PDA

View Full Version : The Brooks Boyer Appreciation Thread

MinnySoxFan
12-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Any comments about him or any good stories please do tell.

Domeshot17
12-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Is Brooks leaving, or is this just a thank you Brooks for being Brooks thread?

He gave me a ton of advice about breaking into the world of sports marketing throught email!

MinnySoxFan
12-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Is Brooks leaving, or is this just a thank you Brooks for being Brooks thread?

He gave me a ton of advice about breaking into the world of sports marketing throught email!

It's a thank you for being you thread.

Jerko
12-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Well we should at least get his name right then.... Broyer????? :o:

chisoxmike
12-11-2006, 12:08 PM
It's a thank you for being you thread.

How cute, you guys are still in the "honeymoon" stage of the relationship uh?:tongue:

MinnySoxFan
12-11-2006, 12:08 PM

I always call him that.

Hitmen77
12-11-2006, 12:22 PM
I saw the thread title and I thought that Brooks had quit. :o: Whew!

What can I say, he's been great. The turnaround in the Sox being able to market themselves was evident even before we won the World Series.

skobabe8
12-11-2006, 01:59 PM
I dont know how he manages to respond to seemingly every email thats sent to him. Thanks for that, Brooks!

Palehose13
12-11-2006, 02:02 PM

Fixed.

Brooks is a great guy. He really does listen to the fans.

I would like to add that TwoByFour is awesome as well.

hi im skot
12-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Fixed.

Brooks is a great guy. He really does listen to the fans.

I would like to add that TwoByFour is awesome as well.

Agreed!

:bandance:

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-11-2006, 05:33 PM
I thought maybe he resigned. Or re-signed. Or something.

FedEx227
12-11-2006, 05:42 PM
I dont know how he manages to respond to seemingly every email thats sent to him. Thanks for that, Brooks!

Truth. I was doing a research paper on Baseball's Impact on America and vice versa, he got back to me quite promptly and did all he could to help me. Add in the fact he puts on a great show every day out there at the Cell...

Brooks is the man!

buehrle4cy05
12-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Brooks is the man. He always responds quickly to my emails and never leaves me with more questions.

sox84
12-11-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm one of those who really had my fill of lousy customer relations and then some, with Gallas 10 years ago, to the point that I stopped coming to games and paid minimum attention even watching or listening. When I did come back, the difference was night and day. They really are doing a top notch A-1 job all around on a fan friendly 'we care' atmosphere.

SOecks
12-12-2006, 01:23 AM
I sent quite a few email complaints to him last year about the radio team of Farmer/Singleton and he replied to me with a personally written email each time. It wasn't some bs canned email either. It specifically addressed the complaints I was making. Nothing but good things to say about Brooks.

Harry Potter
12-12-2006, 01:33 AM
:threadsucks

Save the appreciation threads for those actually leaving the Sox organization

soxfanreggie
12-16-2006, 10:26 PM
I read this and was like...what the heck, he was on the team page last night. Weird to have one of these threads for someone not leaving...:?:

jamokes
12-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Brooks will give you time and that is very important, but most of all with Brooks is the fact that he is a NOTRE DAME GRAD!!!!!

And Brooks doesn't like all the pounding ND takes here!

Wsoxmike59
12-17-2006, 08:41 AM
I've emailed Brooks a few times over the years, and yes he does take time and responds to fans' email questions.

A couple years ago I emailed Brooks and I addressed the fact that we had one of the best Jumbo Trons in all of sports, and yet we ran so few replays on the board!

I told him there are times when you miss a play by either talking with someone during the game, or somebody around you got up to buy a beer or hot dog.

I said that almost half to 75% the plays are replayed on regular TV, why not at least that many at the game? I told him replays add to the fans' enjoyment of the game. Even if it's a routine grounder to SS, I want to see it again.

Also if the opposition makes an outstanding play on defense, show it again. Don't be so "corporate" in your thinking that if a great play happened against the Sox that it shouldn't be shown. Honest, we Sox fans can handle it. We're tough.

Brooks thanked me for my input, and I noticed the following season there were a lot more replays shown on the Jumbo Tron than in years past.

Mike

South Side Irish
12-20-2006, 10:27 PM
:threadsucks

Save the appreciation threads for those actually leaving the Sox organization

Why is it a bad thing to appreciate somebody? Brooks is a helluva guy, and is one person in front office with a legitimate connection to the fans. He seeks our input quite often, and it's nice to have a guy that gets us honest answers, but always seems open to suggestion. Not that he listens to us wacky internet people all the time.:redneck

While I was a little surprised and thought Brooks was "gone," I see no reason not to give the guy some love. :gulp:

12-20-2006, 10:47 PM
I think he has done great, but man we are bored or hard up for some good material if we are starting an appreciation thread to our marketing guy, who hasn't even left the team....Let start the "Pony Tailed Beer Man" appreciation thread next.

INSox56
12-21-2006, 09:49 AM
Last season was my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary. Their honeymoon was spent in chicago at a nice hotel for a week and on their first day, went to opening day sox game. So I asked Brooks if he could talk to Farmio and Singleton and ask them to say something for me. He asked what I'd like to be said and, it wasn't opening night, but a week or so later, Farmio and Singleton said word for word what I asked Brooks to tell them. They said congrats themselves and best wishes. What a great guy...what a great ORGANIZATION!