PDA

View Full Version : Anymore trades?

TheGipper
03-09-2002, 11:10 AM
Now that spring training in full force, does anyone think that the Sox will be looking to treak the roster before the season. I guess I thought the Sox would try to land atleast another big time pitcher to add to the rotation. Anyone hear of any possible names?

OEO Magglio
03-09-2002, 11:57 AM
A possible name for a trade was Eric Gagne he still might be a possibility he would be a great pick up, the Sox offered to trade Howry for Gagne, but the Dodgers rejected it, they wanted another player in the deal, but it still might be a possibility.

CerberusWG
03-09-2002, 12:14 PM
Dan Plesac!!!

baggio202
03-09-2002, 12:33 PM
i think williams has done enough damage...lest just go with what we got and hope for the best

Jerry_Manuel
03-09-2002, 12:46 PM
Remember we can't afford the team we have now.

CubKilla
03-09-2002, 06:14 PM
Close your eyes and what do you see?

NOTHING! The White Sox are moaning that they only have 25 cents for every $1 they spend. Someone should come up with a "whining violin" sig. Or a "crybaby" or something. JR always crying about money when the White Sox are 2 or 3 players away from being legit contender. And by legit I mean seriously considered for the WS. The Yankees are the only AL team that consistently has that luxury. Does anyone out there really believe the White Sox are legit contenders with the pitching staff as it is right now?

czalgosz
03-09-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow
Close your eyes and what do you see?

NOTHING! The White Sox are moaning that they only have 25 cents for every $1 they spend. Someone should come up with a "whining violin" sig. Or a "crybaby" or something. JR always crying about money when the White Sox are 2 or 3 players away from being legit contender. And by legit I mean seriously considered for the WS. The Yankees are the only AL team that consistently has that luxury. Does anyone out there really believe the White Sox are legit contenders with the pitching staff as it is right now?

Let's say that money is no object - if you're the Sox, what deal do you make? I agree that the Sox could use a good starting pitcher, but even if they were willing to pay one, there are no quality starters available at any price right now. Every team that has one has no interest in trading them.

duke of dorwood
03-09-2002, 07:15 PM
We are not legit WS contenders.

nut_stock
03-10-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
We are not legit WS contenders.

Its way to early to be saying that!