PDA

View Full Version : Angels ink Oliver to one year deal

DaleJRFan
12-11-2006, 01:43 PM
One year deal + option for 2008.

Would have been a nice addition to the Sox bullpen, especially considering its a one year deal for a seemingly reasonable salary...

It's believed the total package could be worth $3.5 million if the option year vests.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2694164

kittle42
12-11-2006, 01:48 PM
I don't care what his numbers were last year, Darren Oliver sucks.

The Immigrant
12-11-2006, 02:01 PM

I would take an established MLB reliever over Logan, Montero or Tracey any day of the week and twice on Sunday, even if he sucks.

palehozenychicty
12-11-2006, 02:05 PM
It wouldn't have been a horrible signing at all. At least he has a proven track record of inconsistency. He threw really well for the Mets last year.

DaleJRFan
12-11-2006, 02:39 PM
It wouldn't have been a horrible signing at all. At least he has a proven track record of inconsistency. He threw really well for the Mets last year.

If Ozzie can manage his bullpen effectively and would be using him strictly in a loogy role, he'd be a good addition, as his numbers vs lefties were very good over the past few seasons.

He may end up like JC Romero though, being left in to face righties and get hammered...

The Critic
12-12-2006, 07:26 AM
I would take an established MLB reliever over Logan, Montero or Tracey any day of the week and twice on Sunday, even if he sucks.
Are Mike Jackson and Jose Paniagua still available?
:D:

soxinem1
12-12-2006, 08:17 AM

As a reliever he has always been stellar. It was making him a starter that was a mistake. I cannot believe he lasted as a starter as long as he did.

But for what they paid him, we could have done that.

Looks like J.C. Romero might be Coop's latest reclaimation project. I don't think there are any FA LHRP left.