Good luck to Gload.

Out of the 38 Sox that played for the 2005 WS Team, 23 are no longer in the organization.

JUribe1989
12-16-2006, 12:32 PM
Good luck to Gload.

Out of the 38 Sox that played for the 2005 WS Team, 23 are no longer in the organization.

What a joke. Thanks Ross for your grand slam against the O's last July. Thanks for your ability to bunt in 2006 on a team of sluggers that had no idea how to bunt. You made one of the best plays by a first baseman I have ever seen against the Tigers at the Cell in late 2004, and I was also at your game in early September '04 when you hit a walkoff single to score Willie to beat the A's. Ross was one of the nicest guys on the Sox.

fquaye149
12-16-2006, 12:39 PM
One of the top 3 bench players the Sox have had in my life time.

Nice glove at 1B, solid lefty stick...what more can you say.

I bet he'll be successful at KC. He deserves to have a chance to start

jenn2080
12-16-2006, 12:41 PM
One of the top 3 bench players the Sox have had in my life time.

Nice glove at 1B, solid lefty stick...what more can you say.

Truer words have never been spoken! :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Myrtle72
12-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Good luck in KC!

Loved the grand slam against the O's - he's really a fantastic bench player. I hope he gets everything he deserves in KC and more. :smile:

Timmy D's
12-16-2006, 12:45 PM
http://www.elfyourself.com/?userid=4200b44d1c5ed1d83e34533G06121608

SoXPriDe33
12-16-2006, 12:48 PM

Gload's happy dance for finally being able to get some playing time.

santo=dorf
12-16-2006, 01:16 PM
It won't be in KC with Shealy at first and Sweeney at the DH position. Before anybody mention the outfield (he was a joke there anyways,) they have Dejesus, Gathright, Sanders, Emil Brown, and they are going to move Teahan to a corner spot to make way for Alex Gordon.

DSpivack
12-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Gload's happy dance for finally being able to get some playing time.

I'm not so sure he'll get that much more playing time, with Mike Sweeney and Ryan Shealy already there.

soxchick20
12-16-2006, 01:32 PM
Good Bye Ross!!! Thank You and Good Luck. You will be missed!:whiner: :(:

DSpivack
12-16-2006, 01:47 PM
It won't be in KC with Shealy at first and Sweeney at the DH position. Before anybody mention the outfield (he was a joke there anyways,) they have Dejesus, Gathright, Sanders, Emil Brown, and they are going to move Teahan to a corner spot to make way for Alex Gordon.

I'm not so sure he'll get that much more playing time, with Mike Sweeney and Ryan Shealy already there.

Didn't see Santo's post...point made twice. Along with Justin Huber, this trade is even more questionable for the Royals. Why do they feel the need for another 1B?

jenn2080
12-16-2006, 01:48 PM
Why is there not more love here for Ross?!?!??!?!?!?! There should 500 posts in here :whiner:

lumpyspun
12-16-2006, 01:56 PM
I remember he had a huge gap double late in a game (extra innings maybe) that beat the Indians towards the end of the '05 season. For that I am grateful.

CaptainBallz
12-16-2006, 02:38 PM

*****!!!

That's the Ross I'll always remember...

Good vibes....

Dancing around...

in elf clothes...

Chisox003
12-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Didn't see Santo's post...point made twice. Along with Justin Huber, this trade is even more questionable for the Royals. Why do they feel the need for another 1B?
Sweeney is hurt 100+ games every season. Gload will get plenty of PT. Plus you never know, the Royals might be looking at some takers for Sweeney come mid summer.

Good luck Ross.

champagne030
12-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Sweeney is hurt 100+ games every season. Gload will get plenty of PT. Plus you never know, the Royals might be looking at some takers for Sweeney come mid summer.

Good luck Ross.

:yup:

buehrle4cy05
12-16-2006, 03:28 PM
Good luck, Ross. Hopefully the Royals will DH Sweeney and you'll beat out Shealy for the starting spot. Just take it easy on the Sox.:cool:

alohafri
12-16-2006, 03:29 PM
For your granny at Camden Yards this summer and, um, like all that other stuff you did that I really can't recall...thanks, Ross Gload.

The night of that Granny, we were heading home from the Season Ticket Holder night (by way of Lake Shore Drive). We drove north on the Drive and were coming back south via Clark St. G-Load hit that slam just as we were passing The Shrine. The drunks had no idea why my horn was going off.:rolleyes:

CLR01
12-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Yeah...umm...the bench always looked nice when you were on it, Ross. Enjoy KC, I hear the BBQ is fantastic.

I guess now we get to find out if the Graff like claims that "Gload would be a starter on a lot of other teams" is true or not.

DickAllen72
12-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Best wishes to Ross. He's a class act and can flat out hit.

White Sox fans will always appreciate Ross Gload's contributions to the team in his limited role while he was here.

ajismyhero
12-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Who's getting 'gloaded' with me in KC next summer?!?!?!

jenn2080
12-16-2006, 05:59 PM
Who's getting 'gloaded' with me in KC next summer?!?!?!

Line thief!!!!!

ajismyhero
12-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Line thief!!!!!

You had already posted twice in here and hadn't said it - i figured someone had to, after all, it could be our last opportunity, at least in the clubhouse.....:whiner:

itsnotrequired
12-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Line thief!!!!!

I've been using that line since 2000.

ajismyhero
12-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Anyhow, Here's to you, Ross:gulp:.

May they have pants that fit you in Kansas City.

StillMissOzzie
12-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Why is there not more love here for Ross?!?!??!?!?!?! There should 500 posts in here :whiner:

Then about 450 of them will come from you, jenn.

Thanks for the grand slam vs. the Orioles, Ross. I really thought winning that game was gonna jump-start the team last year. Alas, it was not to be. But at least I know I will never see you in RF again, either, and that's a good thing. You always seemed pretty reliable when the Sox needed some clutch left-handed stick, and I hope that this move gets you some more playing time. Good luck, and thanks for your part in 2005.

SMO
:gulp:

RadioheadRocks
12-16-2006, 09:37 PM
What a joke. Thanks Ross for your grand slam against the O's last July. Thanks for your ability to bunt in 2006 on a team of sluggers that had no idea how to bunt. You made one of the best plays by a first baseman I have ever seen against the Tigers at the Cell in late 2004, and I was also at your game in early September '04 when you hit a walkoff single to score Willie to beat the A's. Ross was one of the nicest guys on the Sox.

... not to mention getting that 9th inning rally started off of Ryan Dempster last July 1, which led to that memorable blast by A.J. (which led to the shower of trash from the bleachers!). :bandance:

soxfanreggie
12-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Like any other member of the WS team, we salute you Ross for your contributions to that and for always playing hard. Here's to you getting more playing time in KC.

sbinsc
12-17-2006, 12:20 PM
I remember he had a huge gap double late in a game (extra innings maybe) that beat the Indians towards the end of the '05 season. For that I am grateful.

That hit had a double meaning for me. I grew up a Red Sox fan, and that hit to beat the injuns pretty much clinced the playoffs for the red sox. I started pulling for the White Sox when Ross moved in next door to me. I will try and talk to him later and see how he feels about the move to KC.

SoxandtheCityTee
12-17-2006, 12:42 PM
I started pulling for the White Sox when Ross moved in next door to me. I will try and talk to him later and see how he feels about the move to KC.

Please tell him that he was very much appreciated and will be missed. We wish him the best and will never forget him -- he played a key part and did everything he could given the amount of time he was given.

DickAllen72
12-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Please tell him that he was very much appreciated and will be missed. We wish him the best and will never forget him -- he played a key part and did everything he could given the amount of time he was given.

Ditto!

sox647
12-17-2006, 03:14 PM
We'll miss that serious stare, good luck in KC Ross Gload

popilius
12-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Gload's grand slam at Baltimore this past July was on my wedding night. I'll always remember that during the reception, my brother ran up to me on the dance floor and informed me that Gload had just given the Sox the win.

Here's to you, Ross! :gulp:

The strange thing is, I still have not seen that homer (or heard the radio call). Does anyone have any links to that?

aryzner
12-17-2006, 11:15 PM
I will miss you Ross!

LuvSox
12-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Ross----he puts the LOAD in Gload!!!!!!!!!!

:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :bandance:

esbrechtel
12-18-2006, 07:11 AM
ill miss gload but he might get a better opportunity to play....man i go to greece for two weeks and the sox have been making some moves...

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-18-2006, 07:38 AM
Ross -

Thanks for helping the 2005 pitching staff remain consistent to help the White Sox win the World Series.

No offense to AJ - but Ross has the better catcher's mask. Best of luck in KC - take it out on the Twins and Indians, OK?

rus-trick
12-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Ross Gload I'll miss screaming ROSS GLOAD at you!

stl_sox_fan
12-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Ross, the shortest 6 footer I've ever seen.
The dude did his job and did it well. It can't be easy being a bench player. I always liked his swing. Maybe he will learn another position is KC. Maybe a gold glove in CF is in his future just to make the "Mack in Center" debacle even worse? Who knows?
Happy trails Ross!

CLR01
12-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Maybe a gold glove in CF is in his future just to make the "Mack in Center" debacle even worse?

Can I ask where you bought this magical kool-aid?

stl_sox_fan
12-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Can I ask where you bought this magical kool-aid?

Samuel L Jackson beer....

http://homepages.ius.edu/TESNGIBS/photogallery_files/image019.jpg
It'll get ya drunk!!!!

CLR01
12-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Samuel L Jackson beer....

http://homepages.ius.edu/TESNGIBS/photogallery_files/image019.jpg
It'll get ya drunk!!!!

Nicely done. :cheers:

Palehose13
12-18-2006, 01:32 PM

jenn- When did bafiarocks get a hold of your password and start posting with your name? :wink: With your reaction to the trade of Ross "benchplayer" Gload, I want you to never give me **** about Aaron again. :D:

SouthSide_HitMen
12-18-2006, 03:48 PM
jenn- When did bafiarocks get a hold of your password and start posting with your name? :wink: With your reaction to the trade of Ross "benchplayer" Gload, I want you to never give me **** about Aaron again. :D:

Well, the difference is Gload fans are posting their love for him over the course of a weekend whereas the Rowand love continues a year (and beyond) after he crashed into the wall (on a misplayed ball :redneck ) for the final time in a White Sox uniform. I like both players (Rowand & Gload) but I also like the players we obtained for them.

Vance Law was one of two favorite players (Harold Baines the other) when he played here. He played my position (3rd base) and was a pretty good player but by no means a star. We obtained Bob James (http://www.baseball-reference.com/j/jamesbo01.shtml) for him who was solid (http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B00005UPFF001015/104-5451062-8165531) the following season. I mourned his loss for a few days but didn't hold a grudge against James and the trade was a good one for the White Sox (though Tim Hulett, Law's replacement, sucked ass). I was a high school sophomore at the time.

One of the biggest "appreciation" threads to date was this one for someone who didn't play for the team, Man Soo Lee. Fans have their favorites, otherwise they wouldn't be fans.

Now if we see "I told you so posts" after a Ross Gload pinch hit single in July, you'll be on to something.

CLR01
12-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Now if we see "I told you so posts" after a Ross Gload pinch hit single in July, you'll be on to something.

I believe you mean walk-off all-star grand slam to give the AL homefield advatage again after being voted in as a starter by the fans.

fquaye149
12-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Well, the difference is Gload fans are posting their love for him over the course of a weekend whereas the Rowand love continues a year (and beyond) after he crashed into the wall (on a misplayed ball :redneck ) for the final time in a White Sox uniform. I like both players (Rowand & Gload) but I also like the players we obtained for them.

Vance Law was one of two favorite players (Harold Baines the other) when he played here. He played my position (3rd base) and was a pretty good player but by no means a star. We obtained Bob James (http://www.baseball-reference.com/j/jamesbo01.shtml) for him who was solid (http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B00005UPFF001015/104-5451062-8165531) the following season. I mourned his loss for a few days but didn't hold a grudge against James and the trade was a good one for the White Sox (though Tim Hulett, Law's replacement, sucked ass). I was a high school sophomore at the time.

One of the biggest "appreciation" threads to date was this one for someone who didn't play for the team, Man Soo Lee. Fans have their favorites, otherwise they wouldn't be fans.

except the Gload "appreciation" is a little more histrionic (among certain posters) than the Rowand love considering that Rowand was an integral part of the WS's first championship in 88 years and Gload was a bench player who had 50 hits last year.

It's also more than a little ironic that the biggest Gload-wailers are the same people who pretty much gangtackle anyone who posts something remotely positive about Rowand

jenn2080
12-18-2006, 04:32 PM

I think I will be done in a few days. :D:

Palehose13
12-18-2006, 04:34 PM
I think I will be done in a few days. :D:

For the record, I never reacted like that. I believe that I was sad to see Aaron go, but was happy with the trade.

DachnoPiitu
12-19-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm gonna miss him! :whiner:

He was an exciting player to watch.

The Dude
12-19-2006, 01:49 PM
I love you Ross Gload!

You will always be my favorite White Sox player. No one will be better then you. Words can not even describe how upset I am that you are gone.

Breathe in, breathe out Jenn!:tongue:

Don't worry, Skotty will be sure to wear the ol' Gload jersey to every game this year!:D:

skottyj242
12-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Breathe in, breathe out Jenn!:tongue:

Don't worry, Skotty will be sure to wear the ol' Gload jersey to every game this year!:D:

I got a half a season out of that jersey. I shall wear it a ton next season, you can be sure about that. I gotta split time with that and the Man Soo Lee jersey next year. Never let me in front of a computer with a ton of beers in me and my credit card in front of me. :D:

soxinem1
12-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Where was all this devotion when it was needed for Raul Casanova????