PDA

View Full Version : Nats trade Vidro to M's

palehozenychicty
12-14-2006, 12:31 PM
linkee (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6270798)

I guess this makes Jim Bowden not the worst GM anymore, but just pretty awful. How he moved Vidro is a miracle. :o:

DaleJRFan
12-14-2006, 12:32 PM
linkee (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6270798)

I guess this makes Jim Bowden not the worst GM anymore, but just pretty awful. How he moved Vidro is a miracle. :o:

When I saw this yesterday I wasn't really sure why anyone would want Vidro, especially Seattle. WHere's he gonna play?? DH??

palehozenychicty
12-14-2006, 12:33 PM
When I saw this yesterday I wasn't really sure why anyone would want Vidro, especially Seattle. WHere's he gonna play?? DH??

According to the report, yeah, since they already have Jose Lopez.

PicktoCLick72
12-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Maybe Seattle will use 5 infielders and only two outfielders. I mean Ichiro can cover a lot of ground.

Foulke You
12-14-2006, 12:43 PM
When I think of DHs, Vidro doesn't really come to mind. He really seems to be lacking in the power dept and isn't that something you always want your DH to have? This is a curious move by Seattle. They would have probably been better off making a run at Cliff Floyd, Moises Alou, Sean Casey or someone of that ilk for the DH spot.

Huisj
12-14-2006, 01:08 PM
When I think of DHs, Vidro doesn't really come to mind. He really seems to be lacking in the power dept and isn't that something you always want your DH to have? This is a curious move by Seattle. They would have probably been better off making a run at Cliff Floyd, Moises Alou, Sean Casey or someone of that ilk for the DH spot.

Alou and Casey both signed pretty quickly, so they were pretty much out of the question for them. I agree that Vidro seems like a sort of odd DH, but maybe they think that if he's out of the field he won't have ill effects from the knee problems that have slowed him badly the last few years, and he'll return to being more productive like he was a few years ago in Montrael.

As a side note, you know what's funny? When I hear anything about the Mariners, I still instantly picture them playing in the Kingdome with those sky blue walls and crappy turf. I can't think of any other team that when I think of them my first thought is them in their old stadium. I wonder why Safeco doesn't stick in my mind.

palehozenychicty
12-14-2006, 01:09 PM

Yes, they would've, but Bavasi/Hargrove are, dare we say, not a brilliant on-field combo. :D:

PennStater98r
12-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Maybe Seattle will use 5 infielders and only two outfielders. I mean Ichiro can cover a lot of ground.

Not if he's playing for the South Side next year - he won't be.