PDA

View Full Version : proof the Red Sox never intended to trade Manny

Fenway
12-08-2006, 11:06 AM
WEEI is having fun with the fact that yesterday the Red Sox delivered 500,000 pocket schedules for 2007 to Bank of America with Manny on the front of them.

humming a song from "The Who"

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Iwritecode
12-08-2006, 11:13 AM
In other news, the sky is still blue and water is still wet... :rolleyes:

Hangar18
12-08-2006, 11:17 AM
WEEI is having fun with the fact that yesterday the Red Sox delivered 500,000 pocket schedules for 2007 to Bank of America with Manny on the front of them.

Just like yesterday
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

Whats to say they purposely put him on the schedule to stop people from thinking otherwise?

caulfield12
12-08-2006, 11:24 AM

Just like yesterday
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

It was a reverse-psychology negotiating ploy by Nobel Prize for Economics winner Theo Epstein.

Maybe Long-Term Capital Management Group will give him a new job in 6 months.

Baby Fisk
12-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Thank goodness that's the last we'll hear of this. Until January. :rolleyes:

spiffie
12-08-2006, 11:36 AM

I assume this means that WEEI won't be breathlessly reporting the next 500 trade rumors over the next few weeks?

I've never listened to it, but between what Bill Simmons says about them and what I gather from fenway's posts here, it sounds like WEEI makes WSCR sound like Edward R. Murrow.

DumpJerry
12-08-2006, 11:43 AM
So? The Bulls printed tons of pocket schedules with Big Ben wearing a red headband. The game tickets also feature the same fashion statement.

CLR01
12-08-2006, 11:58 AM
How long does it take to print 500,000 pocket schedules? A day or two, maybe three? I don't know if this doesn't proves anything. I'm sure they had more than a few designs ready to go, too.

Domeshot17
12-08-2006, 12:07 PM
WEEI makes Bruce Levline look like he should have a job, atleast once every few years Levine strikes oil with a rumor. WEEI (in typical east coast fashion) Has adopted the 'throw enough **** on the wall something is bound to stick' approach

Fenway
12-08-2006, 12:08 PM
I assume this means that WEEI won't be breathlessly reporting the next 500 trade rumors over the next few weeks?

I've never listened to it, but between what Bill Simmons says about them and what I gather from fenway's posts here, it sounds like WEEI makes WSCR sound like Edward R. Murrow.

That pretty much nails it. All you need to know is their afternoon "Big Show" is the most listened to show in the market. Nothing else comes close.

I want Mags back
12-08-2006, 12:37 PM
they already have pocket schedules out?

Fenway
12-08-2006, 12:41 PM
they already have pocket schedules out?

Tickets go on sale tomorrow for April and May games

and the ever popular SoxPaks ( which are actually a good deal if you can get past tickets.com Virtual Waiting Room )

Red Sox fans will have the opportunity to purchase single-game tickets to select April and May home games and Sox Pax starting tomorrow at 10 a.m. ET. Make sure you have a seat at historic Fenway Park in 2007 for exciting Red Sox baseball.
http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/ticketing/singlegame.jsp?c_id=bos

gobears1987
12-08-2006, 12:49 PM
WEEI makes Bruce Levline look like he should have a job, atleast once every few years Levine strikes oil with a rumor. WEEI (in typical east coast fashion) Has adopted the 'throw enough **** on the wall something is bound to stick' approachNot to change the subject too much, but I believe that is Farmio's philosophy with calling home runs. He even does it when Pods bats.

ondafarm
12-08-2006, 01:36 PM
WEEI makes Bruce Levline look like he should have a job, atleast once every few years Levine strikes oil with a rumor. WEEI (in typical east coast fashion) Has adopted the 'throw enough **** on the wall something is bound to stick' approach

Or Phil Rogers.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-08-2006, 02:57 PM
I think what the Red Sox are doing with those pocket schedules (Manny on them) is the samething the Chicago Bulls did with all those season tickets and promotions that had Ben Wallace on them with a headband; make the fans circle what's wrong and then it gets eliminated.

Fenway
12-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Red Sox tickets are now on sale and nobody on any of the Boston boards has gotten in to buy tickets.

They have this thing called the Virtual Waiting Room that makes you want to banghead

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bos/ticketing/soxpax.jsp

Maybe somebody in the Midwest can get in :rolleyes:

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT PATRONS ARE SELECTED FROM THIS VIRTUAL WAITING ROOM ON A RANDOM BASIS FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE TICKETS.
We are experiencing very high demand. As a result, all requests for seats cannot be served simultaneously. Please be patient, and your browser will be refreshed in:
When we refresh your browser, we will determine your status in the waiting room and, if appropriate, give you an opportunity to request seats. DO NOT REFRESH THIS WINDOW. We appreciate your patience.
Tremendous interest for Boston Red Sox tickets may produce lengthy wait times. While waiting, please be sure to read the following important information and check for general availability status below.

Fenway
12-09-2006, 10:44 AM
The Red Sox need to hire West

One fan was offered Dolly Parton tickets, another was offered King Tut in Chicago

http://www.redsoxnation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=23602&st=20&gopid=623362&

StillMissOzzie
12-09-2006, 04:05 PM

In other news, the sky is still blue and water is still wet... :rolleyes:

Whats to say they purposely put him on the schedule to stop people from thinking otherwise?

It was a reverse-psychology negotiating ploy by Nobel Prize for Economics winner Theo Epstein.

Let's step into the Wayback machine for a moment, shall we?

Wait a minute...we can't trade Esteban Loaiza! We have 20,000 bobbleheads of him to give out in 3 days!

I hardly think Manny's mug on 500,000 pocket schedules will prevent a deal from going through. If anything, it insures that those season tickets get re-upped, as if they needed help there anyhow.

SMO
:gulp:

Fenway
12-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Let's step into the Wayback machine for a moment, shall we?

Wait a minute...we can't trade Esteban Loaiza! We have 20,000 bobbleheads of him to give out in 3 days!

I hardly think Manny's mug on 500,000 pocket schedules will prevent a deal from going through. If anything, it insures that those season tickets get re-upped, as if they needed help there anyhow.

SMO
:gulp:

They got 10,000 people paying $50 a year to be on the waiting list for season tickets.

Meanwhile FIVE hours I have been in the Virtual Waiting Room :angry:

I think every computer in 5 states sees this

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/BDD_VWR_12.9.06.jpg

1951Campbell
12-09-2006, 06:53 PM

Sample discourse/discussion topic on WEEI: should we trade Carl Everett because there is an unsubstaniated rumor that his wife beats their kids?

Real topic from my time in Boston, by the way.

Fenway
12-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Sample discourse/discussion topic on WEEI: should we trade Carl Everett because there is an unsubstaniated rumor that his wife beats their kids?

Real topic from my time in Boston, by the way.

I remember that topic It is about to get worse as WEEI will be on XM in 2007

lumpyspun
12-09-2006, 07:25 PM
I remember that topic It is about to get worse as WEEI will be on XM in 2007

One more reason to reup my Sirius subscription!:smile: