PDA

View Full Version : White Sox books??

WizardsofOzzie
12-08-2006, 07:28 PM
My little brother is 13, and i asked my mom what he was into this year (every year is different) and she told me that i would be good with anything White Sox related......thats my brother :D:

Anyways, i was going to get him a new hat, no problem there but he also likes to read, so i want to get him a sox book. The question is, who knows which sox book would be good reading for a kid his age. He definately has the attention span but i just don't want to get him a book that has words he dosen't understand and such. thanks!

WhiteSox5187
12-08-2006, 07:44 PM
I got these two books for my dad one is called like "The Southside Hitmen" and "1959 And Beyond" they're skinny books with lots of pictures. Would he like those? Oh and of course "Sox and the City"

WizardsofOzzie
12-08-2006, 07:50 PM
I got these two books for my dad one is called like "The Southside Hitmen" and "1959 And Beyond" they're skinny books with lots of pictures. Would he like those? Oh and of course "Sox and the City"
I haven't read Sox and the City myself, but it did catch my eye and i was thinking of buying it for him. You don't think it will be too over his head do you?

StatManDu
12-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Easily, the best book ever written on the Sox is 'Who's On Third' by Rich Lindberg. It is must reading for every Sox fan and I read at least once a baseball season and once in the offseason.

Also, anything by Lindberg on the Sox is recommended. He is the best.

Brian26
12-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Easily, the best book ever written on the Sox is 'Who's On Third' by Rich Lindberg. It is must reading for every Sox fan and I read at least once a baseball season and once in the offseason.

Also, anything by Lindberg on the Sox is recommended. He is the best.

I agree. Lindberg is the best. I read "Who's On Third?" when it first came out in 1983, as an eleven year old, and I devoured it because of all of the great history on the team in the late 70's just before I was a fan. The only problem with a 13 yr old reading it now is that he's not going to have as much interest in those teams, just as I didn't care as much about the late 50's/early 60's teams back then.

I haven't read Sox and the City myself, but it did catch my eye and i was thinking of buying it for him. You don't think it will be too over his head do you?

That book is on my Christmas list too. I'd give your little brother more credit. As a 13-year old Sox fan, he'll love it. I'd also recommend the Total White Sox book. He'll eat that stuff up, and it will make him even more of a fan.

WizardsofOzzie
12-08-2006, 09:56 PM
That book is on my Christmas list too. I'd give your little brother more credit. As a 13-year old Sox fan, he'll love it. I'd also recommend the Total White Sox book. He'll eat that stuff up, and it will make him even more of a fan.
Im sold....thanks for the info guys!!

RealMenWearBlack
12-08-2006, 10:11 PM
I hadn't heard of that "Who's on Third?" book before, so I bought myself a copy and am looking forward to reading it over my holiday break. Thanks for the suggestion; the book sounds very interesting. I couldn't find it new anywhere, but I would suggest going to amazon.com if anyone else is planning on buying it because there are a lot that are less than $1, although without shipping.

WhiteSox5187
12-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Nah.