PDA

View Full Version : Strategic Thinking

Notsososox
12-11-2006, 08:29 AM
The last few weeks have highlighted the vast superiority of Sox management's strategic thinking vis a vis the north side team.

Williams is thinking ahead of the curve and taking risks that may or may not work out but I am overjoyed that they are making larger investments in scouting and player development to go along with their financial prudence.

That prudence does not mean they are cheap (as they have seemed to us for so long) but rather it preserves future options that those being imprudent will not have (aka payroll flexibility)

Now for the ultimate strategic makeover. Partnering with the Illinois Sports Authority to develop the surface parking lots that surround the park into a dynamic, mixed-use, urban neighborhood that will continue to build 35th and Shields as the Midwest's premier baseball destination along with the mostly completed rework of US Cellular Park and a consistently playoff caliber on the field product.

CashMan
12-11-2006, 08:35 AM
The last few weeks have highlighted the vast superiority of Sox management's strategic thinking vis a vis the north side team.

Williams is thinking ahead of the curve and taking risks that may or may not work out but I am overjoyed that they are making larger investments in scouting and player development to go along with their financial prudence.

That prudence does not mean they are cheap (as they have seemed to us for so long) but rather it preserves future options that those being imprudent will not have (aka payroll flexibility)

Now for the ultimate strategic makeover. Partnering with the Illinois Sports Authority to develop the surface parking lots that surround the park into a dynamic, mixed-use, urban neighborhood that will continue to build 35th and Shields as the Midwest's premier baseball destination along with the mostly completed rework of US Cellular Park and a consistently playoff caliber on the field product.

Pretty good. I think Kenny doesn't want what happend to some teams(Cubs) happen to us. Say, that Garcia and Buehrle dont resign, then we are spending 40mill/4yrs for not 1 but 2 guys who are 5th starters. This way, he does with Floyd, what he did with McCarthy, and gets him some experience in the bullpen.