PDA

View Full Version : ESPN year in review, 2006

Frontman
12-14-2006, 09:34 PM
I saw this DVD at Wal-mart for 9 bucks. I figured what the hell.

It's the usual YIR stuff. Top ten plays got interesting.

#3 were "amazing catches," yet no sign of either Crede's hacky sack off the tarp or Iguchi going Matrix. HOWEVER

#1 on the list

Wait for it

Aaron Rowand breaking his nose against the outfield wall.

If that wasn't reason enough for him to be traded back to the Sox, nothing will get him back!!!

I will say this. The DVD has this year's "This is Sportscenter" commercials, minus of course Ozzies. But if you enjoy the "This is" commercials, I recommend picking it up.

Front

CWSpalehoseCWS
12-14-2006, 10:11 PM
#3 were "amazing catches," yet no sign of either Crede's hacky sack off the tarp or Iguchi going Matrix.

:whiner:

They never get what they deserve...

FedEx227
12-14-2006, 10:29 PM
I'd venture to guess that one of the top plays was Jeter jump-throwing to first base.

SOXPHILE
12-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Hmmm...I wonder if any of them will be some late inning, or walk off homerun by a Red Sock or a Yankee, (David Ortiz, Jason Giambi, Manny Ramirez, derek Jeter, etc.)

Whitesox029
12-14-2006, 11:23 PM
#1 on the list
Wait for it
Aaron Rowand breaking his nose against the outfield wall.

Front
Well Iguchi's wasn't technically a catch... Crede's was pretty amazing...But you're going to tell me Gary Matthews' spider-man move in straight-away center was #1?? Some people were calling that the catch of the decade.

Frontman
12-15-2006, 01:14 AM
Well Iguchi's wasn't technically a catch... Crede's was pretty amazing...But you're going to tell me Gary Matthews' spider-man move in straight-away center was #1?? Some people were calling that the catch of the decade.

No, Matthew's catch was lumped in with the #3 "awesome catches," which was his, some high school kid (which was awesome, it was a VERY tough catch) then one from the BoSox center fielder.

Matthew's was robbed on that one. If that doesn't make the final shot of the highlight reel for the year, its a shame. (Although, anyone remember who had the final shot on last year's ESPN year in review highlight reel? Here's a hint. It wasn't a play.)

FYI, it was a top ten list across all sports. #10 for example was the two hole-in-one shots from the Ryder cup. The gadget play from the Superbowl was also on the list.

Front

EDIT:

Actually, the "amazing catches" were #6 on the list. #3 was the Gadget play from Superbowl XL. After watching Crash's catch, it shouldn't be even on the list. He could of avoided the slam into the fence face first. At certain angles, it looks like he jumps forward to make contact.

Front