PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Quotes in Tribune

Hitmen77
12-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Here's what the newest White Sox has to say:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-061208soxfloyd,1,7147207.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

DumpJerry
12-08-2006, 10:15 PM
He marinates?????:?:

PeteWard
12-08-2006, 10:16 PM

I thought that's why we got rid of Freddy!

SluggersAway
12-08-2006, 10:27 PM
I hope his command of his pitches is better than his command of the english language.

So, are we to understand that he coated and/or immersed himself in foods with an acidic-based liquid or dry rub in order to tenderize and flavor before he began to accept this trade?

drftnaway
12-08-2006, 10:41 PM

It makes him more convertible?????

Realist
12-08-2006, 10:43 PM
From what he says in that article, it sounds like he's a prime candidate for Don Cooper's magic.

SluggersAway
12-08-2006, 10:44 PM
I hope he really said: "after a day of [RUMINATING] on it, I'm ready."

If not, KW really got a "brilliant" one in this trade.

Cubune flub or a just another dumb 23 year old pitcher...this one might be too close to call.

ondafarm
12-08-2006, 10:50 PM

Cubune flub or a just another dumb 23 year old pitcher...this one might be too close to call.

Marinating as in letting it soak in.

oeo
12-08-2006, 10:52 PM

I think you're going a little overboard. That's not the first time I've ever seen or heard the word used in that context.

He seems pretty excited to be here, hopefully he's here for awhile.

SluggersAway
12-08-2006, 10:57 PM
That's not the first time I've ever seen or heard the word used in that context.

Citation please.

SluggersAway
12-08-2006, 11:01 PM
Marinating as in letting it soak in.

I know the definition, but people don't "marinate" unless they are the final course in the film Apocalypto.

oeo
12-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Citation please.

I never said it was the correct term to use. I guess you could call it slang...but just search Google with the word in this context and you will see it all over.

Bill Naharodny
12-08-2006, 11:06 PM
It makes him more convertible?????

It's like the Tribune did the interview using a book of Mad Libs. Either that, or Nuke Laloosh just joined the White Sox.

palehozenychicty
12-08-2006, 11:29 PM
I never said it was the correct term to use. I guess you could call it slang...but just search Google with the word in this context and you will see it all over.

It's slang, albeit old slang. "Marinate" is spoken in terms of the pure definition, which is to ruminate and develop thoughts, ideas, concepts, etc. It also pertains to soaking meats/vegetables in vinegar/lemon juice.

soltrain21
12-09-2006, 04:45 AM
He was probably nervous and tripping over his words or something, and the Trib jumped at the oppurtunity to print it exactly as it says. Who knows.

Cut him some slack, he isn't here to be smart. None of these guys are.

caulfield12
12-09-2006, 04:34 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9859798

WhiteSoxFan84
12-09-2006, 04:37 PM
you want to talk about marinating and using it in correct (and delicious) context? go get a watermelon, cut it in half, grab one of the halves and slice n dice all the insides, then pour some vodka in there, put it outside in the cold and let it marinate for a day. get it tomorrow, and grab the half and just drink it like a huge bowl of cereal. thank me tomorrow as well.

fquaye149
12-09-2006, 04:43 PM
you want to talk about marinating and using it in correct (and delicious) context? go get a watermelon, cut it in half, grab one of the halves and slice n dice all the insides, then pour some vodka in there, put it outside in the cold and let it marinate for a day. get it tomorrow, and grab the half and just drink it like a huge bowl of cereal. thank me tomorrow as well.

works even better if you add a bottle of champagne and a blender to the equation...

but about this thread...why on earth would you care if a 24 year old guy who is being paid to USE GOOD GRAMMAR...wait I mean...to PITCH used a word that is of questionable validity.

Gosh...it's almost as bad as if he would have misspelled VAZQUEZ!!!!