PDA

View Full Version : Sox dump fireballer E. Sierra from roster

caulfield12
12-13-2006, 12:05 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-061212sox,1,5164977.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Prepare to scour the non-tender wires for back-up catcher, RH CF and relief help...

So much for this KW project, just shows you how fortunate we were with Jenks.

spiffie
12-13-2006, 12:50 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-061212sox,1,5164977.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Prepare to scour the non-tender wires for back-up catcher, RH CF and relief help...

So much for this KW project, just shows you how fortunate we were with Jenks.
But, but, but....I thought Don Cooper could make any pitcher great! He's COOP!

maurice
12-13-2006, 01:42 PM
What does Cooper have to do with Sierra? Sierra was a minor-league project that was likely to fail, as discussed repeatedly in WSI's minor-league forum. This was an obvious move.

BTW, does this actually free up a spot for an additional player or did KW need to make this move to fit in both Floyd and Gonzalez?

Hitmen77
12-13-2006, 01:45 PM
What does Cooper have to do with Sierra? Sierra was a minor-league project that was likely to fail, as discussed repeatedly in WSI's minor-league forum. This was an obvious move.

BTW, does this actually free up a spot for an additional player or did KW need to make this move to fit in both Floyd and Gonzalez?

It frees up a spot. They don't need to add Gio to the 40 man roster.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-061212sox,1,1220124.story?coll=chi-sportstop-hed

maurice
12-13-2006, 02:04 PM
It frees up a spot. They don't need to add Gio to the 40 man roster.

Thanks!

spiffie
12-13-2006, 02:37 PM

Realistically, he had nothing to do with him. Merely having some fun with the fact there is a segment of WSI that will post about any pitcher, no matter how poor they are, that all they need is Cooper to make them amazing.

chisoxmike
12-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Realistically, he had nothing to do with him. Merely having some fun with the fact there is a segment of WSI that will post about any pitcher, no matter how poor they are, that all they need is Cooper to make them amazing.

Yeah, there are a lot of people on here that think Cooper can just touch a pitcher's arm and they will become a excellent pitcher, no matter how ****ty they were in the past.

ChiSoxLifer
12-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Gawd, another cost cutting move? I can't wait to read about another salary dump in the Chicago rags. <~~~~ no teal.

Huisj
12-13-2006, 03:26 PM

I threw in the low 70s with a loopy curveball and bad control (not to mention an achy arm) in high school, but if Coop had been my coach, I'd be the opening day starter for the Brewers next year. I'm sure of it, it's just that my darn high school didn't have the sense to hire him.

Iguana775
12-13-2006, 03:30 PM

Coop is so good, he can make Jamie Navarro a Cy Young...

:redneck

Britt Burns
12-13-2006, 04:09 PM
Coop could have taught Jim parque to throw like Randy Johnson but with the control of Mark Buehrle.

Zisk77
12-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Now if Coop can just get Beurhle to throw withe the Control of Buerhle i'd be happy.:)

goon
12-13-2006, 05:15 PM
i know, i hate don cooper. what has he ever done for us anyway?

soxfanatlanta
12-13-2006, 08:35 PM
Coop is so good, he can make Jamie Navarro a Cy Young...

:redneck

Ok, you have taken that waaaaaay to far, man! :wink:

I think there are many non Coop koolaid drinkers out there, but we'd just be called dark clouds, and ridiculed.

goon
12-14-2006, 12:50 AM
Ok, you have taken that waaaaaay to far, man! :wink:

I think there are many non Coop koolaid drinkers out there, but we'd just be called dark clouds, and ridiculed.

meh. i think it's a case some people still bitter about the garcia trade . don cooper is a top 3 pitching coach imho, with duncan and mazzone. he's seemed to help pitchers that wanted to be helped or that were "fixable".

Nelson Foxtrot
12-14-2006, 04:38 AM
There was once a quadriplegic boy who dreamed of playing baseball. Within two weeks, Don Cooper got this young man on the mound. You may know him as Walter Johnson.

Does anybody know how closely Coop works with the minor league pitching coaches? I'm curious as to whether everybody's on the same page, allowed to do their own thing, or if the organization pushes them to focus on teaching different things at each level.

White Sox Randy
12-14-2006, 02:02 PM
he's a fireballer ! Why can't he be in our pen ? That's all we need are guys that throw hard.