PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, White Sox trying to save $19 million?

caulfield12
12-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Who comes up with this stuff?

Do they really think KW would trade Garcia AND Garland for youngsters, pocket the money and sit on the "cost savings?"

They have to be out of their minds.

McCarthy cost/benefit analysis, will probably do just as well as Garcia at a fraction of the cost.

I wish they would start writing more articles about Dell hiring 5 call-center associates in Bangalore to replace one in the US, lol. When Michael Dell or Jack Welch do that, they're portrayed as successful "cost-cutting" CEOs and capitalist. When Reinsdorf and KW do the same thing, they're deliberately trying to sabotage our chances to get back to the World Series and vilified.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-061209bbmeet,1,202597.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

itsnotrequired
12-09-2006, 11:18 PM

Do they really think KW would trade Garcia AND Garland for youngsters, pocket the money and sit on the "cost savings?"

McCarthy cost/benefit analysis, will probably do just as well as Garcia at a fraction of the cost.

I wish they would start writing more articles about Dell hiring 5 call-center associates in Bangalore to replace one in the US, lol. When Michael Dell or Jack Welch do that, they're portrayed as successful "cost-cutting" CEOs and capitalist. When Reinsdorf and KW do the same thing, they're deliberately trying to sabotage our chances to get back to the World Series and vilified.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-061209bbmeet,1,202597.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

I hear Reinsdorf is looking to buy a new boat.

CWSpalehoseCWS
12-10-2006, 12:24 AM
If they are trying to save money, my guess would be that it'll go towards re-signing Dye.

Oldschoolsoxguy
12-10-2006, 12:30 AM
How about using the $$$$ to really piss off the cubs and their fans by signing Zambrano when his deal is up after the upcoming season.Those
****ers need a boot in the ass after what they've done with the salaries.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-10-2006, 02:22 AM

Get the teal or get a clue. Don't mean to be a jackass but you have to be kidding. Reinsdorf told KW that money wasn't an issue and that he could INCREASE payroll. KDub is doing all this on his own. I still say he either has something up his sleeve or he will acquire a big star with a big contract right before the season or during the season.

Nellie_Fox
12-10-2006, 03:01 AM
I hear Reinsdorf is looking to buy a new boat.Please. I'm quite certain that he can buy whatever the hell he wants.

fusillirob1983
12-10-2006, 03:10 AM
It's interesting how they analyze the AL and NL Central separately and many of the sections on each team mention other division rivals, but the Cubs are used as a comparison in the Sox section. Weird.

caulfield12
12-10-2006, 07:46 AM
Get the teal or get a clue. Don't mean to be a jackass but you have to be kidding. Reinsdorf told KW that money wasn't an issue and that he could INCREASE payroll. KDub is doing all this on his own. I still say he either has something up his sleeve or he will acquire a big star with a big contract right before the season or during the season.

I think someone with that many posts would have used "teal" if they so desired.

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-10-2006, 07:53 AM
No sportswriter is a GM. Most of them in major cities write articles so THEY can get publicity (again, see Webster's Dictionary: Moronotti, Jay).

If the White Sox made ZERO moves in 2006, and left the team intact, there would have been screams about standing pat. The Sox don't go after Soriano(who, IMHO, is Sosa less 30 lbs of medicinal muscle), and THAT causes them to miss the postseason. They then trade a SP who admitted he lost some of his fastball for two younger arms, and it's almost like the writers in this town(the bad ones, anyway) are ready to pull out another white flag article.

It's not the easiest thing to do, but let the Trib be the Trib. Enjoy your Cubs payroll - it will be an expensive third place finish.

Leave the GM work to Kenny. I have faith in KW and the Chicago White Sox.

itsnotrequired
12-10-2006, 08:08 AM

Please. I'm quite certain that he can buy whatever the hell he wants.

Jeez, I thought the teal was implied. My apologies.

:redneck

MarySwiss
12-10-2006, 08:14 AM
No sportswriter is a GM. Most of them in major cities write articles so THEY can get publicity (again, see Webster's Dictionary: Moronotti, Jay).

If the White Sox made ZERO moves in 2006, and left the team intact, there would have been screams about standing pat. The Sox don't go after Soriano(who, IMHO, is Sosa less 30 lbs of medicinal muscle), and THAT causes them to miss the postseason. They then trade a SP who admitted he lost some of his fastball for two younger arms, and it's almost like the writers in this town(the bad ones, anyway) are ready to pull out another white flag article.

It's not the easiest thing to do, but let the Trib be the Trib. Enjoy your Cubs payroll - it will be an expensive third place finish.

Leave the GM work to Kenny. I have faith in KW and the Chicago White Sox.
Amen!

This kind of offseason blather never bothers me because every year when the "this is the Cubs' year" talk starts, I just think ahead to about June 15th or so when they're going to be in 4th place and the Sox will be right in the thick of things, and I break out in a big smile. :D:

Cuck_The_Fubs
12-10-2006, 08:27 AM
I heard some sort of rumor where he's stock-piling youngsters to be used in a trade. The cash is probably going to be used up in bullpen usage or someone good like Chone Figgins or something. :tongue:

WizardsofOzzie
12-10-2006, 09:57 AM
How about using the $$$$ to really piss off the cubs and their fans by signing Zambrano when his deal is up after the upcoming season.Those
****ers need a boot in the ass after what they've done with the salaries.
I'll pass.....he's a headcase who wouldn't be good for the clubhouse. I think we pissed them off enough by getting Jon Garland from them for Matt Karchner

Dan the Man
12-10-2006, 10:40 AM
I'm pretty sure I heard KW say the other day that for the first time in his career, money and payroll isn't an option.

kittle42
12-10-2006, 10:42 AM

No. We've never known Jerry Reinsdorf to act that way.

The Dude
12-10-2006, 11:08 AM

No way man, I heard he was going to turn the parking lot D into a giant enclosed funpark for Jerry only. That way he can put the 19 million in it and slide into all the money he's making at the expense of the team!:redneck

spiffie
12-10-2006, 11:22 AM
The full quote reads:

Of course, in the process, he would have saved about $19 million for the upcoming summer.

And then below that it says:

The Sox have signed no free agents of note and have not lost anyone they didn't want to lose.

To me that sounds like the Sox are loading up for if they want to make a major move at the trade deadline. As it says, they've lost no one they didn't already want to lose.

caulfield12
12-10-2006, 11:29 AM
No. We've never known Jerry Reinsdorf to act that way.

Yes, but those were times when they were mediocre and spending money crazily was a waste, like the Royals and Meche.

This is new territory, they only have ONE time to get it right and keep it that way.

southside rocks
12-10-2006, 06:55 PM

Out of their whats? :rolleyes:

This is the Cubune in full cry. Isn't it beautiful?