caulfield12
12-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Erstad
Finley
Ricky Ledee
Shannon Stewart
Preston Wilson
Eric Young

Would any of these guys sign with the White Sox as a back-up to BA, for under $5 million per season (or with incentives, which doesn't make sense if they might not play much) and MIGHT be an adequate replacement for BA to get 200-400 regular AB's in a season?

This is pretty much what's left.

KW has always liked Erstad, but he's a shadow of his former self. Same with S. Stewart, who's simply not a CFer (and no, I don't want to move Pods to CF).

Eric Young might be the best option, which isn't saying much. I've always liked Ledee, but not getting more than 125-150 AB's or regular playing time.

You have Cliff Floyd, Hollandsworth, Klesko and Rondell White, but that would require moving Pods to CF or Pods platooning with Anderson in CF???

Floyd MIGHT be of interest here, could be a fit because of his hometown ties. But everyone has rumored Cliff for the Cubbies.

White Sox Randy
12-12-2006, 11:22 AM
Any outfielder that the Sox add has to be able to play a good CF.

I think that KW is aware of this and why the Houston trade is still alive - Taveras IMO.

cws05champ
12-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Erstad
Finley
Ricky Ledee
Shannon Stewart
Preston Wilson
Eric Young

Would any of these guys sign with the White Sox as a back-up to BA, for under $5 million per season (or with incentives, which doesn't make sense if they might not play much) and MIGHT be an adequate replacement for BA to get 200-400 regular AB's in a season?

This is pretty much what's left.

KW has always liked Erstad, but he's a shadow of his former self. Same with S. Stewart, who's simply not a CFer (and no, I don't want to move Pods to CF).

Eric Young might be the best option, which isn't saying much. I've always liked Ledee, but not getting more than 125-150 AB's or regular playing time.

You have Cliff Floyd, Hollandsworth, Klesko and Rondell White, but that would require moving Pods to CF or Pods platooning with Anderson in CF???

Floyd MIGHT be of interest here, could be a fit because of his hometown ties. But everyone has rumored Cliff for the Cubbies.

Signing ANY of these guys would be a mistake IMHO. I would rather see what we have in sweeney as a backup than have any of these guys as backups at $2-5 Mil/per.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Cliff Floyd is a FA as well.