PDA

View Full Version : Inge signs new deal with Tiggers

palehozenychicty
12-09-2006, 11:33 AM
I didn't see it anywhere. Inge had his moments, both positive and negative. Not a horrible deal by any means, and he's well liked by the organization.

linkee (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6252958)

cleanwsox
12-09-2006, 12:53 PM
If only we could get Crede to sign a deal like that....

Domeshot17
12-09-2006, 01:05 PM
This is AWESOME for Sox fans who want Crede Back. Boras in any long term deal is going to look at Aramis. Kenny now has something to counter with. Inge I heard referred to on a Fox Broadcast once as a "poor mans Joe Crede". His Range is amazing, however the routine plays hurt him as he still gets used to 3b. His power is similiar to Crede's and his career has taken almost the same path. Had Inge had a monster post season he would have gotten more. I think this rightly sets the Crede Market at 4 years 9 million per.

caulfield12
12-09-2006, 01:37 PM
This is AWESOME for Sox fans who want Crede Back. Boras in any long term deal is going to look at Aramis. Kenny now has something to counter with. Inge I heard referred to on a Fox Broadcast once as a "poor mans Joe Crede". His Range is amazing, however the routine plays hurt him as he still gets used to 3b. His power is similiar to Crede's and his career has taken almost the same path. Had Inge had a monster post season he would have gotten more. I think this rightly sets the Crede Market at 4 years 9 million per.

You just said it yourself, Crede is a much better and more consistent defender. Inge makes spectacular players and blows lots of routine ones (see Uribe, Juan or Valentin, Jose).

In the last year and one half, he's shown himself to be not only a clutch hitter but one of the 3-5 best 3B in all of baseball.

He's well-liked and gets along with all of his teammates.

Inge is never going to be a .300 hitter IMO.

Inge is more versatile and faster, but you're only looking at ONE position.
It's not like you say Ozuna, Figgins AND Inge can play every position, they're more valuable, because they don't play their main position as well as Joe.

$12-13 million player right now, maybe more.

veeter
12-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Hey Caulfield, Juan Uribe makes ALL the plays. Don't compare him to Jose or Inge. C'Mon, what are you watching?

FedEx227
12-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Um, no... he doesn't.

Great signing by the Tigers. Inge is a great guy, seems like almost a team leader in there. Quietly puts together some solid seasons, and like a poster said above good counter for KW to keep Crede.

Domeshot17
12-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Crede is not worth 12-13 million a season. Crede is worth 9-10 TOPS. With his back a constant ?, His bat streaky and inconsistent, and his speed being slightly better then Konerko, you can't pay him 12-13 per. Joe will also never be .300 hitter. He will be a .280 25-30 80-95 RBI guy. Not bad, but closer to top 8 in the league then top 5.

Im hoping his back played into it more then him just slumping, but Crede also hit .179 during september and october. Not really what you want from a clutch hitter in a tight division race.

If Boras starts at 12-13, you dont go above 10 and not beyond 3 years unless he agrees to have the surgery. As much as I love Crede, he just isnt worth Konerko money.

caulfield12
12-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Crede is not worth 12-13 million a season. Crede is worth 9-10 TOPS. With his back a constant ?, His bat streaky and inconsistent, and his speed being slightly better then Konerko, you can't pay him 12-13 per. Joe will also never be .300 hitter. He will be a .280 25-30 80-95 RBI guy. Not bad, but closer to top 8 in the league then top 5.

Im hoping his back played into it more then him just slumping, but Crede also hit .179 during september and october. Not really what you want from a clutch hitter in a tight division race.

If Boras starts at 12-13, you dont go above 10 and not beyond 3 years unless he agrees to have the surgery. As much as I love Crede, he just isnt worth Konerko money.

You know he will get more than Inge. So you're starting minimum, $10.

Imagine, we just announced that Crede had been traded for Inge today? WOULD ANYONE BE HAPPY? (well, maybe those who want a team of speedsters i guess)

Arbitrators and mediators don't take into account "potential" injury problems...and giving Konerko that contract could be labelled equally risky.

Name all the 3B you would rather have than Crede? This should be good.

A-Rod? some here would still prefer Crede
Rolen? not coming off the injuries and at his age
Chavez? not a clear-cut case after last season
A. Ramirez? well, i dare you to say that!

You have Miguel Cabrera and David Wright, MAYBE.

Don't give me Garrett Atkins' stats in COL. Billy Hall? Mike Lowell? Chipper (maybe 3 years ago)?

There's no way you can come up with even five players you'd clearly rather have than Crede (based on talent, not to mention salary).

ViPeRx007
12-09-2006, 05:42 PM
You know he will get more than Inge. So you're starting minimum, $10.

Imagine, we just announced that Crede had been traded for Inge today? WOULD ANYONE BE HAPPY? (well, maybe those who want a team of speedsters i guess)

Arbitrators and mediators don't take into account "potential" injury problems...and giving Konerko that contract could be labelled equally risky.

Name all the 3B you would rather have than Crede? This should be good.

A-Rod? some here would still prefer Crede
Rolen? not coming off the injuries and at his age
Chavez? not a clear-cut case after last season
A. Ramirez? well, i dare you to say that!

You have Miguel Cabrera and David Wright, MAYBE.

Don't give me Garrett Atkins' stats in COL. Billy Hall? Mike Lowell? Chipper (maybe 3 years ago)?

There's no way you can come up with even five players you'd clearly rather have than Crede (based on talent, not to mention salary).

If I had the choice for any 3B in the league, I'd probably pick Wright over Crede. Probably Cabrera as well.

As for coming up with five I'd rather have than Crede: not going to happen. I could barely pick two.

Domeshot17
12-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Crede being better then Inge shouldnt start his salary at 4 million dollars a season more for similiar stats.

I would take personally Cabrera Wright Arod for sure over Crede. Others I would consider seriously are Garret Atikins (Colorado or not, he hit .313 on the road with an OPS over .900, he is just a sick hitter), Ryan Zimmerman (young, 20 home runs 100+ Rbis, he is going to be a stud, maybe better then Wright),

On top of that, all things considered, you can make cases for Troy Glaus,Lowell Chavez Rolen and, atleast offensively, Aramis. Offensively, Aramis is a top 4 3b. I would take Crede over Stonehands any day because of his D, but you don't get paid based on defense, you get paid based on your offensive numbers first and foremost. If you can hit 45 home runs a season, there will be a spot for you on a team even if you couldn't catch a beach ball. However, you could be the best defensive player to ever touch the field, and if you can't hit, you might make it a year or 2 (example Augie Ojeda).

Crede did have a better season than Inge, He hit .280, Inge only .253. However, Crede was 8th in all 3b in OPS. Everyone is going to be a homer. I would only take a handful of guys over Crede.

My point was Kenny is in a good spot now. He can compare Crede to Inge, and when Boras comes back that Crede took the Silver Slugger, Williams can almost throw his D out the window during negotiations because he doesnt have a gold glove yet.

I am not saying Crede doesnt deserve one, but in terms of negotiations, Kenny now has some firepower to combat Bora$$

Oblong
12-09-2006, 11:23 PM
This contract is a good one for Detroit, especially considering the deals being signed this off season.

I used to say some vile things about Inge. Garbinge, Syringe (I thought he was a candidate to be a juicer), bizzaro Bonds... but he's proved me wrong.

When thinking of a Crede vs. Inge swap you have to consider that Crede kills the Tigers. I went to 4 of the games this year and he was my most feared Sox player. I think Crede is better but if you are considering money and Crede ends up with $10 or $12 a year, then I think I'd take Inge and use that money elsewhere.

caulfield12
12-09-2006, 11:54 PM
Are you sure Atkins and Zimmerman could produce on a pennant contender? Both of their teams were out of the race for much of the season.

It's not unlike those who were saying Kip Wells was an "ace" for the Pirates in 2002 and 2003.

Now, I think Atkins and Zimmerman are quality players, but they don't have a 2-3 year performance track record YET.

Before we annoint them as "equal or better," let's see them put up the same stats for a team comparable to the White Sox, in the American League.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9859812

ondafarm
12-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Inge is a good player and he has found a home in Detroit. I think it is smart of him to sign an extension deal now, while his negotiation value is peaked. I look for Crede to sign a similar deal next year.

Domeshot17
12-10-2006, 01:22 PM
First of all, How can Zimmerman have a track record? He was a rookie. A rookie who hit over 300 with 20 dongs and 110 rbis in a tough place to hit. He is going to be the real deal. He does play in a tough division, albiet for the NL, but at the same time, he was asked to be the offensive force beyond Soriano and he came through as a Rookie. I am pretty sure as much pressure as a pennant chase would put on him, hitting 7 or 8 beind the links of PK Thome Dye and AJ would take just as much off. I also think going from RFK to the Cell could help the power numbers.

Atkins is another up and coming guy. I mean I love Joe Crede, but if we have to take a 2 year sample, then Crede doesnt even stack up to himself. He has had 1 good post season and 1 good season. He had an AWEFUL September/October during that good season. I want to see more then 1 good year of Crede before I give him 10 a season, let alone 12-13

caulfield12
12-10-2006, 02:38 PM
First of all, How can Zimmerman have a track record? He was a rookie. A rookie who hit over 300 with 20 dongs and 110 rbis in a tough place to hit. He is going to be the real deal. He does play in a tough division, albiet for the NL, but at the same time, he was asked to be the offensive force beyond Soriano and he came through as a Rookie. I am pretty sure as much pressure as a pennant chase would put on him, hitting 7 or 8 beind the links of PK Thome Dye and AJ would take just as much off. I also think going from RFK to the Cell could help the power numbers.

Atkins is another up and coming guy. I mean I love Joe Crede, but if we have to take a 2 year sample, then Crede doesnt even stack up to himself. He has had 1 good post season and 1 good season. He had an AWEFUL September/October during that good season. I want to see more then 1 good year of Crede before I give him 10 a season, let alone 12-13

We'll wait and see if the sophomore slump sets in...then we can revisit this conversation next offseason.