PDA

View Full Version : OK, now I believe it


Vsahajpal
03-09-2002, 12:04 AM
Maybe I'm jaded, but I never really believed the media was that biased...Sox beat writer Paul Sullivan writes about Mark Prior. I was hoping to read more about Willie Harris, but not today; that just sucks.

http://www.chicagosports.com/whitesox/content/story/0,1984,177189,00.html

Daver
03-09-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Maybe I'm jaded, but I never really believed the media was that biased...Sox beat writer Paul Sullivan writes about Mark Prior. I was hoping to read more about Willie Harris, but not today; that just sucks.

http://www.chicagosports.com/whitesox/content/story/0,1984,177189,00.html

Vic,welcome to our world,in the media's eye it is a sCrUBS town.:redneck

doublem23
03-09-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by daver


Vic,welcome to our world,in the media's eye it is a sCrUBS town.:redneck

Who wants to read about the Sox anyways??? :angry:

Vsahajpal
03-09-2002, 12:16 AM
Ok, maybe I was a bit too harsh, Greenstein is in Mesa watching the A team play the Brewers, so someone had to report on the other game for the Cubs, but I wish there was more on Willie Harris. Chris Singleton??? What a steal for the Sox.

Daver
03-09-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Ok, maybe I was a bit too harsh, Greenstein is in Mesa watching the A team play the Brewers, so someone had to report on the other game for the Cubs, but I wish there was more on Willie Harris. Chris Singleton??? What a steal for the Sox.

SSHHHHHH! don't say that,everyone thinks Kenny is an idiot.

doublem23
03-09-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by daver
SSHHHHHH! don't say that,everyone thinks Kenny is an idiot.

LOL! I have been one of the vocal about Kenny Williams and his incompetence, but I will give him credit where credit is due. Getting Willie Harris for Chris Singleton... Wow... Not that the Orioles are the most intelligent organization, but as a Sox fan, I'll take my victories when I can get them!

Nice job, Kenny. Now don't do anything dumb.

:KW
Darin Erstad for Jon Garland, Mark Buehrle, Joe Borchard, and Jon Rauch? Ha! I duped these Angels.

DrCrawdad
03-09-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Maybe I'm jaded, but I never really believed the media was that biased...Sox beat writer Paul Sullivan writes about Mark Prior. I was hoping to read more about Willie Harris, but not today; that just sucks.

http://www.chicagosports.com/whitesox/content/story/0,1984,177189,00.html

Hey, when you work at the Tribune your first duty is to make the company money.

Normally whiffing Frank Thomas, one of the best hitters in baseball, would be a quite an accomplishment. But seeing that Frank is hitting .167 so far this spring, I don't know how much K'ing Frank means.

That said Frank was quite effusive in his praise for Prior. However, Frank was also praising Garland earlier this spring.

I hope Frank is correct in his assessment of Cubbie pitching draftees. Well at least in his assessment of Garland.
:)-

DrCrawdad
03-09-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by doublem23


LOL! I have been one of the vocal about Kenny Williams and his incompetence, but I will give him credit where credit is due. Getting Willie Harris for Chris Singleton... Wow... Not that the Orioles are the most intelligent organization, but as a Sox fan, I'll take my victories when I can get them!

Nice job, Kenny. Now don't do anything dumb.

:KW
Darin Erstad for Jon Garland, Mark Buehrle, Joe Borchard, and Jon Rauch? Ha! I duped these Angels.

I'm glad about the Singleton for Harris. KW seems to have done well on the other small deals (Eyre for Glover, Bradford for Olivo) but he makes me stomach turn on these big trades.

For example compare today's box scores...

Lowe 4 IP 3 HITS 1 RUN 0 BB 3 SO 1 HR
Fogg 4 IP 1 HITS 1 RUN 0 BB 2 SO 1 HR
Ritchie 4 IP 6 HITS 5 RUNS 2 BB 1 SO 0 HR

God, I hope he got the Wells/Lowe/Fogg for Ritchie trade right.

- DrCrawdad.

RedPinStripes
03-09-2002, 05:50 AM
CREDE WATCH: Joe Crede doubled and raised his spring average to .529.

And he still has no chance. *** does he have to do?



:crede

"Die royce die!!!!"

DrCrawdad
03-09-2002, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
And he still has no chance. *** does he have to do?

Eat Royce's contract.

RichH55
03-10-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


And he still has no chance. *** does he have to do?



:crede

"Die royce die!!!!"


Banana enema?