PDA

View Full Version : Was Freddy Hurt Last Year?

kidmccarthy
12-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Very interesting read from Philly. It explains alot, pretty much what alot of us figured... Interesting stuff about runners stealing all over him as well. Good luck Freddy, at this point you may need it.

LINK (http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/16227282.htm)

Goose
12-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Link does not work.

CLR01
12-13-2006, 03:21 PM
He pointed to the tendinitis in his pitching shoulder, flaws in his delivery and a lack of focus as reasons why opponents ran wild last season.

Big surprise there. So long big-game Freddy. :rolleyes:

INSox56
12-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Evidently "I feel fine, healthy" means "I have shoulder tendinitis and I am fatigued in spring training"

santo=dorf
12-13-2006, 05:54 PM
So an injured Garcia pitched as well as "the untouchable," "ace of our staff," and "young studs in the game" Jon Garland last year?

So why did we trade Freddy and keep Jon? :kukoo:

oeo
12-13-2006, 06:27 PM
So an injured Garcia pitched as well as "the untouchable," "ace of our staff," and "young studs in the game" Jon Garland last year?

So why did we trade Freddy and keep Jon? :kukoo:

Since you really seem to be endorsing Freddy...were you here doing the same during the season? I don't remember many people wanting him around for 2007 during the season...

Oh, and one other small thing...Freddy is a free agent after this year, we still have Garland locked up for two more years. I don't know about you, but it sounds like a no-brainer to me. :dunno:

Freddy's gone, get over it already.

santo=dorf
12-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Yes, I've defended Garcia all season long. He is one of my favorite pitchers. We still could've moved him at the deadline (like Seattle did,) and if not, we could've gotten a couple of draft picks by offering him arbitration.

Is 2007 Garcia + couple drafts pick > Gio and Floyd?

Looks like it at the moment, but the jury is still out.

DumpJerry
12-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Garcia is to 2007 as Rowand was to 2006.

People, get over it.

oeo
12-14-2006, 09:16 AM
Yes, I've defended Garcia all season long. He is one of my favorite pitchers. We still could've moved him at the deadline (like Seattle did,) and if not, we could've gotten a couple of draft picks by offering him arbitration.

Is 2007 Garcia + couple drafts pick > Gio and Floyd?

Looks like it at the moment, but the jury is still out.

Even at the moment I have to say no. The organization obviously feels very highly of Gio and Floyd...so there is something there. Kenny obviously felt like this was the highest value he could get for him, so why not take his word?

McCarthy can put up Garcia's 2006 numbers, and maybe better...we didn't lose anything in this trade. We will be just as good, and maybe better without Freddy, AND we're better off in 2008 and beyond, with what looks like could turn out to be a very nice, youthful rotation.

Garcia is to 2007 as Rowand was to 2006.

People, get over it.

Except in Rowand's case, he was actually a fan favorite...people liked him. There were not many people during the 2006 season that wanted Freddy back; now that he's gone, Kenny's a dumbass.

Myrtle72
12-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Except in Rowand's case, he was actually a fan favorite...people liked him. There were not many people during the 2006 season that wanted Freddy back; now that he's gone, Kenny's a dumbass.

Yeah, I agree. This is completely different than the Rowand situation because Freddy wasn't nearly as popular. I do find it interesting that all of a sudden Freddy has become hugely popular with White Sox fans when he really wasn't given much thought three weeks ago.

PaulDrake
12-14-2006, 09:58 AM
Yeah, I agree. This is completely different than the Rowand situation because Freddy wasn't nearly as popular. I do find it interesting that all of a sudden Freddy has become hugely popular with White Sox fans when he really wasn't given much thought three weeks ago. He was always popular with me. Yes he doesn't bring the intensity every game, and he has trouble holding runners on base. If he was able to do as well as he did last year despite tendonitis, tired arm or whatever I'm going to gamble and say he has a few more decent years left in him. He's been one of the more durable pitchers in the game.

oeo
12-14-2006, 10:12 AM
He was always popular with me. Yes he doesn't bring the intensity every game, and he has trouble holding runners on base. If he was able to do as well as he did last year despite tendonitis, tired arm or whatever I'm going to gamble and say he has a few more decent years left in him. He's been one of the more durable pitchers in the game.

The problem is, after Freddy's comments about not trying against weaker opponents, and totally sucking for the first five months, people wanted him out of here. Now, suddenly, Freddy fans are popping up everywhere, and now people want him back. :dunno:

goon
12-14-2006, 01:39 PM
i appreciate what freddy did for us in 2005, but it's time to let go, he's gone. whether or not you like what we got for him, well that is your opinion and we will have to see what happens next season and so on.

though, i don't remember ANYONE loving freddy april through august.

he was calling out position players for lack of "run support" when he was giving up 5 or 6 runs a game. he looked out of shape and even more disinterested in the game than usual. he had no concept of keeping runners on. mark pretty much collapsed, vazquez could never get past the 5th, but freddy was easily the most frustrating SP to watch last year until he started throwing a splitter in september.

PaulDrake
12-14-2006, 01:49 PM
freddy was easily the most frustrating SP to watch last year until he started throwing a splitter in september. Yes he was frustrating to watch. The splitter did help get him back on track but again, am I the only one that saw that fastball back in the low 90s with more consistency? I'm going to try to be done with this topic. Maybe his "tendonitis" or whatever was a passing thing, maybe it's a harbinger of more trouble to come. Maybe Gavin Floyd will make me forget all about my misgivings. I just think Freddy was worth more than what we got for him. I'd rather have him than Meche, Lilly, or Eaton.

maurice
12-14-2006, 01:53 PM
IMO, "tendinitis in his pitching shoulder" doesn't necessarily qualify as an "injury." It's unlikely that you can pitch 200+ innings in MLB every year and NOT have any tendinitis in your pitching shoulder . . . just as Michael Jordan and pretty much every lineman in the NFL have tendonitis in their knees. That's what ice is for.

ewokpelts
12-14-2006, 02:44 PM
no...he wasnt hurt...he was HIGH.....