PDA

View Full Version : Is this a plausible team plan and would we win with it ?

White Sox Randy
12-12-2006, 02:09 PM
1. Sign a veteran lefty reliever.

2. Sign a veteran backup catcher - hits RH not named Alomar.

3. Trade Buehrle to Houston for Hirsh and Ensberg. Keep Fields and start him in Charlotte with the plan to ease him into taking over 3rd in the next couple of years. If we have to trade Garland here then do it.

4. Trade Crede to the Angels for Lackey or Santana or to another team for a similar type pitcher to be our 5th starter.

5. Trade Hirsh to Tampa Bay for Baldelli. If we can extend Dye for a few years then we have an outfield of Sweeney, Dye, Baldelli and Anderson. If not, we keep Owens as the 4th OFer.

Doesn't this solve our problems ? Our payroll should remain the same. We keep our prospects. What do you think ?

Ol' No. 2
12-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Are you in some kind of contest to see who can start the most redundant threads?

Flight #24
12-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Your trades net out to Crede+Garland for Baldelli+Lackey/Santana+Ensberg, which I suppose is OK.

Still, I have a hard time getting rid of Crede.

Scottiehaswheels
12-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Well #3 is a big problem... Houston knows if they trade for Mark they get him for 1 year, hence not willing to trade their 3B and top pitching prosect for him... He won't sign an extension I'm quite sure to pitch against his childhood team in the same division... The rest of your scenario falls apart from there on..

kittle42
12-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Are you in some kind of contest to see who can start the most redundant threads?

If so, he's only competing against himself, so I guess he wins.

These are about as bad as the "trade Gload for Pujlos" type threads at this point.

ondafarm
12-12-2006, 03:57 PM

I believe we have a winner!! Or a whiner. . .