PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Vance Law pic.....

Chisox_cali
03-08-2002, 08:36 PM
Just looking at that pic makes me think how much funnier it would be if those were the Sox Throwback Jerseys this year (Assuming they have that promotion this year) I've mentioned that I thought those would be funny for this year and that pic makes it even funnier. Hell I would kill to see Maggs or Buehrle or Frank dressed in those god awful jersey's. How freakin' funny would that be? :D:

Soxheads
03-08-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Just looking at that pic makes me think how much funnier it would be if those were the Sox Throwback Jerseys this year (Assuming they have that promotion this year) I've mentioned that I thought those would be funny for this year and that pic makes it even funnier. Hell I would kill to see Maggs or Buehrle or Frank dressed in those god awful jersey's. How freakin' funny would that be? :D:

That'd be pretty freakin' funny! :)

Jerry_Manuel
03-08-2002, 08:42 PM
(Assuming they have that promotion this year)

The 1917 jersey's were just for the team's anniversary.

ihatethecubs
03-08-2002, 08:45 PM
in 2000 i was at "80's night" (it was harolds first game back at comiskey), they just played 80s music and fans were supposed to dress in 80s clothes, it was a lame promotion, but the scoreboard graphics people used the sox players scoreboard pictures and digitally put the 80s unis on them. i think herbert perry's looked the funniest

Soxheads
03-08-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Well it would be the 15th anniversary.....

VeeckAsInWreck
03-08-2002, 08:49 PM

I don't know if Gallas and crew have a throwback for this year but I would like to see the team wear the Red Pinstripes on Sundays to commemorate the 1972 Sox. An Old timers game would be cool too!

Jerry_Manuel
03-08-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
I don't know if Gallas and crew have a throwback for this year

Gallas is a boob.

Just wanted to drop that in.

VeeckAsInWreck
03-08-2002, 09:14 PM

Gallas is a boob.

Just wanted to drop that in.

Yeah I know. I've never hailed him a genius. But you'd think that maybe every now and then he'd do something we would all enjoy.
By the way that was good use of "boob". :smile:

Jerry_Manuel
03-08-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
But you'd think that maybe every now and then he'd do something we would all enjoy.

I don't think Gallas knows what we enjoy. I like Elvis night but other then that his ideas have been lame.

VeeckAsInWreck
03-08-2002, 09:28 PM

I don't think Gallas knows what we enjoy. I like Elvis night but other then that his ideas have been lame.

I agree with you on Elvis night. The flying Elvi rule! Other than that his last good idea may have been the turn back the clock game at Old Comiskey. Although I hear he's working on Vasectomy Night! :D:

Fisk72
03-09-2002, 12:15 AM
I'm not sure if any of you guys have caught this, but every time I happen to catch an Access Hollywood or Extra bit on Sean "P-diddy" Combs, I see him wearing the road '83 jersey. Great, now our old uniforms will start being associated with club shootings and I don't know what else.

VeeckAsInWreck
03-09-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Fisk72
I'm not sure if any of you guys have caught this, but every time I happen to catch an Access Hollywood or Extra bit on Sean "P-diddy" Combs, I see him wearing the road '83 jersey. Great, now our old uniforms will start being associated with club shootings and I don't know what else.

If there is another club shooting, The 10 O'clock news will say that Rudy Law was last seen shooting up a club. :D:

doublem23
03-09-2002, 12:29 AM

Uh...... The current Sox hat was a popular West Coast rap icon in the early 90s... Silver and black.

Who cares?

Any publicity is good, right?

Chisox_cali
03-09-2002, 12:29 AM

I've never seen P-Diddy wear anything but Yankee and Mets gear not Sox gear, But then again I dont follow Rap music at all so maybe he has and I just havent seen it.

Chisox_cali
03-09-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Uh...... The current Sox hat was a popular West Coast rap icon in the early 90s... Silver and black.

Who cares?

Any publicity is good, right?

And also I saw an old episode of SNL with Pearl Jam as the musical guest and Eddie Vedder was sporting a Sox hat. I think he was freinds with Jack McDowell at the time.

VeeckAsInWreck
03-09-2002, 12:39 AM

And also I saw an old episode of SNL with Pearl Jam as the musical guest and Eddie Vedder was sporting a Sox hat. I think he was freinds with Jack McDowell at the time.

Guys, let's not forget that Sox players are a woman's best friend! :cool:
:marilyn
"Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio..."

AsInWreck
03-09-2002, 05:51 PM

I've never seen P-Diddy wear anything but Yankee and Mets gear not Sox gear, But then again I dont follow Rap music at all so maybe he has and I just havent seen it.

I've seen it in a video, i can't remember which one, but i think his back-up dancers were wearing the 80s road unis

ihatethecubs
03-09-2002, 05:58 PM

also in one of r kelly's videos he is wearing a sox hat and theres one of his boys in the video wearing the 83 jersey and hat.