PDA

View Full Version : Peter Gammons: Predictions and more!

HawkDJ
03-08-2002, 05:42 PM
Predictions and more from everyone's favorite, Peter Gammons.

:boston

Predictions:
AL East- Yankees
AL Central- Twins
AL West- Mariners
AL Wild Card- A's

NL East- Mets
NL Central- Cardinals
NL West- Giants
NL Wildcard- Astros

AL Champ- A's
NL Champ- Cardinals

World Series- Cardinals

There are also some blurbs on every team. Here is the White Sox:

The number to remember from the White Sox 2001 season: 1,197 as in the number of man-games lost to injury. More numbers: 83-79, a damn fine record considering Frank Thomas, David Wells, Jim Parque, Jon Rauch (minor league Player of the Year), Kelly Wunsch, Antonio Osuna, Bobby Howry, Lorenzo Barcelo and Rocky Biddle all were hurt. "They could have quit, and they didn't," says GM Ken Williams. New to Chicago is Kenny Lofton. Is his career over? Williams doesn't think so. Even a so-so year from Lofton is a leadoff upgrade from what they had. The star and leader of this team is Magglio Ordonez, a .300/30/100 player three years in a row. Now he has Thomas, Paul Konerko, Jose Valentin and Carlos Lee around him. Deep? Lee is penciled into the No.7 hold, and he might provide 30/100. The best thing about the Sox, though, is the pitching. Frontliner Mark Buehrle and Todd Ritchie make a nice 1-2. Parque is healthy. And decent years from Jon Garland, Gary Glover and Danny Wright would lead them back on top.

RedPinStripes
03-08-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

Predictions:
AL East- Yankees
AL Central- Twins
AL West- Mariners
AL Wild Card- A's

NL East- Mets
NL Central- Cardinals
NL West- Giants
NL Wildcard- Astros

AL Champ- A's
NL Champ- Cardinals

World Series- Cardinals

The number to remember from the White Sox 2001 season: 1,197 as in the number of man-games lost to injury. More numbers: 83-79, a damn fine record considering Frank Thomas, David Wells, Jim Parque, Jon Rauch (minor league Player of the Year), Kelly Wunsch, Antonio Osuna, Bobby Howry, Lorenzo Barcelo and Rocky Biddle all were hurt. "They could have quit, and they didn't," says GM Ken Williams. New to Chicago is Kenny Lofton. Is his career over? Williams doesn't think so. Even a so-so year from Lofton is a leadoff upgrade from what they had. The star and leader of this team is Magglio Ordonez, a .300/30/100 player three years in a row. Now he has Thomas, Paul Konerko, Jose Valentin and Carlos Lee around him. Deep? Lee is penciled into the No.7 hold, and he might provide 30/100. The best thing about the Sox, though, is the pitching. Frontliner Mark Buehrle and Todd Ritchie make a nice 1-2. Parque is healthy. And decent years from Jon Garland, Gary Glover and Danny Wright would lead them back on top.

So why the hell is he picking the twinkies?

"It's closer to New York and Boston?"

Soxheads
03-08-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

Predictions:
AL East- Yankees
AL Central- Twins
AL West- Mariners
AL Wild Card- A's

NL East- Mets
NL Central- Cardinals
NL West- Giants
NL Wildcard- Astros

AL Champ- A's
NL Champ- Cardinals

World Series- Cardinals

Bastard.

KempersRS
03-08-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

So why the hell is he picking the twinkies?

Cause he is a moron. Saying that the best thing about the Sox is the pitching is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard about the 2002 Sox yet.

RedPinStripes
03-08-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

Cause he is a moron. Saying that the best thing about the Sox is the pitching is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard about the 2002 Sox yet.

That's the part that makes no sense at all. He explains the Sox as one of the most feared Offensive linups around and then says the best part about them is pitching. If this is so, how do they not win the Central and go to the series. If the Sox had a pitching staff, I would pick them to go to the series. There would have to be a lot of miricles on the recovery side and about 4 pitchers really stepping up like Burehle did. How do some of these guys get paid for crap like this? I can be more accurate then this idiot.

VeeckAsInWreck
03-08-2002, 06:56 PM
If he thought the Sox pitching was good, what the hell was his blurb about the twinkies?

"The staff of the Twins is full of Gods, How do you split up a Cy-Young award 5 different ways?"

Bmr31
03-08-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

Peter Gammons is absolutely clueless about baseball and i have no idea why Espn would pay him.....

RedPinStripes
03-08-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

Peter Gammons is absolutely clueless about baseball and i have no idea why Espn would pay him.....

"Because I love Boston and Giambi. Just have to kiss a little ass with the east coast baseball network"

AsInWreck
03-08-2002, 07:39 PM
One thing you have to like is he picks the Cards in the NL Central and the Astros for the WC - no blue-rock for Ol' Petey boy

Honestly, I can't see how someone can look at the Cards roster and in his right mind pick the cubs to win the division

Bmr31
03-08-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by AsInWreck
One thing you have to like is he picks the Cards in the NL Central and the Astros for the WC - no blue-rock for Ol' Petey boy

Honestly, I can't see how someone can look at the Cards roster and in his right mind pick the cubs to win the division

youre right, the cubs dont compare to the cards. Wait until JD Drew realizes his full potential. LOOK OUT!!

PaleHoseGeorge
03-08-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

I agree. In fact, Gammons picking us behind the Twinkies is the best reason I've seen yet to be optimistic for the 2002 season. If Gammons doesn't think the Sox have got what it takes, we're probably a lock for the division.

"I only really care about the AL East. The rest of that stuff I just made up."

VeeckAsInWreck
03-08-2002, 08:53 PM
Does anyone out here know how he did last year with his picks?

:cleo
"Don't listen to Gammons, He's cheating on you girlfriend"

Jerry_Manuel
03-08-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
Does anyone out here know how he did last year with his picks?

I do.

Last year Gammons picked:

AL East: Yankees
AL Central: Jndjans
AL West: A's
AL Wild Card: White Sox

NL East: Mets
NL Central: St. Louis
NL West: LA
NL Wild Card: Astros

WS: Cardinals over Jndjans

VeeckAsInWreck
03-08-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I do.

Last year Gammons picked:

AL East: Yankees
AL Central: Jndjans
AL West: A's
AL Wild Card: White Sox

NL East: Mets
NL Central: St. Louis
NL West: LA
NL Wild Card: Astros

WS: Cardinals over Jndjans

Thanks JM, I guess we should take all our money to Vegas huh?
:cleo
"I picked the D'Backs last year and this year I pick a team on the south side of a city that is very windy......that's all I can say for now"

Bmr31
03-08-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

I agree. In fact, Gammons picking us behind the Twinkies is the best reason I've seen yet to be optimistic for the 2002 season. If Gammons doesn't think the Sox have got what it takes, we're probably a lock for the division.

"I only really care about the AL East. The rest of that stuff I just made up."

lol i was thinking the same thing......

CubKilla
03-08-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

That's the part that makes no sense at all. He explains the Sox as one of the most feared Offensive linups around and then says the best part about them is pitching. If this is so, how do they not win the Central and go to the series. If the Sox had a pitching staff, I would pick them to go to the series. There would have to be a lot of miricles on the recovery side and about 4 pitchers really stepping up like Burehle did. How do some of these guys get paid for crap like this? I can be more accurate then this idiot.

Can I just add that I agree.

RedPinStripes
03-09-2002, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow

Can I just add that I agree.

Occasionally i make sensable posts. lol

NUKE_CLEVELAND
03-09-2002, 04:56 PM
More stupidity from one of the dumbest baseball analysts alive today. This man is a fool & is far too biased to be on television.

I can think of only one man dumber than this jackass......

:moron "You know you all love me."