PDA

View Full Version : Gonzalez..."not surprised to see Tracey gone"

caulfield12
12-16-2006, 02:46 AM
If I could have been a fly on the wall:
The perfect place would have been in the Sox's dugout and clubhouse after rookie Sean Tracey failed to hit Texas slugger Hank Blalock in a retaliatory attempt. There's a considerable gap about what was said in the clubhouse and what was told to reporters, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sean Tracey is pitching for another organization next spring.

www.chicagosports.com (http://www.chicagosports.com)

Grzegorz
12-16-2006, 04:56 AM
If I could have been a fly on the wall:
The perfect place would have been in the Sox's dugout and clubhouse after rookie Sean Tracey failed to hit Texas slugger Hank Blalock in a retaliatory attempt. There's a considerable gap about what was said in the clubhouse and what was told to reporters, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sean Tracey is pitching for another organization next spring.

www.chicagosports.com (http://www.chicagosports.com)

Is not hitting an opposing player grounds for trading/releasing a pitcher within this organization? If it is does that mean that Garland might be out too?

Is this a KW issue backed by Guillen, or did Guillen initiate this action only to have KW back it?

Tragg
12-16-2006, 06:44 AM
Ozzie's BS and his ego didn't help this team a lick last year. What Williams needs to do is to tell Ozzie to stop it amd return his ego to where it was in 2005.
And Vasquez can do his own dirty work if it needs to be done, which it doesn't.
Showalter dragged Ozzie into these petty fights, and Ozzie fell for it every time.

southside rocks
12-16-2006, 07:33 AM
The Tribune seems to be frantically trying to boost interest in the Cubs this winter.

In order to do that, the Trib writers need to rip the Sox, which they have been doing pretty gleefully this past month or so.

This is more of that, going back to an incident from last summer because the writer has no good sources or better information for CURRENT topics.

In other words -- it's from the Trib, therefore it's suspect at best and downright crap at worst. Why even read it?

And by the way, the link you posted doesn't lead to any story with that quote that I could find. Maybe it was moved since you linked?

DickAllen72
12-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Tracey is gone??? :?:

Taliesinrk
12-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Tracey is gone??? :?:

yeah.. that title is a bit deceiving..

Domeshot17
12-16-2006, 11:14 PM
would anyone really care if Tracey WAS traded?

I really am not a fan of Traceys and its not because of the Blaylock incident, but more his Rick Ankiel impersonation every time he came in during september