PDA

View Full Version : In California, we look so foolish....

Fisk Fan
07-31-2001, 12:46 PM
I just returned from Southern California and as I read the L.A. Times, the article on the front page showed a picture of Baldwin in his new Dodger garb, and clowned the Sox organization for making a huge mistake. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but it seems that we expected to get a relief pitcher w/ major league potential, but instead we got a 32-year old outfielder? Can anyone clarify why this trade was made, and who is taking responsibility for this? I'm upset!

doublem23
07-31-2001, 12:50 PM
Yeah, KW thought he was getting a 23 year old pitcher named Berry and instead, he got a 32 year old outfielder named Barry (names may be switched, I'm not 100% sure on that).

charlie browned
07-31-2001, 01:08 PM
from the LA Times today:

The Diamondbacks, 1 games behind the Dodgers, acquired starter Albie Lopez and catcher Mike DiFelice from the Tampa Bay Devil Rays last Wednesday, a day before the Chicago White Sox sent Baldwin to the Dodgers for two pitching prospects and a journeyman minor league outfielder.

Some baseball officials said the four-player Baldwin trade was a lopsided deal in favor of the National League West leaders.

Then the right-hander pitched eight strong innings, getting a no-decision, in Sunday's 3-2 loss to the Colorado Rockies.

"I'll tell you this: I think that's one hell of a trade," Colorado Manager Buddy Bell said repeatedly. "He really knows how to pitch."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-073101dodgers.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2Dsports

To make matters worse, the LA Times is owned by the Cubune Company.