PDA

View Full Version : Rick Hahn

bigredrudy
12-13-2006, 06:38 PM
Rick Hahn was a guest on the Chicago Tribune Live show which is a sports show on Comcast. Did anyone see the show and if so what did Rick have to say. Thanks

delben91
12-13-2006, 06:56 PM
I believe he predicted the Sox would finish in 4th place.

oeo
12-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Various things about where the Sox stand. Just a very vague summary...
There has been a lot of interest in the six starters over the past year (no surprise)...it was just a matter of someone coming in with the right deal.
He talked about how they have high hopes for both Gavin and Gio.
He said that Gavin was listening to too many people in Philly, and he may just need a change of scenery.
Thinks Gio will be an impact player with the team by 2008 and maybe even before then.
The trade was not for payroll reasons; they feel that McCarthy can match Garcia next year, and they're now better off in 2008 and beyond.
Because of the trade, they now have some payroll flexibility (nothing we didn't know).
The organization and BA were both disappointed in his 2006 (no surprise).
They still think BA will be a very solid major league player, and whether it takes him time in Spring Training, or more seasoning in the minors, he's going to get another shot. He compared the opportunities to those of Crede and Rowand.
Also said not to worry about Crede, he isn't going anywhere as it stands right now. He said they already know how hard it can be to replace a third baseman like Crede...they've done it with Ventura before.
Also says that Fields will be a fine major league player, but again, it will be hard to fill Crede's shoes.
Thinks Pods never fully recovered from his injury, and should be back in 2007.
Feels Aardsma has a high ceiling.
They're not finished, there's still a lot of time and the bullpen is still their biggest priority.I'm sure I forgot some...it was about 20 minutes of talk.

BTW, why is this in WTS?

DaveIsHere
12-13-2006, 06:59 PM
OEO, thanks for the summary. I meant to watch it, but took the dog for a walk and missed Hahn.

veeter
12-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Actually, that was an excellent summary, oeo. I love the team of KW and Hahn. I know there are other important people, but those two really have a plan. I'm so happy I'm a Sox fan.

Hitmen77
12-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Wow! Excellent summary, oeo!

Sorry I missed it and it's too bad they don't rerun that show again later in the evening. That's all very encouraging to hear. Most of this shouldn't be a surprise, but after hearing all the naysaying in the press and even on by some posters on this site, it's good to hear directly from the Sox that they aren't just rebuilding.

EDIT: Comcast is reruning this show at 2:30 am. I'm setting my VCR.

lakeviewsoxfan
12-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Hahn will make an excellent GM one day. He does all KW's Dirty work.

oeo
12-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Actually, that was an excellent summary, oeo. I love the team of KW and Hahn. I know there are other important people, but those two really have a plan. I'm so happy I'm a Sox fan.

Well, it started out vague, at least. :smile:

DumpJerry
12-13-2006, 10:26 PM
Comcast is reruning this show at 2:30 am. I'm setting my VCR.
Forget that. Don't go to bed!

White Sox Randy
12-14-2006, 01:06 PM
Well, I have to admit that if he said that the bullpen is their highest priority then that makes me feel a little better

PaulDrake
12-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Various things about where the Sox stand. Just a very vague summary...

There has been a lot of interest in the six starters over the past year (no surprise)...it was just a matter of someone coming in with the right deal.
He talked about how they have high hopes for both Gavin and Gio.
He said that Gavin was listening to too many people in Philly, and he may just need a change of scenery.
Thinks Gio will be an impact player with the team by 2008 and maybe even before then.
The trade was not for payroll reasons; they feel that McCarthy can match Garcia next year, and they're now better off in 2008 and beyond.
Because of the trade, they now have some payroll flexibility (nothing we didn't know).
The organization and BA were both disappointed in his 2006 (no surprise).
They still think BA will be a very solid major league player, and whether it takes him time in Spring Training, or more seasoning in the minors, he's going to get another shot. He compared the opportunities to those of Crede and Rowand.
Also said not to worry about Crede, he isn't going anywhere as it stands right now. He said they already know how hard it can be to replace a third baseman like Crede...they've done it with Ventura before.
Also says that Fields will be a fine major league player, but again, it will be hard to fill Crede's shoes.
Thinks Pods never fully recovered from his injury, and should be back in 2007.
Feels Aardsma has a high ceiling.
They're not finished, there's still a lot of time and the bullpen is still their biggest priority.I'm sure I forgot some...it was about 20 minutes of talk.

BTW, why is this in WTS? Great recap. I strongly agree with the Crede, Podsednik, Aarsdma and bullpen comments. As of the this moment I like Gio a lot more than Floyd. I'm not particularly enthusiastic about McCarthy either. When does spring training start?