PDA

View Full Version : Someone please tell me how Jeremy Reed is better than BA ?

White Sox Randy
12-12-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm reading that Texas and Oakland asked Seattle about Reed.

Seattle asked for Danks and Blanton respectively. How is this possible ?

Could BA bring either of those pitchers in return ?

It seems to me the differences between the 2 are that BA has more power and Reed hits for higher average. Defense is the same. They run the same. Neither walks much.

Is Reed really better ?

SABRSox
12-12-2006, 01:10 PM

It seems to me the differences between the 2 are that BA has more power and Reed hits for higher average. Defense is the same. They run the same. Neither walks much.

Is Reed really better ?

I think that has more to do with Bavasi not having any idea what he is doing than Reed being more valuable than BA.

EMachine10
12-12-2006, 01:23 PM
exactly. i don't think bavasi know's left from right. but anyway, we can look back at this post after this year, when anderson will have about equal time as reed. i'd say anderson will ultimately be a more well rounded player anyway

maurice
12-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Seattle asked for Danks and Blanton respectively. How is this possible?

It's possible, because you're free to ask for whatever you want. I can ask for $1 mil. in exchange for this used paperclip, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna get it.

White Sox Randy
12-12-2006, 02:01 PM
I know that a deal hasn't been consummated but even during the season I heard that the Red Sox were inquiring about Reed as their CFer.

He just seems to be getting more respect than Brian and I don't understand that. Hopefully this season will put things to rest for the Anderson doubters.

johnnyg83
12-12-2006, 02:05 PM
It's possible, because you're free to ask for whatever you want. I can ask for $1 mil. in exchange for this used paperclip, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna get it.

what's the paper clip's OBP?

maurice
12-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Nah, you just missed the articles saying that Anderson drew interest from the Rangers, Marlins, and Fish.

SouthSide_HitMen
12-12-2006, 02:18 PM

You're just not very persuasive (http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/).

I don't think Jeremy Reed is necessarily better than Brian Anderson. I think Brian Anderson has the potential to be a better player, but that doesn't mean he necessarily will be.

They are similar ballplayers. Hopefully Brian Anderson will get the playing time Jeremy has received in order to see what kind of player he is. Ozzie's feeling toward Brian may be the most difficult obstacle for him to overcome.

Huisj
12-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Reed hit .217 last year. Ouch. I didn't realize he struggled that bad. I guess he had a wrist injury early on though, didn't he.

And he hit .400 like 5 years ago in AA! Superstar!

Jjav829
12-12-2006, 02:49 PM

Is Reed really better ?

Just because a GM makes some half-assed offer doesn't mean the player is worth that. Coco Crisp is not worth Mark Buehrle, regardless of what Theo offered. Just the same, if the Cardinals asked about Mark Buehrle and KW responded by asking for Albert Pujols, that doesn't mean Pujols has the same value as Buehrle.

Zisk77
12-12-2006, 03:22 PM

i'll give you 4 mil. for it - Jim Hendry.

Frater Perdurabo
12-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Anderson covers far more territory in CF than Reed.

Daver
12-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Anderson covers far more territory in CF than Reed.

He should.

Jeremy Reed is a converted first baseman.

Frater Perdurabo
12-12-2006, 09:09 PM
He should.

Jeremy Reed is a converted first baseman.

I thought I remembered reading this in a scouting report that you and Randar compiled several years ago.

Actual question: So why was Reed converted to CF?

Rhetorical question: Why would anyone make the following statement comparing Reed and Anderson?

:o: Defense is the same :o:

Daver
12-12-2006, 09:32 PM
I thought I remembered reading this in a scouting report that you and Randar compiled several years ago.

Actual question: So why was Reed converted to CF?

He was a pitcher in HS, but his bat was good, so he was also used at first base, he was converted to an outfielder after being drafted. He played mostly left, and was used as a CFer in Charlotte, because the outfield is relatively small there.

balke
03-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Reed is headed to the minors this season to "Find himself". Ichiro is taking over CF duties. Anderson is better defensively, and hopefully he just gets to swingin, and he'll be the envy of the Central. I'm really pullin for getting Anderson playing time this season. One of these Sox prospects has gotta work out, discounting Mccarthy its been forever since the Sox had a position player produce for the team.

PaulDrake
03-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Ozzie's feeling toward Brian may be the most difficult obstacle for him to overcome. I don't know if Ozzie will ever like this kid, no matter what he does.

ondafarm
03-09-2007, 04:53 PM
He was a pitcher in HS, but his bat was good, so he was also used at first base, he was converted to an outfielder after being drafted. He played mostly left, and was used as a CFer in Charlotte, because the outfield is relatively small there.

I saw both Anderson and Reed play in Charlotte and Anderson was the far better fielder. IIRC, Anderson has been an OF for a very long time, was in high school at least. Reed being a good athlete and good hitter was, as typical handed a position for a good hitter 1B, to keep his bat in the lineup. Reed at Charlotte was more the corner outfield type, but had good speed. So naturally Seattle thought he could go to CF.

FarWestChicago
03-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Reed is headed to the minors this season to "Find himself".This is just ridiculous. Jeremy Reed is a lead pipe, lock, first ballot hall of famer. Everybody knows that. This is a travesty. :o:

MisterB
03-09-2007, 07:41 PM
This is just ridiculous. Jeremy Reed is a lead pipe, lock, first ballot hall of famer. Everybody knows that. This is a travesty. :o:

And in other news, Jimmy Reed is still dead.

http://blogsimages.skynet.be/images/000/391/127_jimmy%20reed.jpg

ondafarm
03-10-2007, 12:02 AM
This is just ridiculous. Jeremy Reed is a lead pipe, lock, first ballot hall of famer. Everybody knows that. This is a travesty. :o:

Where are the Teal Police when you need them?

monkeypants
03-10-2007, 12:21 AM
Where are the Teal Police when you need them?

They weren't available because their retinas were burned out.

jabrch
03-10-2007, 12:33 AM

Worst.trade.ever.

IndianWhiteSox
03-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Reed is headed to the minors this season to "Find himself". Ichiro is taking over CF duties. Anderson is better defensively, and hopefully he just gets to swingin, and he'll be the envy of the Central. I'm really pullin for getting Anderson playing time this season. One of these Sox prospects has gotta work out, discounting Mccarthy its been forever since the Sox had a position player produce for the team.

Boy, Kenny really got screwed in that Freddy Garcia trade! Giving up two future Hall of Famers and replacing them with two career minor leaguers.

(my reaction):angry: (my reaction)

jabrch
03-14-2007, 04:11 PM
One of these Sox prospects has gotta work out, discounting Mccarthy its been forever since the Sox had a position player produce for the team.

Crede

balke
03-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Crede

Oh yeah. Forgot. Still its about time for someone else to come through.

Tragg
03-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Oh yeah. Forgot. Still its about time for someone else to come through.

What!
You better tread carefully on this thread, then....

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85021