PDA

View Full Version : Gavin Floyd on the score

JermaineDye05
12-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Gavin Floyd on the score, FYI

Palehose Pete
12-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Can't get to a radio. Anything that we should know about from the interview? Thanks in advance.

MUsoxfan
12-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Must have been a doozy.....nobody's shutting up about it

JermaineDye05
12-09-2006, 10:39 PM
basically the whole interview was all what we have heard from quotes in the tribune and stuff. One high point in the interview they asked him about the Rowand catch and if he bought Aaron a steak or something after he pretty much saved him. Then later on in the interview they said that Floyd's gonna have to let it be known he'll be willing to compensate for whenever a sox player saves him be it by a nice catch or hr or w.e. All I have to say about that is he's gonna have to buy Joe a hell of a lot of steaks.

CWSpalehoseCWS
12-10-2006, 01:27 AM
basically the whole interview was all what we have heard from quotes in the tribune and stuff. One high point in the interview they asked him about the Rowand catch and if he bought Aaron a steak or something after he pretty much saved him. Then later on in the interview they said that Floyd's gonna have to let it be known he'll be willing to compensate for whenever a sox player saves him be it by a nice catch or hr or w.e. All I have to say about that is he's gonna have to buy Joe a hell of a lot of steaks.

Well, at least he won't owe Pods that much.

infohawk
12-10-2006, 01:39 AM
Would the steak have been for Rowand to eat or put on his face to help control the swelling?:redneck

Seriously, that was one hell of a catch!

Vernam
12-10-2006, 02:11 AM
Would the steak have been for Rowand to eat or put on his face to help control the swelling?:redneckNow we know Floyd was being literal when he said earlier that he'd been "marinating."

Vernam

Grzegorz
12-10-2006, 05:39 AM
The one interesting point in the interview centered around Floyd's feeling toward the advice of others.

I am not sure if that was from the coaches, the manager, the fans, or whomever but Floyd felt he'd have to listen to himself or believe in the talent that had him drafted in the first place.

I do not believe this means he will discard Cooper's advice, but when he started to explain his position on the issue he sure made himself sound stubborn. Again, he seems to correct himself to the point where I would not believe, based on an initial interview, that he was unteachable.

He said he'll work out of the pen; he just wants to contribute to the team winning.

goon
12-11-2006, 12:21 AM
wow, i've been dying to say something about this kid over the last few days, it sucked not being able to post.

on the night of the trade did anyone see his highlights on comcast? WOW does this guy have a NASTY curveball... i'm talking 12-6, falling off a table breaking ball. the batter's were not even close to hitting it, unreal.

if this guy can find some control, this could be a very nice pickup for the sox, especially if what i've read in scouting reports about his fastball being between 91-94 MPH, though i did read conflicting reports saying that he's lost some speed.

this guy has some potential if he can find the strikezone, he could be a huge asset to the bullpen and maybe someday the rotation.

JackParkman
12-11-2006, 03:31 PM
The one interesting point in the interview centered around Floyd's feeling toward the advice of others.

I am not sure if that was from the coaches, the manager, the fans, or whomever but Floyd felt he'd have to listen to himself or believe in the talent that had him drafted in the first place.

I do not believe this means he will discard Cooper's advice, but when he started to explain his position on the issue he sure made himself sound stubborn. Again, he seems to correct himself to the point where I would not believe, based on an initial interview, that he was unteachable.

He said he'll work out of the pen; he just wants to contribute to the team winning.

I'd heard/read quotes from his previously in this regard, and I don't believe he's trying to be stubborn or dimissive of input from coaches. He made similar comments previously that indicated he believed he was listening to too much advice from too many voices and, as a result, got himself all of of whack. To get over that he in essence said he wants to get back to basics and stick with what worked for him 4-5 years ago.

QCIASOXFAN
12-11-2006, 03:37 PM
Well, at least he won't owe Pods that much.
:(: That was a low blow.

ajismyhero
12-11-2006, 03:59 PM
He sounded really nervous on the air and I think that his talk about needing to listen to the good advice and himself more was just something the Sox PR guy told him to say when asked about his previous ERA. All in all, sounds like a good kid, who will work hard to win games for the team - certainly can't complain about that!